|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the pair sits together at the railroad station ________________.
(a) Tevye tells Motel to come back to Tzeitel soon.
(b) Hodel and Tzeitel wish each other good luck in life.
(c) Hodel tells Tevye he doesn't have to wait with her.
(d) Tzeitel cries and asks why Motel must leave.
2. As Golde and Tevye prepare to leave their village, Golde is sad that Hodel and Perchik are not with them. Tevye tells her that ______________.
(a) The two are on a boat headed to America.
(b) Perchik works at the university and Hodel is raising their child.
(c) They are busy raising a family of their own.
(d) Perchik sits in prison and Hodel works.
3. From the letter Yente picks up and delivers to Tzeitel, everyone learns that Perchik ________________.
(a) Is working as a spy.
(b) Will be gone for years.
(c) Has been arrested.
(d) Has become a professor.
4. Some time after the wedding and the ruckus created by Russian soldiers, Tevye sits outside his home, talking to God. What does he start out talking about?
(a) His blessings.
(b) His anger at the Russians.
(c) His anger at his daughters.
(d) His troubles.
5. What wedding gifts do Tevye and Golde give to the newly married couple, Tzeitel and Motel?
(a) Kitchen table, plates, and mugs.
(b) Sewing machine and yards of cloth.
(c) Featherbed, goose pillows, and candlesticks.
(d) Towels and scented soaps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Villagers are asking the rabbi and each other about the big news, which is about a new _______________.
2. When the matchmaker brings Golde a couple of teen boys for her youngest daughters, what does Golde say?
3. In his conversation with God following the wedding, what else does Tevye mention to God as needing attention?
4. When the rabbi arrives at Motel's shop where practically the entire village is gathered, everyone asks him if there is a blessing for what?
5. When Chava tries to talk to Tevye about the feelings she and Fyedka have for each other, Tevye says it would make him happy if _______________.
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)