|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Tevye's talk with Chava regarding Fyedka, the audience finds Tevye talking with God and pulling his cart. Why isn't his horse pulling it?
(a) The horse still has a bad leg.
(b) The horse has run off.
(c) He figures his horse has worked more than enough that day.
(d) The blacksmith is putting new shoes on his horse.
2. When the wedding ceremony is over and the celebrating begins, what does Mordcha say when he asks for silence?
(a) Tells everyone drinks are on the house.
(b) Asks people to not get too loud.
(c) Blesses the couple.
(d) Invites everyone to dance.
3. As Perchik tries to reason with Hodel, who is very upset, he explains that what happened at her sister's wedding _____________.
(a) Meant absolutely nothing.
(b) Was a simple misunderstanding.
(c) Is a sign that the villagers have it in for him.
(d) Is a sign of violence happening across the country.
4. What does Lazar give the newlyweds, Tzeitel and Motel?
(a) A gold goblet.
(b) A silver platter.
(c) Five chickens.
(d) Two cows.
5. As Tevye pulls his cart, Golde finds him. She is distraught. What does she share with Tevye?
(a) Fyedka and Chava are engaged.
(b) Fyedka has kidnapped Chava.
(c) Chava left home in the morning with Fyedka.
(d) Chava is missing and nobody can find her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Golde tells Tevye what she's learned about Chava, what does Tevye say?
2. As the villagers ask Tevye if he's seen the constable and then share with him rumors they've heard, the constable walks in and tells everyone what?
3. When Tevye reluctantly lets Hodel leave, he asks God to see that she ______________.
4. The villagers want to know if Tevye has seen the constable because they heard rumors about _______________.
5. While Yente talks with Golde about possible matches for her youngest daughters, several men come to the house and ask for ______________.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)