|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who steps into Motel's shop when he steps out for a few moments?
(a) The constable.
(d) Lazar Wolf.
2. In the lesson that Perchik tells Tevye's daughters about Laban and Jacob, what does Laban do?
(a) Throws Jacob into a well.
(b) Tricks Jacob.
(c) Abandons Jacob.
(d) Steals from Jacob.
3. After Tevye asks God several "whys" following his conversation with the constable, how does he end his talk with God?
(a) Asks that Tzeitel will be happy with her husband.
(b) Asks for protection for his family.
(c) Gives thanks for his family.
(d) Gives thanks for a husband for Tzeitel.
4. Despite how the villagers feel about Motel and Tzeitel's upcoming wedding, what do they say to Motel?
(a) Be prosperous and fruitful.
(c) Good luck.
(d) How could you?
5. When Motel manages to get Tevye's attention right before everyone has dinner, he wants to talk about Tzeitel but all he is able to say is what?
(a) Good Sabbath.
(b) I'll be right back.
(c) Thank you.
(d) Nice hat.
6. What does Perchik teach Hodel that he says he learned in Kiev?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A dance.
(c) A poem.
(d) A song.
7. Who is listening in as Perchik teaches Shprintze and Bielke?
8. As guests enter during the wedding scene, what do they do?
(a) Drop rose petals.
(b) Yell "Mazeltov."
(c) Kneel and pray.
(d) Light candles.
9. According to the "Tradition" song sung by everyone, what are the "Papas" expected to do?
(a) Mend broken roofs.
(b) Scramble for a living.
(c) Work to keep the peace.
(d) Plant seasonal crops.
10. When Golde finds Perchik teaching her younger daughters, what does she say?
(a) Lesson's over because the girls must help make lunch.
(b) The lesson is completely pointless.
(c) Lesson's over because the girls have to clean the barn.
(d) The lesson is interesting but not very applicable.
11. Tevye tells Golde that in his dream, Grandmother Tzeitel looks pretty good considering that she's _____________.
(a) Pretty angry at everyone.
(b) A transparent ghost.
(c) Ninety years old.
(d) Been dead for thirty years.
12. After the Sabbath, where does Tevye go to meet Lazar in order to talk to him?
(a) The market.
(b) The inn.
(c) The general store.
(d) An expensive restaurant.
13. Perchik teaches Shprintze and Bielke outside their home as they do what?
(a) Wash clothes.
(b) Milk cows.
(c) Plant onions.
(d) Peel potatoes.
14. After Yussel steps into Motel's shop to congratulate him and is asked a question by Motel, what does Yussel reply?
(a) He wants to know why Motel would be so rude to him.
(b) He'll gladly lend Motel money.
(c) He's no good at dispensing advice, particularly about women.
(d) He has an expensive hat that Lazar Wolf ordered.
15. When Perchik finally takes the cheese Tevye offers him, what does Tevye say?
(a) There's always room for a bit of cheese.
(b) It's no crime being poor.
(c) Don't forget to thank God for it.
(d) The villagers can be trusted.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Avram waves a newspaper, what terrible news from another town does he announce?
2. What kind of shop does Motel own?
3. In Tevye's dream, why is Lazar Wolf's first wife angry?
4. Hearing the news of the upcoming marriage, Russians who were sitting and drinking nearby bestow the following words upon Lazar and Tevye:
5. After Perchik explains where he came from, what does Mordcha sarcastically ask?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)