|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the wedding ceremony is over and the celebrating begins, what does Mordcha say when he asks for silence?
(a) Asks people to not get too loud.
(b) Invites everyone to dance.
(c) Tells everyone drinks are on the house.
(d) Blesses the couple.
2. When Tevye reluctantly lets Hodel leave, he asks God to see that she ______________.
(a) Comes back soon.
(b) Doesn't starve.
(c) Doesn't make a mistake.
(d) Dresses warm.
3. Who is sitting outside the railroad station, talking together?
(a) Hodel and Tzeitel.
(b) Tevye and Motel.
(c) Motel and Tzeitel.
(d) Hodel and Tevye.
4. When the rabbi arrives at Motel's shop where practically the entire village is gathered, everyone asks him if there is a blessing for what?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A sewing machine.
(c) A flower shop.
(d) A colorful baby blanket.
5. Why is everyone shocked when, at Tzeitel's wedding reception, Perchik asks Hodel to dance with him?
(a) The first dance is reserved for the parents of the couple.
(b) The matchmaker has found someone else for Hodel.
(c) Perchik is much older than Hodel.
(d) It's against tradition for men and women to dance together.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Yente hands a letter to Tzeitel, what else does she say?
2. Even though Tevye and Golde are leaving their home forever, why is Golde sweeping the floor?
3. After Golde tells Tevye what she's learned about Chava, what does Tevye say?
4. What wedding gifts do Tevye and Golde give to the newly married couple, Tzeitel and Motel?
5. Long after Tzeitel's wedding, someone asks the rabbi if he's heard the news. The rabbi asks if it's more bad news, and the reply is ______________.
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)