|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 19
What is the diagnosis given by Doc Rabbit about the young child who is carried on a stretcher by some villagers?
(a) He is sure to die.
(b) He will be a vegetable for the rest of his life.
(c) He will be blinded from his head wound.
(d) He will recover fully.
2. Chapter 17
Why does a new trench hole have to be dug by the Marines rather than their using an old trench hole?
(a) The old hole is usually rancid from overuse.
(b) It is bad luck to use an old hole.
(c) The old hole could be booby-trapped or known by the enemy.
(d) The old hole is unsafe and likely to cave in.
3. What does Speedy offer to give Senator when he says that he wants to resign from the Marines?
(a) A medal to bring home to his wife
(b) A grenade to kill himself with
(c) A letter of recommendation
(d) Some extra money for travelling home
4. Chapter 11
What do Speedy, Smitty, Senator, and Burgie witness as they lie beyond the barbed wire for their LP watch?
(a) The enemy runs into the jungle.
(b) A boy is killed by a grenade.
(c) A woman pulled from her hooch and killed by the enemy.
(d) The enemy opens fire on the northern compound.
5. Who gives Gilliland a ride part of the way to meet his wife?
(a) An old buddy
(b) An ex-Marine
(c) An anti-war activist
(d) A religious family
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes snide comments about the Chaplain who is leading a memorial service for the fallen men?
2. Chapter 21 What is Snake's reaction at seeing Ogre and Baby Cakes again?
3. What is the worst enemy abuse that Goodrich remembers seeing?
4. What does Major Otto tell Hodges about Arizona Valley?
5. What is Goodrich's strength as he sits contemplating after the battle?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)