|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fyedka comes to Motel's shop, picks up a shirt, and offers congratulations. When he leaves the shop, who discreetly follows Fyedka?
2. Hodel tells Tevye that Perchik is in trouble but through no fault of his own. When Tevye expresses doubt, Hodel reminds him about the stories of _____________.
(a) Daniel and the lion's den.
(b) Jacob and Rachel.
(c) Abraham and Moses.
(d) David and Bathsheba.
3. As the pair sits together at the railroad station ________________.
(a) Tzeitel cries and asks why Motel must leave.
(b) Hodel and Tzeitel wish each other good luck in life.
(c) Tevye tells Motel to come back to Tzeitel soon.
(d) Hodel tells Tevye he doesn't have to wait with her.
4. As the villagers ask Tevye if he's seen the constable and then share with him rumors they've heard, the constable walks in and tells everyone what?
(a) The Tsar will be stopping by that evening.
(b) He's looking for more men to join the Russian army.
(c) He will have to arrest them if they don't go home.
(d) They need to leave their village in three days.
5. Long after Tzeitel's wedding, someone asks the rabbi if he's heard the news. The rabbi asks if it's more bad news, and the reply is ______________.
(a) No, good news.
(b) It depends on how you look at it.
(c) Yes, terrible news.
(d) It's not the best, but I've heard worse.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Golde asks Yente which daughter gets which boy, what does the matchmaker reply?
2. Even though Tevye and Golde are leaving their home forever, why is Golde sweeping the floor?
3. After the wedding, Tevye speaks to God and starts to say, "As the Good Book says ..." but then stops himself. What does he say right afterward?
4. When Shandel crosses the stage in a rush and a woman asks her where she's running, Shandel replies ________________.
5. Inside Motel's shop, the villagers are gathered to see ______________.
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)