|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chava tries to talk to Tevye about the feelings she and Fyedka have for each other, Tevye says it would make him happy if _______________.
2. Inside Motel's shop, the villagers are gathered to see ______________.
3. Some time after Tzeitel and Motel's wedding, why is Hodel upset with Perchik?
4. Right before everyone leaves the village, Chava and Fyedka stop by to explain that they also are leaving because ________________.
5. What does Lazar give the newlyweds, Tzeitel and Motel?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Tevye and Golde's five daughters. How does each one break the traditional mold?
Essay Topic 2
How does humor ease the hardships the villagers experience on a daily basis? Write a detailed analysis using at least three examples.
Essay Topic 3
A great deal of information is revealed through the songs of Fiddler On The Roof.
1. Explain the importance of the songs in this play.
2. Give examples describing how songs provide additional information to show the bigger picture.
3. How do some of these songs bring the villagers together?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)