|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the wedding, Tevye speaks to God and starts to say, "As the Good Book says ..." but then stops himself. What does he say right afterward?
(a) Ah, you already know what is written in the Good Book.
(b) Forgive me, I wasn't thinking.
(c) Why should I tell you what the Good Book says?
(d) Oops, I forgot who I was talking to.
2. When Tevye asks Shprintze and Bielke if they want to take lessons from Perchik, how do the girls respond?
(a) They refuse.
(b) They say they're not sure.
(c) They ask their mother.
(d) They giggle and say yes.
3. Some time after Tzeitel and Motel's wedding, why is Hodel upset with Perchik?
(a) He dared ask her to dance with him.
(b) He's talking about leaving the village.
(c) She's afraid he loves someone else.
(d) He's been rude and arrogant lately.
4. In the lesson that Perchik tells Tevye's daughters about Laban and Jacob, what does Laban do?
(a) Abandons Jacob.
(b) Throws Jacob into a well.
(c) Tricks Jacob.
(d) Steals from Jacob.
5. At their wedding, what is placed over Motel and Tzeitel?
(b) Pine branches.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does the matchmaker have?
2. When Perchik finally takes the cheese Tevye offers him, what does Tevye say?
3. Tevye claims that without their traditions, the villagers' lives would be ______________.
4. When the Russians join in on the celebratory song and dance between Lazar, Tevye, and other Jews, what is part of the blessing they offer?
5. As Yente and other women of the village gossip, the story keeps changing. By the end of their gossiping, everyone mistakenly thinks that who has been arrested?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)