|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chava begs Tevye to accept her marriage with Fyedka, what does Tevye do?
(a) He covers his ears and runs away.
(b) He yells and refuses to talk to her.
(c) He sits down and listens patiently.
(d) He hugs her and tells her it's all right.
2. After the wedding, Tevye speaks to God and starts to say, "As the Good Book says ..." but then stops himself. What does he say right afterward?
(a) Ah, you already know what is written in the Good Book.
(b) Forgive me, I wasn't thinking.
(c) Oops, I forgot who I was talking to.
(d) Why should I tell you what the Good Book says?
3. As Tevye sits and talks to God after Tzeitel and Motel are married, what does he request?
(a) A sewing machine for Motel.
(b) A grandchild.
(c) A wife for Lazar.
(d) Peace in their village.
4. Who helps the elderly rabbi to the table?
5. When Tevye comes in following Perchik's marriage proposal to Hodel, Perchik says he has bad news and good news. What is the bad news?
(a) He's leaving the next day.
(b) He's run out of money.
(c) He broke his arm.
(d) His friends were caught stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Perchik tries to reason with Hodel, who is very upset, he explains that what happened at her sister's wedding _____________.
2. As Yente and other women of the village gossip, the story keeps changing. By the end of their gossiping, everyone mistakenly thinks that who has been arrested?
3. Through Tevye's conversation with God, what do we learn about Tzeitel and Motel after their wedding?
4. When the matchmaker brings Golde a couple of teen boys for her youngest daughters, what does Golde say?
5. When gossip started by Yente spreads like wildfire, changing along the way, the village blames the supposed woes befalling Tevye's family upon _____________.
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)