|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the villagers told they have to keep walking even after Hodges says that he will transport them to the resettlement village in a Medevac?
(a) He is refused transport.
(b) The villagers refuse the transport.
(c) The resettlement village is supposedly full.
(d) He can't be bothered and changes his mind.
2. What does Roland learn after he is in the military?
(a) Buddies protect buddies in the military.
(b) Everyone is on equal standing in the military.
(c) There is no white or black in the military.
(d) The black men in the military are hate machines.
3. What does Speedy offer to give Senator when he says that he wants to resign from the Marines?
(a) A medal to bring home to his wife
(b) A grenade to kill himself with
(c) A letter of recommendation
(d) Some extra money for travelling home
4. Chapter 19
What is the diagnosis given by Doc Rabbit about the young child who is carried on a stretcher by some villagers?
(a) He will be blinded from his head wound.
(b) He will be a vegetable for the rest of his life.
(c) He will recover fully.
(d) He is sure to die.
5. What does Roland decide to do when he receives his draft notice?
(a) Join the Marines
(b) Join the Navy
(c) Go to Canada
(d) Join the Army
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 13 What is a sign that the enemy is near?
2. Who gives Gilliland a ride part of the way to meet his wife?
3. What effect does the Army have on Cannonball's brother?
4. What is the name Cannonball's mother is known as back home?
5. Chapter 20 Where is Gilliland meeting his wife on his last day as a Marine?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)