|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the villagers ask Tevye if he's seen the constable and then share with him rumors they've heard, the constable walks in and tells everyone what?
(a) The Tsar will be stopping by that evening.
(b) They need to leave their village in three days.
(c) He's looking for more men to join the Russian army.
(d) He will have to arrest them if they don't go home.
2. Despite Golde's protests, what does Tevye decide about Chava?
(a) She is dead to them now.
(b) She's too stubborn to reason with.
(c) There is nothing he can do to convince her to come home.
(d) She's better off with Fyedka.
3. What does Lazar say when he first stands up to talk at Tzeitel and Motel's wedding celebration?
(a) Her never stood a chance.
(b) He has no ill feelings.
(c) He'll get over his heartbreak eventually.
(d) Motel better watch out.
4. Right before everyone leaves the village, Chava and Fyedka stop by to explain that they also are leaving because ________________.
(a) They are not wanted in their neighborhood.
(b) Family always sticks together.
(c) They can't live among people who would do this to others.
(d) Feelings are stronger than principle.
5. Golde tells Tevye that in her search for Chava, she went to talk to the priest. What did the priest tell her?
(a) He swore he would not reveal Chava's whereabouts.
(b) He didn't know anything.
(c) Chava and Fyedka were married.
(d) Chava is pregnant and frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Yente and other women of the village gossip, the story keeps changing. By the end of their gossiping, everyone mistakenly thinks that who has been arrested?
2. When Chava begs Tevye to accept her marriage with Fyedka, what does Tevye do?
3. When Yente hands a letter to Tzeitel, what else does she say?
4. Some time after Perchik leaves the village, Yente comes by with a letter she picked up at the post office. It's from Perchik, and it's for ______________.
5. Who helps the elderly rabbi to the table?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)