|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While everyone's gathered at Motel's shop admiring the new arrival, Golde talks with Tzeitel about what?
(a) Tzeitel's relationship with Motel.
(b) The baby.
(c) The responsibility of running a shop.
(d) Tzeitel's sisters.
2. While Yente talks with Golde about possible matches for her youngest daughters, several men come to the house and ask for ______________.
3. In the final scene, where does Motel say he, Tzeitel, and the baby will be going to?
(a) New York City.
4. At the end of the story, Yente says she will go where?
(a) South America.
(c) The Holy Land.
5. Some time after Tzeitel and Motel's wedding, why is Hodel upset with Perchik?
(a) He dared ask her to dance with him.
(b) He's talking about leaving the village.
(c) He's been rude and arrogant lately.
(d) She's afraid he loves someone else.
6. When Tevye reluctantly lets Hodel leave, he asks God to see that she ______________.
(a) Comes back soon.
(b) Dresses warm.
(c) Doesn't starve.
(d) Doesn't make a mistake.
7. Fyedka comes to Motel's shop, picks up a shirt, and offers congratulations. When he leaves the shop, who discreetly follows Fyedka?
8. From the letter Yente picks up and delivers to Tzeitel, everyone learns that Perchik ________________.
(a) Has become a professor.
(b) Is working as a spy.
(c) Has been arrested.
(d) Will be gone for years.
9. Why is one of Tevye's daughters going to Siberia?
(a) Tzeitel is going to ask for financial help from a relative there.
(b) The youngest will be going to school there.
(c) Chava is running away to marry Fyedka.
(d) Perchik has been arrested and Hodel wants to go help him.
10. As Yente and other women of the village gossip, the story keeps changing. By the end of their gossiping, everyone mistakenly thinks that who has been arrested?
11. What does Lazar say when he first stands up to talk at Tzeitel and Motel's wedding celebration?
(a) He'll get over his heartbreak eventually.
(b) Motel better watch out.
(c) He has no ill feelings.
(d) Her never stood a chance.
12. When the rabbi arrives at Motel's shop where practically the entire village is gathered, everyone asks him if there is a blessing for what?
(a) A colorful baby blanket.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A flower shop.
(d) A sewing machine.
13. What does Lazar give the newlyweds, Tzeitel and Motel?
(a) A gold goblet.
(b) A silver platter.
(c) Five chickens.
(d) Two cows.
14. Who helps the elderly rabbi to the table?
15. When everyone talks about big news, the audience is led to believe that Tzeitel and Motel _______________.
(a) Received a fortune from a rich uncle.
(b) Have separated.
(c) Just had a baby.
(d) Set up a flower stand.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the conversation Tevye holds with God some time after the wedding, he says that Tzeitel and Motel work very hard and are as poor as what?
2. When Tevye comes in following Perchik's marriage proposal to Hodel, Perchik says he has bad news and good news. What is the good news?
3. Where is Lazar Wolf going at the end of the story?
4. When the villagers hear and share that there is big news in their village, they rush over to __________________.
5. The villagers want to know if Tevye has seen the constable because they heard rumors about _______________.
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)