Short Answer Key
Act 1, Prologue
1. Where does Tevye live?
2. When addressing the audience at the start of the story, Tevye explains that in his community balance is kept through what?
3. Tevye explains that in his community, prayer shawls are worn as what?
Show of devotion to God.
4. Why are traditions important to Tevye?
Everyone knows their role in life.
5. According to the "Tradition" song sung by everyone, what are the "Papas" expected to do?
Scramble for a living.
6. According to the "Tradition" song, what are the "Mamas" expected to do?
Raise the family and run the home.
7. In the "Tradition" song, what does each son hope about the bride chosen for him?
8. In the "Tradition" song, each daughter is prepared to marry ____________.
Whoever Papa picks.
9. Why does the matchmaker feel that the shoemaker's daughter,...
This section contains 3,600 words|
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)