|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chava begs Tevye to accept her marriage with Fyedka, what does Tevye do?
2. Some time after Perchik leaves the village, Yente comes by with a letter she picked up at the post office. It's from Perchik, and it's for ______________.
3. As Golde and Tevye prepare to leave their village, Golde is sad that Hodel and Perchik are not with them. Tevye tells her that ______________.
4. Hodel tells Tevye that Perchik is in trouble but through no fault of his own. When Tevye expresses doubt, Hodel reminds him about the stories of _____________.
5. Golde tells Tevye that in her search for Chava, she went to talk to the priest. What did the priest tell her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the unfair eviction of the Jews from their village, Anatevka, turns out to be a second chance for them in disguise.
Essay Topic 2
Provide three examples showing how traditions are changing in Anatevka.
1. What serves as a catalyst for change in each case?
2. Does each change benefit anyone? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Tevye and Golde's five daughters. How does each one break the traditional mold?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)