|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Right before everyone leaves the village, Chava and Fyedka stop by to explain that they also are leaving because ________________.
(a) Feelings are stronger than principle.
(b) Family always sticks together.
(c) They can't live among people who would do this to others.
(d) They are not wanted in their neighborhood.
2. After Golde tells Tevye what she's learned about Chava, what does Tevye say?
(a) He tells Golde that he will round up a search party immediately.
(b) He asks Golde to pray with him.
(c) He tells Golde to go home because they have other children at home.
(d) He screams that he's going to find Fyedka and kill him.
3. As Tevye sits and talks to God after Tzeitel and Motel are married, what does he request?
(a) A wife for Lazar.
(b) A grandchild.
(c) Peace in their village.
(d) A sewing machine for Motel.
4. When Yente hands Tzeitel a letter written by Perchik, Tzeitel notes that _______________.
(a) The letter has already been opened.
(b) The letter is unfinished.
(c) Perchik has been harmed.
(d) Everyone was worried that Perchik was dead.
5. When the wedding ceremony is over and the celebrating begins, what does Mordcha say when he asks for silence?
(a) Asks people to not get too loud.
(b) Invites everyone to dance.
(c) Tells everyone drinks are on the house.
(d) Blesses the couple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hodel tells Tevye that Perchik is in trouble but through no fault of his own. When Tevye expresses doubt, Hodel reminds him about the stories of _____________.
2. From the letter Yente picks up and delivers to Tzeitel, everyone learns that Perchik ________________.
3. Despite Golde's protests, what does Tevye decide about Chava?
4. What does Lazar give the newlyweds, Tzeitel and Motel?
5. When Tevye reluctantly lets Hodel leave, he asks God to see that she ______________.
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)