|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Tevye thanks the constable for the privileged information, what else does he say?
(a) The constable is a good man and it's too bad he's not a Jew.
(b) The Jews will not cause any trouble.
(c) It's too bad the Russians and the Jews can't see eye to eye.
(d) He would appreciate it if the Russians didn't give them any trouble.
2. When Tevye finds himself alone with the constable, what does the constable tell him?
(a) There will be a small demonstration in the village.
(b) The Tsar is watching them carefully.
(c) They should not make too much noise at the wedding.
(d) He will not arrest him for being drunk.
3. Hearing the news of the upcoming marriage, Russians who were sitting and drinking nearby bestow the following words upon Lazar and Tevye:
(a) Be well and merry.
(b) Heaven bless you both.
(c) Enjoy everything.
(d) Live long and prosper.
4. What is Motel's job?
5. What news does the matchmaker deliver to Golde and her daughters regarding the butcher, Lazar Wolf?
(a) He has been imprisoned.
(b) His son is interested in Tzeitel.
(c) He's interested in Tzeitel.
(d) He has a gift for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fruma Sarah to Lazar Wolf?
2. When one of her daughters reminds Golde that Tevye works hard, what does Golde say?
3. Who is listening in as Perchik teaches Shprintze and Bielke?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of Tevye's daughters?
5. When the townspeople Mordcha and Mendel complain toTevye that he forgot their orders for the Sabbath, what does he reply?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the wedding ceremony takes place, what do Tevye and Golde sing about?
2. What happens after Tevye gives Lazar permission to marry his daughter?
3. What is the mood at Tevye and Golde's house as everyone prepares for the Sabbath?
4. Why is Motel reluctant to talk with Tevye about his love for Tzeitel?
5. How do Tevye and Lazar react once they realize they've been talking about two completely different matters?
6. How does Golde initially respond to what her departed grandmother, Grandma Tzeitel, reveals to Tevye in his dream?
7. How does the wedding ceremony end?
8. How does Tevye respond to the information that Chava married Fyedka?
9. How does Tevye react to Golde telling him that Lazar Wolf wants to talk to him?
10. When Motel stops by asking for Tzeitel as Golde and the matchmaker converse, why does the matchmaker become suspicious?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)