|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 13
What is a sign that the enemy is near?
(a) The birds begin to screech.
(b) The fields are silent.
(c) The smell of human sweat is in the air.
(d) The water bulls disappear from the fields
2. What do four hippies sitting outside a restaurant call Gilliland?
(a) Baby Killer
(b) War Monger
(c) Killing Machine
3. What is the name Cannonball's mother is known as back home?
(a) Junk Lady Washington
(b) Crazy Lady Washington
(c) Drunk Lady Washington
(d) Fat Lady Washington
4. How does Goodrich feel after his tirade about Hodges?
(a) He feels consoled.
(b) He is embarrassed and silent.
(c) He feels better than he has in a long time.
(d) He is proud of himself.
5. Chapter 7
Who does a great job digging and engineering two holes that Hodges notices?
(d) The Vietnamese enemy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Speedy offer to give Senator when he says that he wants to resign from the Marines?
2. How does Goodrich pour out the agony he has felt for months?
3. What is Hodges thinking when he sees that Flaky has been shot?
4. What does Dan give a mamasan to give to her children?
5. Chapter 14 What is Gilliland looking forward to after his ten years of military service?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)