|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 8
How does Senator's friend, John Grimsley, get out of going to Vietnam?
(a) He shoots himself in the foot.
(b) He goes to Canada.
(c) He is given a psychological deferment.
(d) He cuts off his finger.
2. Where is Goodrich attending college when he decides to enlist in the Marines?
(a) Boston University
(b) Suffolk University
3. Why were Bobby and his father named after Robert E. Lee?
(a) They were given that name because Robert E. Lee personally thanked Bobby's ancestors for serving in the war.
(b) They were given the name because Bobby's grandmother was fascinated with Lee.
(c) They were given the name because it was tradition to name the children after a war hero.
(d) They were given the name because Bobby's grandfather was a history buff.
4. Chapter 1
What does Snake do when he encounters Smack-man?
(a) He kicks him furiously in the head.
(b) He sells dope to him.
(c) He buys dope from him.
(d) He threatens him with a knife.
5. Who makes snide comments about the Chaplain who is leading a memorial service for the fallen men?
(a) Senator, Bagger, and Ottenburger
(b) Senator, Snake, and Flaky
(c) Snake, Cat Man, and Flaky
(d) Senator, Cat Man, and Flaky
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 14 What is Gilliland looking forward to after his ten years of military service?
2. What changes Hodges' mind about being excited to be in the war?
3. Where is Bobby stationed while he awaits to leave for Vietnam?
4. Which member of Snake's platoon loses his leg?
5. What does Austin rip off Phony's back?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)