|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chava begs Tevye to accept her marriage with Fyedka, what does Tevye do?
(a) He sits down and listens patiently.
(b) He yells and refuses to talk to her.
(c) He covers his ears and runs away.
(d) He hugs her and tells her it's all right.
2. When everyone talks about big news, the audience is led to believe that Tzeitel and Motel _______________.
(a) Set up a flower stand.
(b) Just had a baby.
(c) Have separated.
(d) Received a fortune from a rich uncle.
3. As Perchik tries to talk to Hodel, who is very unhappy with him, what does he say?
(a) Their dance was innocent and nobody minded it.
(b) He's leaving for Kiev the next morning.
(c) He can't stand living in the village any longer.
(d) He didn't mean to fall in love with someone else.
4. After Golde tells Tevye what she's learned about Chava, what does Tevye say?
(a) He tells Golde that he will round up a search party immediately.
(b) He screams that he's going to find Fyedka and kill him.
(c) He asks Golde to pray with him.
(d) He tells Golde to go home because they have other children at home.
5. Some time after Perchik leaves the village, Yente comes by with a letter she picked up at the post office. It's from Perchik, and it's for ______________.
(c) The rabbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wedding gifts do Tevye and Golde give to the newly married couple, Tzeitel and Motel?
2. When the wedding ceremony is over and the celebrating begins, what does Mordcha say when he asks for silence?
3. Long after Tzeitel's wedding, upon hearing of big news, the villagers trade _______________.
4. As Yente and other women of the village gossip, the story keeps changing. By the end of their gossiping, everyone mistakenly thinks that who has been arrested?
5. What does Lazar give the newlyweds, Tzeitel and Motel?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)