|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As everyone sings "Sunrise, Sunset" in the wedding scene, Golde says, "Wasn't it yesterday when they ... :"
(a) Wore diapers.
(b) Made mud cakes.
(c) Were small.
(d) Played hopscotch.
2. When one of her daughters reminds Golde that Tevye works hard, what does Golde say?
(a) The dairy cows do all the work.
(b) His horse works harder.
(c) She works hardest.
(d) Traditions are more important to him than work.
3. In Tevye's dream, why is Lazar Wolf's first wife angry?
(a) Tevye's daughter is marrying her husband.
(b) She was always an angry person.
(c) Lazar doesn't love her anymore.
(d) Everyone says mean things about her.
4. What does Lazar say when he first stands up to talk at Tzeitel and Motel's wedding celebration?
(a) He'll get over his heartbreak eventually.
(b) Motel better watch out.
(c) Her never stood a chance.
(d) He has no ill feelings.
5. After Tevye says to God, "I know we are the chosen people," what does he ask?
(a) Why God won't choose an easier life for him.
(b) Why being chosen carries so much responsibility.
(c) Why God can't choose someone else once in a while.
(d) Why he can't trade jobs with the constable.
Short Answer Questions
1. At their wedding, where do Tzeitel and Motel stand relative to other people?
2. Some time after Perchik leaves the village, Yente comes by with a letter she picked up at the post office. It's from Perchik, and it's for ______________.
3. As everyone prepares for the Sabbath, what does Tzeitel tell Motel when they are alone?
4. When Perchik tells Tevye's family that he's a good teacher, how does Hodel respond?
5. As Perchik tries to reason with Hodel, who is very upset, he explains that what happened at her sister's wedding _____________.
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)