|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Golde asks Yente which daughter gets which boy, what does the matchmaker reply?
(a) The boys should decide.
(b) It makes no difference.
(c) She hasn't decided that part yet.
(d) The girls can pick.
2. Where is Lazar Wolf going at the end of the story?
(a) New York City.
3. As Yente and other women of the village gossip, the story keeps changing. By the end of their gossiping, everyone mistakenly thinks that who has been arrested?
4. When Hodel prepares to marry Perchik, Tevye worries that there will be no one to perform a proper marriage. Hodel assures him that _______________.
(a) They'll marry under a canopy, according to tradition.
(b) Perchik has everything already arranged.
(c) They'll invite him to the wedding.
(d) They'll find the best rabbi in town.
5. What wedding gifts do Tevye and Golde give to the newly married couple, Tzeitel and Motel?
(a) Kitchen table, plates, and mugs.
(b) Towels and scented soaps.
(c) Sewing machine and yards of cloth.
(d) Featherbed, goose pillows, and candlesticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Shandel crosses the stage in a rush and a woman asks her where she's running, Shandel replies ________________.
2. After Golde tells Tevye what she's learned about Chava, what does Tevye say?
3. When everyone talks about big news, the audience is led to believe that Tzeitel and Motel _______________.
4. Before Perchik proposes to Hodel, he says that marriage must be founded on ______________.
5. Some time after Tzeitel and Motel's wedding, why is Hodel upset with Perchik?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)