|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the rabbi arrives at Motel's shop where practically the entire village is gathered, everyone asks him if there is a blessing for what?
(a) A flower shop.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A colorful baby blanket.
(d) A sewing machine.
2. As Golde and Tevye prepare to leave their village, Golde is sad that Hodel and Perchik are not with them. Tevye tells her that ______________.
(a) The two are on a boat headed to America.
(b) Perchik sits in prison and Hodel works.
(c) They are busy raising a family of their own.
(d) Perchik works at the university and Hodel is raising their child.
3. Some time after Tzeitel and Motel's wedding, why is Hodel upset with Perchik?
(a) She's afraid he loves someone else.
(b) He dared ask her to dance with him.
(c) He's been rude and arrogant lately.
(d) He's talking about leaving the village.
4. Hodel tells Tevye that Perchik is in trouble but through no fault of his own. When Tevye expresses doubt, Hodel reminds him about the stories of _____________.
(a) Jacob and Rachel.
(b) Abraham and Moses.
(c) David and Bathsheba.
(d) Daniel and the lion's den.
5. Fyedka comes to Motel's shop, picks up a shirt, and offers congratulations. When he leaves the shop, who discreetly follows Fyedka?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Yente hands a letter to Tzeitel, what else does she say?
2. When the villagers are gathered at his shop, why does Motel hold up two different pieces of cloth that have been sewn together?
3. When Shandel crosses the stage in a rush and a woman asks her where she's running, Shandel replies ________________.
4. As Perchik tries to talk to Hodel, who is very unhappy with him, what does he say?
5. Why is one of Tevye's daughters going to Siberia?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)