|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the wedding, after the rabbi prays over a glass goblet of wine, what do Tzeitel and Motel do?
(a) Take a sip from the goblet.
(b) Present gifts to their parents.
(c) Kiss each other.
(d) Sing a traditional song.
2. Why are traditions important to Tevye?
(a) They're fun and comfortable.
(b) His ancestors came up with them.
(c) Everyone knows their role in life.
(d) God developed them.
3. When Tevye and Lazar meet to talk, what does Tevye think they're discussing?
(a) Going into business together.
(b) Purchasing Tevye's house.
(c) Increasing Lazar's milk order.
(d) Buying Tevye's little milk cow.
4. What does Lazar say when he first stands up to talk at Tzeitel and Motel's wedding celebration?
(a) He'll get over his heartbreak eventually.
(b) Her never stood a chance.
(c) He has no ill feelings.
(d) Motel better watch out.
5. With Tevye, Lazar, and other men roaming the streets drunk, the constable appears. What does he ask?
(a) If their wives know where they are.
(b) If they know what time it is.
(c) What they are celebrating.
(d) Why they are being so loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tevye finds himself alone with the constable, what does the constable tell him?
2. When a beggar gets only one coin this week, he complains that he got two coins the previous week. The donor explains he had a bad week, to which the beggar replies:
3. When Tevye tells Golde about his frightening dream, he begins by saying that all the people they knew were _______________.
4. What news does the matchmaker deliver to Golde and her daughters regarding the butcher, Lazar Wolf?
5. Tevye explains that in his community, prayer shawls are worn as what?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)