|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his conversation with God following the wedding, what else does Tevye mention to God as needing attention?
2. When Tevye comes in following Perchik's marriage proposal to Hodel, Perchik says he has bad news and good news. What is the bad news?
3. When Tevye reluctantly lets Hodel leave, he asks God to see that she ______________.
4. When Yente hands a letter to Tzeitel, what else does she say?
5. As the villagers ask Tevye if he's seen the constable and then share with him rumors they've heard, the constable walks in and tells everyone what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though Tevye desires to be rich, how does he come to terms with being poor? What blessings does he count in his life? How do these blessings bring him wealth?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the traditional roles for the papas, mamas, sons, and daughters of the village.
1. For each group, describe what aspects of their specified role brings about a sense of discontentment.
2. Despite this discontent, why are the villagers reluctant to bring about change?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the unfair eviction of the Jews from their village, Anatevka, turns out to be a second chance for them in disguise.
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)