|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is one of Tevye's daughters going to Siberia?
(a) Chava is running away to marry Fyedka.
(b) Tzeitel is going to ask for financial help from a relative there.
(c) The youngest will be going to school there.
(d) Perchik has been arrested and Hodel wants to go help him.
2. In the final scene, where does Motel say he, Tzeitel, and the baby will be going to?
(a) New York City.
3. Who helps the elderly rabbi to the table?
4. As Perchik tries to talk to Hodel, who is very unhappy with him, what does he say?
(a) He didn't mean to fall in love with someone else.
(b) He can't stand living in the village any longer.
(c) He's leaving for Kiev the next morning.
(d) Their dance was innocent and nobody minded it.
5. When Golde asks Yente which daughter gets which boy, what does the matchmaker reply?
(a) The girls can pick.
(b) She hasn't decided that part yet.
(c) The boys should decide.
(d) It makes no difference.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his conversation with God following the wedding, what else does Tevye mention to God as needing attention?
2. After Tevye's talk with Chava regarding Fyedka, the audience finds Tevye talking with God and pulling his cart. Why isn't his horse pulling it?
3. As Tevye pulls his cart, Golde finds him. She is distraught. What does she share with Tevye?
4. Inside Motel's shop, the villagers are gathered to see ______________.
5. When Shandel crosses the stage in a rush and a woman asks her where she's running, Shandel replies ________________.
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)