|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the "Tradition" song sung by everyone, what are the "Papas" expected to do?
(a) Work to keep the peace.
(b) Mend broken roofs.
(c) Scramble for a living.
(d) Plant seasonal crops.
2. When Golde asks her daughter Chava if she has finished milking the cows, what does Chava accidentally drop?
(a) A Book.
(b) A Candle.
(c) A Milk jug.
(d) A Love letter.
3. Before coming to the village, Perchik was a university student where?
4. In the conversation Tevye holds with God some time after the wedding, he says that Tzeitel and Motel work very hard and are as poor as what?
(a) Cows without grass.
(b) Squirrels in winter.
(c) Newborn kittens.
(d) Birds without a nest.
5. When the constable leaves after his private conversation with Tevye, what does Tevye ask God?
(a) Why the Russians won't leave them alone.
(b) Where he should take his family to live in peace.
(c) Why he can never win.
(d) Why he got such news that day, of all days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fruma Sarah to Lazar Wolf?
2. How does Tzeitel react when she learns she is to wed Lazar Wolf?
3. What does Lazar say when he first stands up to talk at Tzeitel and Motel's wedding celebration?
4. When Tevye comes in following Perchik's marriage proposal to Hodel, Perchik says he has bad news and good news. What is the good news?
5. When Sasha and another Russian harass Chava, what does Fyedka do?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)