|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When gossip started by Yente spreads like wildfire, changing along the way, the village blames the supposed woes befalling Tevye's family upon _____________.
2. When the villagers hear and share that there is big news in their village, they rush over to __________________.
3. When Shandel crosses the stage in a rush and a woman asks her where she's running, Shandel replies ________________.
4. At the end of the story, Yente says she will go where?
5. As Yente and other women of the village gossip, the story keeps changing. By the end of their gossiping, everyone mistakenly thinks that who has been arrested?
Essay Topic 1
A great deal of information is revealed through the songs of Fiddler On The Roof.
1. Explain the importance of the songs in this play.
2. Give examples describing how songs provide additional information to show the bigger picture.
3. How do some of these songs bring the villagers together?
Essay Topic 2
Even though tradition is important to Golde, she puts family first. Using examples, show how Golde serves as the one who keeps the family united.
Essay Topic 3
How does the fiddler on the roof represent the instability that the Jewish villagers in Anatevka live with on a regular basis?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)