Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is everyone shocked when, at Tzeitel's wedding reception, Perchik asks Hodel to dance with him?
2. In his conversation with God following the wedding, what else does Tevye mention to God as needing attention?
3. Some time after Perchik leaves the village, Yente comes by with a letter she picked up at the post office. It's from Perchik, and it's for ______________.
4. What does Lazar give the newlyweds, Tzeitel and Motel?
5. While everyone's gathered at Motel's shop admiring the new arrival, Golde talks with Tzeitel about what?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Motel, Perchik, and Fyedka, the men who marry three of Tevye's daughters.
1. Which one does Tevye seem to favor? Why?
2. What lessons does Tevye learn, directly or indirectly, from each of his sons-in-law?
Essay Topic 2
Even though Tevye desires to be rich, how does he come to terms with being poor? What blessings does he count in his life? How do these blessings bring him wealth?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the unfair eviction of the Jews from their village, Anatevka, turns out to be a second chance for them in disguise.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)