|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite Golde's protests, what does Tevye decide about Chava?
(a) She's too stubborn to reason with.
(b) She's better off with Fyedka.
(c) She is dead to them now.
(d) There is nothing he can do to convince her to come home.
2. Before Perchik proposes to Hodel, he says that marriage must be founded on ______________.
(b) Love and devotion.
(d) Mutual beliefs.
3. At the end of the story, Yente says she will go where?
(b) The Holy Land.
(c) South America.
4. Through Tevye's conversation with God, what do we learn about Tzeitel and Motel after their wedding?
(a) Lazar won't leave them alone.
(b) They're happy despite living in poverty.
(c) They're having trouble in their marriage.
(d) They're desperately struggling to get by.
5. What wedding gifts do Tevye and Golde give to the newly married couple, Tzeitel and Motel?
(a) Towels and scented soaps.
(b) Kitchen table, plates, and mugs.
(c) Featherbed, goose pillows, and candlesticks.
(d) Sewing machine and yards of cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the villagers hear and share that there is big news in their village, they rush over to __________________.
2. Fyedka comes to Motel's shop, picks up a shirt, and offers congratulations. When he leaves the shop, who discreetly follows Fyedka?
3. As the villagers ask Tevye if he's seen the constable and then share with him rumors they've heard, the constable walks in and tells everyone what?
4. Villagers are asking the rabbi and each other about the big news, which is about a new _______________.
5. Why is everyone shocked when, at Tzeitel's wedding reception, Perchik asks Hodel to dance with him?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)