|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Snake enlists in the Marines, what type of tattoo does he get?
(a) A skull encircled with two snakes that reads "Death before Dishonor"
(b) An eagle and an American flag
(c) A tattoo that says, MOM
(d) An evil clown
2. Why were Bobby and his father named after Robert E. Lee?
(a) They were given that name because Robert E. Lee personally thanked Bobby's ancestors for serving in the war.
(b) They were given the name because it was tradition to name the children after a war hero.
(c) They were given the name because Bobby's grandfather was a history buff.
(d) They were given the name because Bobby's grandmother was fascinated with Lee.
3. What does Snake do when he sees the new recruits?
(a) He gives them nicknames.
(b) He gives them some hot stew.
(c) He salutes them.
(d) He introduces them to everyone.
4. Where do the men gather as the sun begins to fall?
(a) They gather around a campfire.
(b) They gather in the Lieutenant's tent.
(c) They gather in a jungle hut.
(d) They gather in small clumps in four man holes.
5. Who makes snide comments about the Chaplain who is leading a memorial service for the fallen men?
(a) Senator, Cat Man, and Flaky
(b) Senator, Snake, and Flaky
(c) Senator, Bagger, and Ottenburger
(d) Snake, Cat Man, and Flaky
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 4 What is the injury that Ogre sustains during enemy fire?
2. What does Goodrich plan to do when he gets into the Marines?
3. What is the extent of Vitelli's injuries?
4. Chapter 9 What type of man is Angus Austin, the new Platoon Sergeant?
5. What is the one thing that Austin tells Hodges he won't tolerate?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)