|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tevye comes in following Perchik's marriage proposal to Hodel, Perchik says he has bad news and good news. What is the good news?
(a) He got a job at the university.
(b) He has purchased grain and eggs for the family.
(c) He and Hodel are engaged.
(d) He inherited a vast fortune.
2. Golde tells Tevye that in her search for Chava, she went to talk to the priest. What did the priest tell her?
(a) Chava is pregnant and frightened.
(b) Chava and Fyedka were married.
(c) He didn't know anything.
(d) He swore he would not reveal Chava's whereabouts.
3. When Tevye comes in following Perchik's marriage proposal to Hodel, Perchik says he has bad news and good news. What is the bad news?
(a) He broke his arm.
(b) His friends were caught stealing.
(c) He's run out of money.
(d) He's leaving the next day.
4. As Tevye pulls his cart, Golde finds him. She is distraught. What does she share with Tevye?
(a) Chava left home in the morning with Fyedka.
(b) Fyedka and Chava are engaged.
(c) Chava is missing and nobody can find her.
(d) Fyedka has kidnapped Chava.
5. As the pair sits together at the railroad station ________________.
(a) Hodel and Tzeitel wish each other good luck in life.
(b) Hodel tells Tevye he doesn't have to wait with her.
(c) Tevye tells Motel to come back to Tzeitel soon.
(d) Tzeitel cries and asks why Motel must leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Yente hands Tzeitel a letter written by Perchik, Tzeitel notes that _______________.
2. What wedding gifts do Tevye and Golde give to the newly married couple, Tzeitel and Motel?
3. As Yente and other women of the village gossip, the story keeps changing. By the end of their gossiping, everyone mistakenly thinks that who has been arrested?
4. When Yente hands a letter to Tzeitel, what else does she say?
5. While Yente talks with Golde about possible matches for her youngest daughters, several men come to the house and ask for ______________.
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)