|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Perchik tries to reason with Hodel, who is very upset, he explains that what happened at her sister's wedding _____________.
(a) Is a sign of violence happening across the country.
(b) Meant absolutely nothing.
(c) Was a simple misunderstanding.
(d) Is a sign that the villagers have it in for him.
2. When Tevye comes in following Perchik's marriage proposal to Hodel, Perchik says he has bad news and good news. What is the bad news?
(a) He broke his arm.
(b) He's run out of money.
(c) His friends were caught stealing.
(d) He's leaving the next day.
3. What does Lazar give the newlyweds, Tzeitel and Motel?
(a) Two cows.
(b) A gold goblet.
(c) Five chickens.
(d) A silver platter.
4. As Tevye sits and talks to God after Tzeitel and Motel are married, what does he request?
(a) A grandchild.
(b) A sewing machine for Motel.
(c) A wife for Lazar.
(d) Peace in their village.
5. As Tevye pulls his cart, Golde finds him. She is distraught. What does she share with Tevye?
(a) Fyedka and Chava are engaged.
(b) Fyedka has kidnapped Chava.
(c) Chava left home in the morning with Fyedka.
(d) Chava is missing and nobody can find her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the matchmaker brings Golde a couple of teen boys for her youngest daughters, what does Golde say?
2. Who is sitting outside the railroad station, talking together?
3. As Yente and other women of the village gossip, the story keeps changing. By the end of their gossiping, everyone mistakenly thinks that who has been arrested?
4. Through Tevye's conversation with God, what do we learn about Tzeitel and Motel after their wedding?
5. At the end of the story, Yente says she will go where?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)