Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is everyone shocked when, at Tzeitel's wedding reception, Perchik asks Hodel to dance with him?
2. In his conversation with God following the wedding, what else does Tevye mention to God as needing attention?
3. Some time after Perchik leaves the village, Yente comes by with a letter she picked up at the post office. It's from Perchik, and it's for ______________.
4. What does Lazar give the newlyweds, Tzeitel and Motel?
5. While everyone's gathered at Motel's shop admiring the new arrival, Golde talks with Tzeitel about what?
Explain how the times when Tevye speaks to the audience, and also to God, work well to advance the story in the absence of a narrator.
Tevye tries to strictly adhere to tradition, but often his heart wins out, resulting in a compromise with tradition.
1. Describe the internal turmoil Tevye feels as he is pulled in opposite directions by tradition and by his heartstrings.
2. Cite examples where he reaches a compromise. How does he manage to follow his heart while keeping his honor?
Select one character that goes through a major transformation from the beginning of the story to the conclusion.
1. How does he or she transform?
2. Does this transformation have greater ramifications in the village?
3. Is this individual a better person in the end because of the transformation? Why or why not?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)