|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is everyone shocked when, at Tzeitel's wedding reception, Perchik asks Hodel to dance with him?
(a) It's against tradition for men and women to dance together.
(b) The matchmaker has found someone else for Hodel.
(c) The first dance is reserved for the parents of the couple.
(d) Perchik is much older than Hodel.
2. When Golde asks Yente which daughter gets which boy, what does the matchmaker reply?
(a) The girls can pick.
(b) The boys should decide.
(c) She hasn't decided that part yet.
(d) It makes no difference.
3. While everyone's gathered at Motel's shop admiring the new arrival, Golde talks with Tzeitel about what?
(a) Tzeitel's relationship with Motel.
(b) The baby.
(c) The responsibility of running a shop.
(d) Tzeitel's sisters.
4. Some time after Tzeitel and Motel's wedding, why is Hodel upset with Perchik?
(a) He's been rude and arrogant lately.
(b) She's afraid he loves someone else.
(c) He's talking about leaving the village.
(d) He dared ask her to dance with him.
5. Why is one of Tevye's daughters going to Siberia?
(a) Chava is running away to marry Fyedka.
(b) The youngest will be going to school there.
(c) Perchik has been arrested and Hodel wants to go help him.
(d) Tzeitel is going to ask for financial help from a relative there.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the villagers are gathered at his shop, why does Motel hold up two different pieces of cloth that have been sewn together?
2. What wedding gifts do Tevye and Golde give to the newly married couple, Tzeitel and Motel?
3. As Golde and Tevye prepare to leave their village, Golde is sad that Hodel and Perchik are not with them. Tevye tells her that ______________.
4. As Perchik tries to talk to Hodel, who is very unhappy with him, what does he say?
5. What does Lazar give the newlyweds, Tzeitel and Motel?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)