Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is everyone shocked when, at Tzeitel's wedding reception, Perchik asks Hodel to dance with him?
(a) The first dance is reserved for the parents of the couple.
(b) Perchik is much older than Hodel.
(c) The matchmaker has found someone else for Hodel.
(d) It's against tradition for men and women to dance together.
2. In his conversation with God following the wedding, what else does Tevye mention to God as needing attention?
(a) His cow's health.
(b) His dilapidated barn.
(c) His horse's leg.
(d) The roof of his house.
3. Some time after Perchik leaves the village, Yente comes by with a letter she picked up at the post office. It's from Perchik, and it's for ______________.
(d) The rabbi.
4. What does Lazar give the newlyweds, Tzeitel and Motel?
(a) A gold goblet.
(b) Two cows.
(c) Five chickens.
(d) A silver platter.
5. While everyone's gathered at Motel's shop admiring the new arrival, Golde talks with Tzeitel about what?
(a) Tzeitel's relationship with Motel.
(b) The responsibility of running a shop.
(c) Tzeitel's sisters.
(d) The baby.
6. As the pair sits together at the railroad station ________________.
(a) Hodel and Tzeitel wish each other good luck in life.
(b) Tzeitel cries and asks why Motel must leave.
(c) Hodel tells Tevye he doesn't have to wait with her.
(d) Tevye tells Motel to come back to Tzeitel soon.
7. As Tevye pulls his cart, Golde finds him. She is distraught. What does she share with Tevye?
(a) Fyedka has kidnapped Chava.
(b) Chava is missing and nobody can find her.
(c) Fyedka and Chava are engaged.
(d) Chava left home in the morning with Fyedka.
8. Some time after the wedding and the ruckus created by Russian soldiers, Tevye sits outside his home, talking to God. What does he start out talking about?
(a) His anger at his daughters.
(b) His blessings.
(c) His troubles.
(d) His anger at the Russians.
9. When the rabbi arrives at Motel's shop where practically the entire village is gathered, everyone asks him if there is a blessing for what?
(a) A colorful baby blanket.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A sewing machine.
(d) A flower shop.
10. While Yente talks with Golde about possible matches for her youngest daughters, several men come to the house and ask for ______________.
11. As Golde and Tevye prepare to leave their village, Golde is sad that Hodel and Perchik are not with them. Tevye tells her that ______________.
(a) Perchik works at the university and Hodel is raising their child.
(b) They are busy raising a family of their own.
(c) Perchik sits in prison and Hodel works.
(d) The two are on a boat headed to America.
12. From the letter Yente picks up and delivers to Tzeitel, everyone learns that Perchik ________________.
(a) Will be gone for years.
(b) Has become a professor.
(c) Is working as a spy.
(d) Has been arrested.
13. As Tevye sits and talks to God after Tzeitel and Motel are married, what does he request?
(a) A grandchild.
(b) A wife for Lazar.
(c) A sewing machine for Motel.
(d) Peace in their village.
14. The villagers want to know if Tevye has seen the constable because they heard rumors about _______________.
(a) An increase in their taxes.
(b) The death of the Tsar.
(c) An edict in St. Petersburg.
(d) Soldiers marching to their village.
15. When Tevye reluctantly lets Hodel leave, he asks God to see that she ______________.
(a) Dresses warm.
(b) Doesn't make a mistake.
(c) Comes back soon.
(d) Doesn't starve.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Yente hands a letter to Tzeitel, what else does she say?
2. Who helps the elderly rabbi to the table?
3. When Chava begs Tevye to accept her marriage with Fyedka, what does Tevye do?
4. What wedding gifts do Tevye and Golde give to the newly married couple, Tzeitel and Motel?
5. As Perchik tries to reason with Hodel, who is very upset, he explains that what happened at her sister's wedding _____________.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)