|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Hodges want to give food to the woman who asks for food for her child?
(a) Hodges hates everyone in Vietnam.
(b) Hodges says that there isn't enough food to go around.
(c) Hodges says that the hungry child is better off dead.
(d) Hodges says that it will go to the VC.
2. Where is Goodrich attending college when he decides to enlist in the Marines?
(a) Boston University
(c) Suffolk University
3. What changes Hodges' mind about being excited to be in the war?
(a) The severed hand of a soldier lands near him when a bomb goes off fifty feet from his cot.
(b) He is slightly injured as he lies on his cot.
(c) He doesn't like being in the jungle.
(d) He is not assigned to the unit he wanted.
4. What is Goodrich's strength as he sits contemplating after the battle?
(a) The men in his unit
(b) Memories of his girlfriend
(c) The ghosts of his past
(d) His happy memories of home
5. How did Phony act in order to survive at the Federal narcotics farm?
(a) He was smarter than everyone else.
(b) He acted like a leader.
(c) He acted scared and innocent.
(d) He became aggressive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes snide comments about the Chaplain who is leading a memorial service for the fallen men?
2. Chapter 11 What do Speedy, Smitty, Senator, and Burgie witness as they lie beyond the barbed wire for their LP watch?
3. Chapter 20 Where is Gilliland meeting his wife on his last day as a Marine?
4. Who gives Gilliland a ride part of the way to meet his wife?
5. Chapter 4 What is the injury that Ogre sustains during enemy fire?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)