|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Long after Tzeitel's wedding, someone asks the rabbi if he's heard the news. The rabbi asks if it's more bad news, and the reply is ______________.
(a) It depends on how you look at it.
(b) Yes, terrible news.
(c) It's not the best, but I've heard worse.
(d) No, good news.
2. Long after Tzeitel's wedding, upon hearing of big news, the villagers trade _______________.
3. The villagers want to know if Tevye has seen the constable because they heard rumors about _______________.
(a) An increase in their taxes.
(b) An edict in St. Petersburg.
(c) Soldiers marching to their village.
(d) The death of the Tsar.
4. Before Perchik proposes to Hodel, he says that marriage must be founded on ______________.
(a) Love and devotion.
(c) Mutual beliefs.
5. From the letter Yente picks up and delivers to Tzeitel, everyone learns that Perchik ________________.
(a) Will be gone for years.
(b) Has become a professor.
(c) Is working as a spy.
(d) Has been arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Villagers are asking the rabbi and each other about the big news, which is about a new _______________.
2. What wedding gifts do Tevye and Golde give to the newly married couple, Tzeitel and Motel?
3. When Shandel crosses the stage in a rush and a woman asks her where she's running, Shandel replies ________________.
4. When the matchmaker brings Golde a couple of teen boys for her youngest daughters, what does Golde say?
5. As Tevye pulls his cart, Golde finds him. She is distraught. What does she share with Tevye?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)