|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the matchmaker brings Golde a couple of teen boys for her youngest daughters, what does Golde say?
2. When Yente hands a letter to Tzeitel, what else does she say?
3. As the villagers ask Tevye if he's seen the constable and then share with him rumors they've heard, the constable walks in and tells everyone what?
4. The villagers want to know if Tevye has seen the constable because they heard rumors about _______________.
5. Hodel tells Tevye that Perchik is in trouble but through no fault of his own. When Tevye expresses doubt, Hodel reminds him about the stories of _____________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the fiddler on the roof represent the instability that the Jewish villagers in Anatevka live with on a regular basis?
Essay Topic 2
Golde and Tevye seem to fight all the time, but underneath the surface there is much tenderness they feel for each other.
1. Why do Golde and Tevye bicker constantly?
2. How does each character push the boundaries of the roles they are expected to follow?
3. How does the reader or the audience know that despite all the arguing, there is deep love in this relationship?
Essay Topic 3
A great deal of information is revealed through the songs of Fiddler On The Roof.
1. Explain the importance of the songs in this play.
2. Give examples describing how songs provide additional information to show the bigger picture.
3. How do some of these songs bring the villagers together?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)