|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Snake and the other men so excited about as they travel from the helicopter pad?
(a) Four days off in An Hoa
(b) Returning to the jungle
(c) The large number of the enemy they have killed
(d) Four days off in Hanoi
2. Why are the villagers told they have to keep walking even after Hodges says that he will transport them to the resettlement village in a Medevac?
(a) The villagers refuse the transport.
(b) The resettlement village is supposedly full.
(c) He can't be bothered and changes his mind.
(d) He is refused transport.
3. What is Hodges thinking when he sees that Flaky has been shot?
(a) He will be more attentive to Flaky from now on.
(b) He wishes someone else had been shot and not Flaky.
(c) He is glad it is Flaky that is shot and not someone else.
(d) He is sorry for not being a better friend to Flaky.
4. How does Goodrich pour out the agony he has felt for months?
(a) He screams loudly into the night.
(b) He plays the guitar and sings every anti-war song he can think of.
(c) He smashes everything in his tent.
(d) He cries on Hodges' shoulder.
5. What is Hodges' reaction to Goodrich's insults?
(a) He is silently livid.
(b) He is angry and ready for a fight.
(c) He is not bothered by it.
(d) He is amused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bagger tell Hodges as they sit together on his cot?
2. Why doesn't Hodges want to give food to the woman who asks for food for her child?
3. What effect does the Army have on Cannonball's brother?
4. What does Roland learn after he is in the military?
5. What is the Reverend's view on racism?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)