Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is everyone shocked when, at Tzeitel's wedding reception, Perchik asks Hodel to dance with him?
(a) The first dance is reserved for the parents of the couple.
(b) Perchik is much older than Hodel.
(c) The matchmaker has found someone else for Hodel.
(d) It's against tradition for men and women to dance together.
2. In his conversation with God following the wedding, what else does Tevye mention to God as needing attention?
(a) His cow's health.
(b) His dilapidated barn.
(c) His horse's leg.
(d) The roof of his house.
3. Some time after Perchik leaves the village, Yente comes by with a letter she picked up at the post office. It's from Perchik, and it's for ______________.
(d) The rabbi.
4. What does Lazar give the newlyweds, Tzeitel and Motel?
(a) A gold goblet.
(b) Two cows.
(c) Five chickens.
(d) A silver platter.
5. While everyone's gathered at Motel's shop admiring the new arrival, Golde talks with Tzeitel about what?
(a) Tzeitel's relationship with Motel.
(b) The responsibility of running a shop.
(c) Tzeitel's sisters.
(d) The baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the pair sits together at the railroad station ________________.
2. As Tevye pulls his cart, Golde finds him. She is distraught. What does she share with Tevye?
3. Some time after the wedding and the ruckus created by Russian soldiers, Tevye sits outside his home, talking to God. What does he start out talking about?
4. When the rabbi arrives at Motel's shop where practically the entire village is gathered, everyone asks him if there is a blessing for what?
5. While Yente talks with Golde about possible matches for her youngest daughters, several men come to the house and ask for ______________.
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)