|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yente hands a letter to Tzeitel, what else does she say?
(a) She often spots Chava and Fyedka together.
(b) Tevye owes her money.
(c) Golde insulted her.
(d) Perchik will never return to Hodel.
2. Some time after Tzeitel and Motel's wedding, why is Hodel upset with Perchik?
(a) He's been rude and arrogant lately.
(b) He dared ask her to dance with him.
(c) He's talking about leaving the village.
(d) She's afraid he loves someone else.
3. When Chava tries to talk to Tevye about the feelings she and Fyedka have for each other, Tevye says it would make him happy if _______________.
(a) Fyedka left their village.
(b) She would let the matchmaker do her job.
(c) She followed her heart.
(d) They remained friends from a distance.
4. Fyedka comes to Motel's shop, picks up a shirt, and offers congratulations. When he leaves the shop, who discreetly follows Fyedka?
5. When Tevye comes in following Perchik's marriage proposal to Hodel, Perchik says he has bad news and good news. What is the good news?
(a) He and Hodel are engaged.
(b) He inherited a vast fortune.
(c) He has purchased grain and eggs for the family.
(d) He got a job at the university.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lazar give the newlyweds, Tzeitel and Motel?
2. When the wedding ceremony is over and the celebrating begins, what does Mordcha say when he asks for silence?
3. Why is one of Tevye's daughters going to Siberia?
4. Some time after the wedding and the ruckus created by Russian soldiers, Tevye sits outside his home, talking to God. What does he start out talking about?
5. As the pair sits together at the railroad station ________________.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)