1) Discuss how Goodrich grows as a character from the beginning of the novel to the end.
2) How do his attitudes change toward the Vietnam War?
3) How does his attitude about his classmates change?
4) What are the differences in his attitude toward war protesters from the beginning to the end of the novel?
1) Analyze Bobby Hodges' personality and emotional changes throughout the novel.
2) What fears and emotions does he experience as he grows during his time in Vietnam?
3) How do his attitudes change as he develops from a civilian to an experienced soldier?
4) Cite examples of the character changes Hodges goes through from different scenes in the novel.
Goodrich is one of the main constants throughout the novel. He is mentioned in all parts of the story and everyone's life seems to revolve around him.
1) Explain how Goodrich and the characters intertwine as the book progresses.
2) What relationship does...
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)