|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Yente and other women of the village gossip, the story keeps changing. By the end of their gossiping, everyone mistakenly thinks that who has been arrested?
2. When Tevye reluctantly lets Hodel leave, he asks God to see that she ______________.
3. When Chava begs Tevye to accept her marriage with Fyedka, what does Tevye do?
4. When Yente hands a letter to Tzeitel, what else does she say?
5. The villagers want to know if Tevye has seen the constable because they heard rumors about _______________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though Tevye desires to be rich, how does he come to terms with being poor? What blessings does he count in his life? How do these blessings bring him wealth?
Essay Topic 2
How does the fiddler on the roof represent the instability that the Jewish villagers in Anatevka live with on a regular basis?
Essay Topic 3
Despite his deep love for his daughter Chava, Tevye can't bring himself to accept her marriage. He can't bring himself to speak with her openly. The best he can do is utter a blessing under his breath. Do you feel his behavior is justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)