|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At their wedding, what does Motel place over Tzeitel's head?
2. When Tevye first offers Perchik a piece of cheese, why does Perchik decline?
(a) He just ate.
(b) He doesn't want to look greedy.
(c) He has no money.
(d) He doesn't trust Tevye.
3. When Avram waves a newspaper, what terrible news from another town does he announce?
(a) Russian soldiers attacked the Jews.
(b) The Tsar arrested town leaders.
(c) A flood devastated the town.
(d) All the Jews were evicted.
4. As the villagers ask Tevye if he's seen the constable and then share with him rumors they've heard, the constable walks in and tells everyone what?
(a) He will have to arrest them if they don't go home.
(b) They need to leave their village in three days.
(c) The Tsar will be stopping by that evening.
(d) He's looking for more men to join the Russian army.
5. What is Motel's job?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is everyone shocked when, at Tzeitel's wedding reception, Perchik asks Hodel to dance with him?
2. When the matchmaker brings Golde a couple of teen boys for her youngest daughters, what does Golde say?
3. After the Sabbath, where does Tevye go to meet Lazar in order to talk to him?
4. Fyedka comes to Motel's shop, picks up a shirt, and offers congratulations. When he leaves the shop, who discreetly follows Fyedka?
5. When the villagers are gathered at his shop, why does Motel hold up two different pieces of cloth that have been sewn together?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)