|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite Golde's protests, what does Tevye decide about Chava?
2. At the end of the story, Yente says she will go where?
3. When the rabbi arrives at Motel's shop where practically the entire village is gathered, everyone asks him if there is a blessing for what?
4. As Perchik tries to talk to Hodel, who is very unhappy with him, what does he say?
5. As Golde and Tevye prepare to leave their village, Golde is sad that Hodel and Perchik are not with them. Tevye tells her that ______________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Select one character that goes through a major transformation from the beginning of the story to the conclusion.
1. How does he or she transform?
2. Does this transformation have greater ramifications in the village?
3. Is this individual a better person in the end because of the transformation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Despite his deep love for his daughter Chava, Tevye can't bring himself to accept her marriage. He can't bring himself to speak with her openly. The best he can do is utter a blessing under his breath. Do you feel his behavior is justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the unfair eviction of the Jews from their village, Anatevka, turns out to be a second chance for them in disguise.
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)