|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Perchik proposes to Hodel, he says that marriage must be founded on ______________.
(b) Mutual beliefs.
(c) Love and devotion.
2. After Tevye's talk with Chava regarding Fyedka, the audience finds Tevye talking with God and pulling his cart. Why isn't his horse pulling it?
(a) The horse has run off.
(b) The blacksmith is putting new shoes on his horse.
(c) He figures his horse has worked more than enough that day.
(d) The horse still has a bad leg.
3. Villagers are asking the rabbi and each other about the big news, which is about a new _______________.
4. Hodel tells Tevye that Perchik is in trouble but through no fault of his own. When Tevye expresses doubt, Hodel reminds him about the stories of _____________.
(a) Jacob and Rachel.
(b) Abraham and Moses.
(c) Daniel and the lion's den.
(d) David and Bathsheba.
5. As the pair sits together at the railroad station ________________.
(a) Hodel and Tzeitel wish each other good luck in life.
(b) Hodel tells Tevye he doesn't have to wait with her.
(c) Tevye tells Motel to come back to Tzeitel soon.
(d) Tzeitel cries and asks why Motel must leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Golde tells Tevye that in her search for Chava, she went to talk to the priest. What did the priest tell her?
2. The boys that the matchmaker brings Golde for her youngest daughters _______________.
3. While everyone's gathered at Motel's shop admiring the new arrival, Golde talks with Tzeitel about what?
4. When Yente hands Tzeitel a letter written by Perchik, Tzeitel notes that _______________.
5. Fyedka comes to Motel's shop, picks up a shirt, and offers congratulations. When he leaves the shop, who discreetly follows Fyedka?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)