|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As guests enter during the wedding scene, what do they do?
(a) Yell "Mazeltov."
(b) Kneel and pray.
(c) Light candles.
(d) Drop rose petals.
2. When the constable leaves after his private conversation with Tevye, what does Tevye ask God?
(a) Why he got such news that day, of all days.
(b) Why the Russians won't leave them alone.
(c) Where he should take his family to live in peace.
(d) Why he can never win.
3. As the wedding ceremony progresses, the women of the village sing, "One season following another, Laden with ...:"
(a) Daily doses of elation.
(b) Trouble and toil.
(c) Happiness and tears.
(d) Laughter and fighting.
4. What does Golde tell Tevye about Lazar Wolf as Tevye tries to pray?
(a) He will stop by soon.
(b) He wants to marry one of their daughters.
(c) He wants to talk to him.
(d) He would be a good match for one of their daughters.
5. What kind of shop does Motel own?
(a) Tailor shop.
(b) Barber shop.
(c) Flower stand.
(d) Fruit stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. The village matchmaker, who has been a widow for a long time, claims that a bad husband:
2. When Tevye tells Golde that Grandmother Tzeitel appeared in his dream, what does Golde ask?
3. Before coming to the village, Perchik was a university student where?
4. Motel and Tzeitel have been friends since:
5. When Golde asks Tevye where his horse is, what does Tevye reply?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Tevye gives Lazar permission to marry his daughter?
2. List some of the rumors Yente spreads after reading the letter Perchik sent Hodel.
3. How does Tevye respond to the news the constable gives him right after he agrees to Lazar marrying Tzeitel?
4. Two months after Tzeitel and Motel's wedding, Tevye sits on a bench outside his home talking to God. What does he say about Tzeitel and Motel?
5. Why is Motel reluctant to talk with Tevye about his love for Tzeitel?
6. How are things made somewhat right with Chava in the end?
7. Why is everyone taken aback when Perchik asks Hodel to dance at the wedding reception?
8. How do Tevye and Lazar react once they realize they've been talking about two completely different matters?
9. Why does Tevye not approve of Chava having a relationship with Fyedka?
10. As Perchik and Hodel watch the wedding of Tzeitel and Motel unfold, what do they wonder aloud?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)