|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the conversation Tevye holds with God some time after the wedding, he says that Tzeitel and Motel work very hard and are as poor as what?
(a) Birds without a nest.
(b) Cows without grass.
(c) Newborn kittens.
(d) Squirrels in winter.
2. Who helps the elderly rabbi to the table?
3. After the wedding, Tevye speaks to God and starts to say, "As the Good Book says ..." but then stops himself. What does he say right afterward?
(a) Oops, I forgot who I was talking to.
(b) Ah, you already know what is written in the Good Book.
(c) Why should I tell you what the Good Book says?
(d) Forgive me, I wasn't thinking.
4. When Yente hands Tzeitel a letter written by Perchik, Tzeitel notes that _______________.
(a) The letter has already been opened.
(b) Everyone was worried that Perchik was dead.
(c) Perchik has been harmed.
(d) The letter is unfinished.
5. Hodel tells Tevye that Perchik is in trouble but through no fault of his own. When Tevye expresses doubt, Hodel reminds him about the stories of _____________.
(a) David and Bathsheba.
(b) Daniel and the lion's den.
(c) Jacob and Rachel.
(d) Abraham and Moses.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the wedding ceremony is over and the celebrating begins, what does Mordcha say when he asks for silence?
2. From the letter Yente picks up and delivers to Tzeitel, everyone learns that Perchik ________________.
3. When the villagers are gathered at his shop, why does Motel hold up two different pieces of cloth that have been sewn together?
4. As Tevye pulls his cart, Golde finds him. She is distraught. What does she share with Tevye?
5. At the end of the story, Yente says she will go where?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)