|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Golde react to the news the matchmaker delivers regarding the butcher?
(a) She asks the matchmaker to leave.
(b) She faints.
(c) She's horrified.
(d) She's pleased.
2. As guests enter during the wedding scene, what do they do?
(a) Yell "Mazeltov."
(b) Drop rose petals.
(c) Light candles.
(d) Kneel and pray.
3. When Tevye first offers Perchik a piece of cheese, why does Perchik decline?
(a) He doesn't want to look greedy.
(b) He just ate.
(c) He doesn't trust Tevye.
(d) He has no money.
4. When Perchik states that girls should also learn, how does Mendel react?
(a) He's shocked.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He laughs uncontrollably.
(d) He's deeply offended.
5. At their wedding, what does Motel place over Tzeitel's head?
6. When Golde asks her daughter Chava if she has finished milking the cows, what does Chava accidentally drop?
(a) A Love letter.
(b) A Book.
(c) A Milk jug.
(d) A Candle.
7. When Golde asks Tevye where his horse is, what does Tevye reply?
(a) He's at the blacksmith's.
(b) He's at the veterinarian's.
(c) He was stolen.
(d) He ran away.
8. Who steps into Motel's shop when he steps out for a few moments?
(a) Lazar Wolf.
(b) The constable.
9. When Sasha and another Russian harass Chava, what does Fyedka do?
(a) Looks the other way.
(b) Asks them to stop.
(c) Joins them.
(d) Punches them.
10. When Lazar finally realizes that Tevye thinks he's talking about buying his cow, how does he react?
(a) Tells Tevye he can't possibly compare Tzeitel to a cow.
(b) Scolds Tevye for thinking such a thing.
(c) Laughs and explains he's talking about marrying Tzeitel.
(d) Faints with shock and is resuscitated by the bartender.
11. Chava is reluctant to take the book Fyedka offers her. In the end, she _____________.
(a) Refuses it.
(b) Storms out.
(c) Throws it down.
(d) Takes it.
12. How many children does the matchmaker have?
(a) Two daughters.
(b) One son.
(d) Three sons and a daughter.
13. How does Act 1, Scene 5 end?
(a) Golde yells at Tevye.
(b) Tevye gives Golde a kiss.
(c) Tevye collapses and falls asleep.
(d) Tevye dances off with the fiddler.
14. When Tevye asks Perchik how he makes money, what does Perchik say?
(a) He runs errands.
(b) He repairs roofs.
(c) He's an actor.
(d) He's a tutor.
15. At their wedding, where do Tzeitel and Motel stand relative to other people?
(b) High up on a platform.
(c) Left side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the spirit of Lazar Wolf's first wife indicate she'll do to Tzeitel?
2. Tevye tells Golde that in his dream, Grandmother Tzeitel looks pretty good considering that she's _____________.
3. In the lesson that Perchik tells Tevye's daughters about Laban and Jacob, what does Laban do?
4. After Tevye says to God, "I know we are the chosen people," what does he ask?
5. What kind of shop does Motel own?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)