Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
* Ronnie is a high school dropout in 1968.
* Ronnie's mother doesn't understand why he fights so much and carries hatred in his heart.
* Ronnie enlists in the Marines because he has a temper and likes to fight.
* Bobby is proud to go to Vietnam and carry on the family tradition of enlisting in the military.
* Bobby was named after Robert E. Lee.
* Bobby waits for paperwork in Okinawa and meets a girl named Mitsuko.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
* Bobby Hodges is briefed in Dan Nang.
* Bobby awakens to the sound of bombs and a severed hand lands near him.
* He leaves for Arizona Valley the next day.
* Snake pulls the wounded, Ogre, into his hole.
* Vitelli and Baby Cakes are wounded.
* Snake tells Homicide and Bagger that Vitelli didn't make it.
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
* Major Otto asks Hodges if he is ready for the bush...
This section contains 2,082 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)