|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Long after Tzeitel's wedding, upon hearing of big news, the villagers trade _______________.
2. At the end of the story, Yente says she will go where?
(c) South America.
(d) The Holy Land.
3. When gossip started by Yente spreads like wildfire, changing along the way, the village blames the supposed woes befalling Tevye's family upon _____________.
(a) The fact that everyone danced together at the wedding.
(b) Tzeitel refusing to accept the match with Lazar.
(c) Tevye's daughters growing in independence.
(d) The growing revolution.
4. As Perchik tries to talk to Hodel, who is very unhappy with him, what does he say?
(a) He didn't mean to fall in love with someone else.
(b) He's leaving for Kiev the next morning.
(c) He can't stand living in the village any longer.
(d) Their dance was innocent and nobody minded it.
5. When Tevye comes in following Perchik's marriage proposal to Hodel, Perchik says he has bad news and good news. What is the bad news?
(a) He's run out of money.
(b) He's leaving the next day.
(c) He broke his arm.
(d) His friends were caught stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the villagers ask Tevye if he's seen the constable and then share with him rumors they've heard, the constable walks in and tells everyone what?
2. Long after Tzeitel's wedding, someone asks the rabbi if he's heard the news. The rabbi asks if it's more bad news, and the reply is ______________.
3. Inside Motel's shop, the villagers are gathered to see ______________.
4. When Shandel crosses the stage in a rush and a woman asks her where she's running, Shandel replies ________________.
5. In the final scene, where does Motel say he, Tzeitel, and the baby will be going to?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)