Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is everyone shocked when, at Tzeitel's wedding reception, Perchik asks Hodel to dance with him?
2. In his conversation with God following the wedding, what else does Tevye mention to God as needing attention?
3. Some time after Perchik leaves the village, Yente comes by with a letter she picked up at the post office. It's from Perchik, and it's for ______________.
4. What does Lazar give the newlyweds, Tzeitel and Motel?
5. While everyone's gathered at Motel's shop admiring the new arrival, Golde talks with Tzeitel about what?
A great deal of information is revealed through the songs of Fiddler On The Roof.
1. Explain the importance of the songs in this play.
2. Give examples describing how songs provide additional information to show the bigger picture.
3. How do some of these songs bring the villagers together?
Describe the traditional roles for the papas, mamas, sons, and daughters of the village.
1. For each group, describe what aspects of their specified role brings about a sense of discontentment.
2. Despite this discontent, why are the villagers reluctant to bring about change?
Provide three examples showing how traditions are changing in Anatevka.
1. What serves as a catalyst for change in each case?
2. Does each change benefit anyone? Explain.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)