|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yente hands a letter to Tzeitel, what else does she say?
(a) Golde insulted her.
(b) Perchik will never return to Hodel.
(c) Tevye owes her money.
(d) She often spots Chava and Fyedka together.
2. Fyedka comes to Motel's shop, picks up a shirt, and offers congratulations. When he leaves the shop, who discreetly follows Fyedka?
3. When Yente hands Tzeitel a letter written by Perchik, Tzeitel notes that _______________.
(a) Perchik has been harmed.
(b) The letter is unfinished.
(c) Everyone was worried that Perchik was dead.
(d) The letter has already been opened.
4. When Hodel prepares to marry Perchik, Tevye worries that there will be no one to perform a proper marriage. Hodel assures him that _______________.
(a) They'll marry under a canopy, according to tradition.
(b) Perchik has everything already arranged.
(c) They'll find the best rabbi in town.
(d) They'll invite him to the wedding.
5. When Golde asks Yente which daughter gets which boy, what does the matchmaker reply?
(a) The girls can pick.
(b) She hasn't decided that part yet.
(c) The boys should decide.
(d) It makes no difference.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the matchmaker brings Golde a couple of teen boys for her youngest daughters, what does Golde say?
2. Golde tells Tevye that in her search for Chava, she went to talk to the priest. What did the priest tell her?
3. Inside Motel's shop, the villagers are gathered to see ______________.
4. The boys that the matchmaker brings Golde for her youngest daughters _______________.
5. Some time after Tzeitel and Motel's wedding, why is Hodel upset with Perchik?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)