|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lazar give the newlyweds, Tzeitel and Motel?
(a) Two cows.
(b) A silver platter.
(c) Five chickens.
(d) A gold goblet.
2. Who is sitting outside the railroad station, talking together?
(a) Motel and Tzeitel.
(b) Hodel and Tevye.
(c) Hodel and Tzeitel.
(d) Tevye and Motel.
3. When the villagers are gathered at his shop, why does Motel hold up two different pieces of cloth that have been sewn together?
(a) To show the new dress he's making for Tzeitel.
(b) To show that he's tried out the newly arrived sewing machine.
(c) It's the beginning of the blanket he's sewing for his baby.
(d) So everyone can see the start of the banner for the new flower shop.
4. Long after Tzeitel's wedding, someone asks the rabbi if he's heard the news. The rabbi asks if it's more bad news, and the reply is ______________.
(a) It's not the best, but I've heard worse.
(b) It depends on how you look at it.
(c) Yes, terrible news.
(d) No, good news.
5. At the end of the story, Yente says she will go where?
(a) South America.
(b) The Holy Land.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the wedding ceremony is over and the celebrating begins, what does Mordcha say when he asks for silence?
2. Who helps the elderly rabbi to the table?
3. As the villagers ask Tevye if he's seen the constable and then share with him rumors they've heard, the constable walks in and tells everyone what?
4. From the letter Yente picks up and delivers to Tzeitel, everyone learns that Perchik ________________.
5. When Tevye comes in following Perchik's marriage proposal to Hodel, Perchik says he has bad news and good news. What is the good news?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)