|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite Golde's protests, what does Tevye decide about Chava?
2. Before Perchik proposes to Hodel, he says that marriage must be founded on ______________.
3. Where is Lazar Wolf going at the end of the story?
4. As Perchik tries to talk to Hodel, who is very unhappy with him, what does he say?
5. The villagers want to know if Tevye has seen the constable because they heard rumors about _______________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though Tevye desires to be rich, how does he come to terms with being poor? What blessings does he count in his life? How do these blessings bring him wealth?
Essay Topic 2
Even though tradition is important to Golde, she puts family first. Using examples, show how Golde serves as the one who keeps the family united.
Essay Topic 3
Despite his deep love for his daughter Chava, Tevye can't bring himself to accept her marriage. He can't bring himself to speak with her openly. The best he can do is utter a blessing under his breath. Do you feel his behavior is justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)