|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hodges thinking as he watches his men dying in Arizona Valley?
(a) He has to figure out a way home.
(b) He will be in Arizona Valley the next day.
(c) He will ask to be reassigned.
(d) He will design a plan to go AWOL.
2. Why does Snake argue with Austin about the LP duty assignment?
(a) Almost all of Snake's men are injured and need to recover.
(b) Snake's men just had duty and are tired.
(c) Snake likes to argue with Austin about everything.
(d) Snake's men will not be able to get back over the wire if attacked.
3. What does Speedy offer to give Senator when he says that he wants to resign from the Marines?
(a) A letter of recommendation
(b) A medal to bring home to his wife
(c) A grenade to kill himself with
(d) Some extra money for travelling home
4. What is the one thing that Austin tells Hodges he won't tolerate?
(a) He won't tolerate vulgar language.
(b) He won't tolerate cowardice.
(c) He won't tolerate a Marine out of uniform and unshaved.
(d) He won't tolerate drug use.
5. What does Goodrich plan to do when he gets into the Marines?
(a) Work on jets
(b) Play in the Marine Band
(c) Be an infantryman
(d) Be a medic
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the civilians in America treat Gilliland when he returns home wearing his uniform?
2. Who makes snide comments about the Chaplain who is leading a memorial service for the fallen men?
3. Chapter 14 What is Gilliland looking forward to after his ten years of military service?
4. Chapter 8 How does Senator's friend, John Grimsley, get out of going to Vietnam?
5. Where is Goodrich attending college when he decides to enlist in the Marines?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)