|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes Hodges' mind about being excited to be in the war?
(a) He doesn't like being in the jungle.
(b) He is not assigned to the unit he wanted.
(c) The severed hand of a soldier lands near him when a bomb goes off fifty feet from his cot.
(d) He is slightly injured as he lies on his cot.
2. What does Major Otto tell Hodges about Arizona Valley?
(a) It is hidden from the enemy.
(b) It's not as bad as everyone says.
(c) It is one of the quiet spots in the jungle.
(d) There is no hot food, no clean clothes, and blood and guts every day.
3. Chapter 6
Why is Hodges envious of the men he meets in the bush?
(a) They have plenty of food and water.
(b) They faced the enemy and prevailed.
(c) They have never faced the enemy in battle.
(d) They are leaving for home in one week.
4. Before Snake enlists in the Marines, what type of tattoo does he get?
(a) An evil clown
(b) A skull encircled with two snakes that reads "Death before Dishonor"
(c) An eagle and an American flag
(d) A tattoo that says, MOM
5. Why does Snake argue with Austin about the LP duty assignment?
(a) Almost all of Snake's men are injured and need to recover.
(b) Snake likes to argue with Austin about everything.
(c) Snake's men will not be able to get back over the wire if attacked.
(d) Snake's men just had duty and are tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Bobby and his father named after Robert E. Lee?
2. What is Hodges thinking as he watches his men dying in Arizona Valley?
3. What is the one thing that Austin tells Hodges he won't tolerate?
4. Which member of Snake's platoon loses his leg?
5. Where do Snake and Hodges plan to ambush next?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)