|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 8
How does Senator's friend, John Grimsley, get out of going to Vietnam?
(a) He cuts off his finger.
(b) He shoots himself in the foot.
(c) He goes to Canada.
(d) He is given a psychological deferment.
2. Which member of Snake's platoon loses his leg?
(a) Baby Cakes
3. Where is Bobby stationed while he awaits to leave for Vietnam?
(b) North Carolina
4. Where do the men gather as the sun begins to fall?
(a) They gather in a jungle hut.
(b) They gather in small clumps in four man holes.
(c) They gather in the Lieutenant's tent.
(d) They gather around a campfire.
5. Why were Bobby and his father named after Robert E. Lee?
(a) They were given the name because it was tradition to name the children after a war hero.
(b) They were given that name because Robert E. Lee personally thanked Bobby's ancestors for serving in the war.
(c) They were given the name because Bobby's grandfather was a history buff.
(d) They were given the name because Bobby's grandmother was fascinated with Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 9 What type of man is Angus Austin, the new Platoon Sergeant?
2. What is the one thing that Austin tells Hodges he won't tolerate?
3. Chapter 3 Where is Hodges processed and briefed?
4. What does Speedy offer to give Senator when he says that he wants to resign from the Marines?
5. Chapter 4 What is the injury that Ogre sustains during enemy fire?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)