|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After taking the cheese Tevye offers, what does Perchik say about the rich?
(a) He admires them.
(b) They are criminals.
(c) They eat too much.
(d) He wants to be like them.
2. At Motel and Tzeitel's wedding, who wonders if they'll be married one day?
(a) The village's bachelors.
(b) Tevye's youngest daughters.
(c) Chava and Fyedka.
(d) Perchik and Hodel.
3. When Tevye talks to himself about Lazar, wondering whether or not to give permission for the marriage, he says that ______________.
(a) This might be Tzeitel's only chance.
(b) Tzeitel would be fine with marrying the butcher.
(c) He never really liked Lazar.
(d) Lazar would make an excellent husband.
4. When Sasha and another Russian harass Chava, what does Fyedka do?
(a) Punches them.
(b) Asks them to stop.
(c) Joins them.
(d) Looks the other way.
5. Who helps the elderly rabbi to the table?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Yente's role in the village?
2. Who steps into Motel's shop when he steps out for a few moments?
3. When the two Russians who were bothering Chava leave, what does Fyedka do?
4. When Tevye asks Shprintze and Bielke if they want to take lessons from Perchik, how do the girls respond?
5. When the constable leaves after his private conversation with Tevye, what does Tevye ask God?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)