|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Tevye thanks the constable for the privileged information, what else does he say?
(a) It's too bad the Russians and the Jews can't see eye to eye.
(b) The constable is a good man and it's too bad he's not a Jew.
(c) He would appreciate it if the Russians didn't give them any trouble.
(d) The Jews will not cause any trouble.
2. When Golde and Tevye's daughters sing the "Matchmaker" song, which of the following is NOT part of the lyrics?
(a) Bring me a dream.
(b) Find me a find.
(c) Make me a match.
(d) Catch me a catch.
3. After teaching Tevye's daughters the story of Laban and Jacob, what does Perchik say is the moral of the story?
(a) Always pay your taxes.
(b) Never trust an employer.
(c) Always look on the bright side of life.
(d) Never turn your back on a competitor.
4. Inside Motel's shop, the villagers are gathered to see ______________.
(a) Motel and Tzeitel's new baby.
(b) The used sewing machine that just arrived.
(c) Motel and Tzeitel's new flower stand.
(d) Tzeitel's new dress.
5. When Tevye comes in following Perchik's marriage proposal to Hodel, Perchik says he has bad news and good news. What is the good news?
(a) He inherited a vast fortune.
(b) He and Hodel are engaged.
(c) He has purchased grain and eggs for the family.
(d) He got a job at the university.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lazar say he sees Tzeitel every Thursday?
2. When Tevye sings "If I Were A Rich Man," he says that he'd build a house with one staircase going up, one going down, and the third _____________.
3. After Tevye says to God, "I know we are the chosen people," what does he ask?
4. In the "Tradition" song, what does each son hope about the bride chosen for him?
5. When Perchik states that girls should also learn, how does Mendel react?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)