|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The boys that the matchmaker brings Golde for her youngest daughters _______________.
2. Long after Tzeitel's wedding, upon hearing of big news, the villagers trade _______________.
3. When the villagers hear and share that there is big news in their village, they rush over to __________________.
4. The villagers want to know if Tevye has seen the constable because they heard rumors about _______________.
5. While everyone's gathered at Motel's shop admiring the new arrival, Golde talks with Tzeitel about what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the traditional roles for the papas, mamas, sons, and daughters of the village.
1. For each group, describe what aspects of their specified role brings about a sense of discontentment.
2. Despite this discontent, why are the villagers reluctant to bring about change?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Tevye and Golde's five daughters. How does each one break the traditional mold?
Essay Topic 3
Do a character analysis on Yente, the village matchmaker. How does she stir things up for everyone in Anatevka? What does she represent on a larger scale?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)