|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the pair sits together at the railroad station ________________.
(a) Tzeitel cries and asks why Motel must leave.
(b) Hodel tells Tevye he doesn't have to wait with her.
(c) Hodel and Tzeitel wish each other good luck in life.
(d) Tevye tells Motel to come back to Tzeitel soon.
2. Before coming to the village, Perchik was a university student where?
3. Tevye convinces himself that by marrying Lazar, Tzeitel will never know what?
4. When Tevye sings "If I Were A Rich Man," he says that he'd build a house with one staircase going up, one going down, and the third _____________.
(a) Going sideways.
(b) Going nowhere.
(c) Extending into the cellar.
(d) Extending beyond the roof.
5. After the Sabbath, where does Tevye go to meet Lazar in order to talk to him?
(a) The market.
(b) The general store.
(c) An expensive restaurant.
(d) The inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tevye tries to correct Grandmother Tzeitel on behalf of Golde, what does the grandmother say?
2. After Tevye's celebratory mood is changed by the sobering conversation with the constable, what does the fiddler's appearance represent?
3. Through Tevye's conversation with God, what do we learn about Tzeitel and Motel after their wedding?
4. At their wedding, where do Tzeitel and Motel stand relative to other people?
5. When the constable leaves after his private conversation with Tevye, what does Tevye ask God?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)