|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Golde asks Yente which daughter gets which boy, what does the matchmaker reply?
(a) She hasn't decided that part yet.
(b) The girls can pick.
(c) The boys should decide.
(d) It makes no difference.
2. In the conversation Tevye holds with God some time after the wedding, he says that Tzeitel and Motel work very hard and are as poor as what?
(a) Squirrels in winter.
(b) Newborn kittens.
(c) Cows without grass.
(d) Birds without a nest.
3. In his conversation with God following the wedding, what else does Tevye mention to God as needing attention?
(a) His dilapidated barn.
(b) The roof of his house.
(c) His horse's leg.
(d) His cow's health.
4. From the letter Yente picks up and delivers to Tzeitel, everyone learns that Perchik ________________.
(a) Has become a professor.
(b) Is working as a spy.
(c) Will be gone for years.
(d) Has been arrested.
5. Where is Lazar Wolf going at the end of the story?
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tevye comes in following Perchik's marriage proposal to Hodel, Perchik says he has bad news and good news. What is the bad news?
2. When Chava begs Tevye to accept her marriage with Fyedka, what does Tevye do?
3. Fyedka comes to Motel's shop, picks up a shirt, and offers congratulations. When he leaves the shop, who discreetly follows Fyedka?
4. What wedding gifts do Tevye and Golde give to the newly married couple, Tzeitel and Motel?
5. Why is everyone shocked when, at Tzeitel's wedding reception, Perchik asks Hodel to dance with him?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)