|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some time after Tzeitel and Motel's wedding, why is Hodel upset with Perchik?
2. Where is Lazar Wolf going at the end of the story?
3. When Yente hands a letter to Tzeitel, what else does she say?
4. When the matchmaker brings Golde a couple of teen boys for her youngest daughters, what does Golde say?
5. In his conversation with God following the wedding, what else does Tevye mention to God as needing attention?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In trying to live up to their expected roles, many residents of Anatevka hide their true feelings from the world. Using supporting examples, explain how this is the case for the following characters:
1. Lazar Wolf, the butcher.
2. Motel, the tailor.
3. Chava, Tevye's daughter who loves to read.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Motel, Perchik, and Fyedka, the men who marry three of Tevye's daughters.
1. Which one does Tevye seem to favor? Why?
2. What lessons does Tevye learn, directly or indirectly, from each of his sons-in-law?
Essay Topic 3
How does humor ease the hardships the villagers experience on a daily basis? Write a detailed analysis using at least three examples.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)