|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Tevye gives Lazar permission to marry his daughter, the men go out into the street drunk. What fact does Lazar point out to Tevye?
(a) Tevye will be Lazar's papa.
(b) Both men are the same age.
(c) The Russians were rarely that cordial to them.
(d) Tzeitel will be the first of Tevye's daughters to marry.
2. After teaching Tevye's daughters the story of Laban and Jacob, what does Perchik say is the moral of the story?
(a) Never turn your back on a competitor.
(b) Always pay your taxes.
(c) Always look on the bright side of life.
(d) Never trust an employer.
3. As the wedding ceremony progresses, the women of the village sing, "One season following another, Laden with ...:"
(a) Happiness and tears.
(b) Laughter and fighting.
(c) Daily doses of elation.
(d) Trouble and toil.
4. When Chava begs Tevye to accept her marriage with Fyedka, what does Tevye do?
(a) He yells and refuses to talk to her.
(b) He hugs her and tells her it's all right.
(c) He sits down and listens patiently.
(d) He covers his ears and runs away.
5. According to the "Tradition" song sung by everyone, what are the "Papas" expected to do?
(a) Work to keep the peace.
(b) Plant seasonal crops.
(c) Scramble for a living.
(d) Mend broken roofs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Tevye arrives to talk with Lazar, the butcher orders what?
2. How do the villagers feel about the news that Tzeitel will be marrying Motel instead of Lazar?
3. When Golde asks Yente which daughter gets which boy, what does the matchmaker reply?
4. In the wedding scene, Tzeitel enters in her bridal clothes, followed by _________________.
5. When Perchik finally takes the cheese Tevye offers him, what does Tevye say?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)