|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some time after Tzeitel and Motel's wedding, why is Hodel upset with Perchik?
2. As Tevye pulls his cart, Golde finds him. She is distraught. What does she share with Tevye?
3. In the final scene, where does Motel say he, Tzeitel, and the baby will be going to?
4. What does Lazar give the newlyweds, Tzeitel and Motel?
5. The boys that the matchmaker brings Golde for her youngest daughters _______________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the traditional roles for the papas, mamas, sons, and daughters of the village.
1. For each group, describe what aspects of their specified role brings about a sense of discontentment.
2. Despite this discontent, why are the villagers reluctant to bring about change?
Essay Topic 2
Even though tradition is important to Golde, she puts family first. Using examples, show how Golde serves as the one who keeps the family united.
Essay Topic 3
A great deal of information is revealed through the songs of Fiddler On The Roof.
1. Explain the importance of the songs in this play.
2. Give examples describing how songs provide additional information to show the bigger picture.
3. How do some of these songs bring the villagers together?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)