|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 17
Why does a new trench hole have to be dug by the Marines rather than their using an old trench hole?
(a) It is bad luck to use an old hole.
(b) The old hole is usually rancid from overuse.
(c) The old hole is unsafe and likely to cave in.
(d) The old hole could be booby-trapped or known by the enemy.
2. Chapter 14
What is Gilliland looking forward to after his ten years of military service?
(a) Rest and relaxation
(b) Working as a private detective
(c) Joining the police force
(d) Travelling across the USA
3. What does Bagger do when he hears the song, These Eyes?
(a) He looks at pictures of his wife and son.
(b) He gets up and dances with an invisible partner.
(c) He sings along, even in battle.
(d) He starts crying.
4. How do the civilians in America treat Gilliland when he returns home wearing his uniform?
(a) They treat him with respect.
(b) They look at him like he is an animal.
(c) They treat him like a hero.
(d) They pity him.
5. Who makes snide comments about the Chaplain who is leading a memorial service for the fallen men?
(a) Senator, Cat Man, and Flaky
(b) Snake, Cat Man, and Flaky
(c) Senator, Snake, and Flaky
(d) Senator, Bagger, and Ottenburger
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goodrich plan to do when he gets into the Marines?
2. Chapter 7 Who does a great job digging and engineering two holes that Hodges notices?
3. What does Speedy offer to give Senator when he says that he wants to resign from the Marines?
4. What does Dan give a mamasan to give to her children?
5. Which member of Snake's platoon loses his leg?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)