|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Perchik tries to talk to Hodel, who is very unhappy with him, what does he say?
(a) He can't stand living in the village any longer.
(b) He's leaving for Kiev the next morning.
(c) He didn't mean to fall in love with someone else.
(d) Their dance was innocent and nobody minded it.
2. After Tevye's talk with Chava regarding Fyedka, the audience finds Tevye talking with God and pulling his cart. Why isn't his horse pulling it?
(a) The horse still has a bad leg.
(b) He figures his horse has worked more than enough that day.
(c) The horse has run off.
(d) The blacksmith is putting new shoes on his horse.
3. Some time after Tzeitel and Motel's wedding, why is Hodel upset with Perchik?
(a) He's talking about leaving the village.
(b) He dared ask her to dance with him.
(c) He's been rude and arrogant lately.
(d) She's afraid he loves someone else.
4. As the villagers ask Tevye if he's seen the constable and then share with him rumors they've heard, the constable walks in and tells everyone what?
(a) They need to leave their village in three days.
(b) He will have to arrest them if they don't go home.
(c) He's looking for more men to join the Russian army.
(d) The Tsar will be stopping by that evening.
5. When Tevye comes in following Perchik's marriage proposal to Hodel, Perchik says he has bad news and good news. What is the good news?
(a) He and Hodel are engaged.
(b) He got a job at the university.
(c) He inherited a vast fortune.
(d) He has purchased grain and eggs for the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Perchik proposes to Hodel, he says that marriage must be founded on ______________.
2. When the villagers hear and share that there is big news in their village, they rush over to __________________.
3. The boys that the matchmaker brings Golde for her youngest daughters _______________.
4. Why is everyone shocked when, at Tzeitel's wedding reception, Perchik asks Hodel to dance with him?
5. When Shandel crosses the stage in a rush and a woman asks her where she's running, Shandel replies ________________.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)