|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Tevye's talk with Chava regarding Fyedka, the audience finds Tevye talking with God and pulling his cart. Why isn't his horse pulling it?
(a) The horse still has a bad leg.
(b) The blacksmith is putting new shoes on his horse.
(c) He figures his horse has worked more than enough that day.
(d) The horse has run off.
2. When everyone talks about big news, the audience is led to believe that Tzeitel and Motel _______________.
(a) Set up a flower stand.
(b) Received a fortune from a rich uncle.
(c) Have separated.
(d) Just had a baby.
3. As Yente and other women of the village gossip, the story keeps changing. By the end of their gossiping, everyone mistakenly thinks that who has been arrested?
4. At the end of the story, Yente says she will go where?
(b) South America.
(d) The Holy Land.
5. Before Perchik proposes to Hodel, he says that marriage must be founded on ______________.
(a) Mutual beliefs.
(b) Love and devotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chava tries to talk to Tevye about the feelings she and Fyedka have for each other, Tevye says it would make him happy if _______________.
2. When the wedding ceremony is over and the celebrating begins, what does Mordcha say when he asks for silence?
3. When the villagers are gathered at his shop, why does Motel hold up two different pieces of cloth that have been sewn together?
4. Right before everyone leaves the village, Chava and Fyedka stop by to explain that they also are leaving because ________________.
5. As Perchik tries to reason with Hodel, who is very upset, he explains that what happened at her sister's wedding _____________.
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)