|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Motel tells Tevye that he wants to marry Tzeitel, he explains that a year ago, they _______________.
(a) Were secretly engaged.
(b) Fell in love with each other.
(c) Made a pledge to marry each other.
(d) Decided to marry each other and move to America.
2. Which of the following is part of the Sabbath Prayer song?
(a) May you dwell in the house of the Lord.
(b) May you live in harmony and joy.
(c) May the Lord protect and defend you.
(d) May the Lord shine a light upon you.
3. When Perchik makes fun of traditions that never change, what does Hodel do?
(a) Agrees with him.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Laughs loudly.
(d) Defends traditions.
4. What does Perchik teach Hodel that he says he learned in Kiev?
(a) A dance.
(b) A poem.
(c) A song.
(d) A prayer.
5. When addressing the audience at the start of the story, Tevye explains that in his community balance is kept through what?
(b) Law and order.
(d) Hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Motel and Tzeitel's wedding, who wonders if they'll be married one day?
2. After Perchik explains where he came from, what does Mordcha sarcastically ask?
3. Before coming to the village, Perchik was a university student where?
4. According to the "Tradition" song, what are the "Mamas" expected to do?
5. When Chava and Fyedka find themselves alone, what does Fyedka say to her?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)