|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the wedding, after the rabbi prays over a glass goblet of wine, what do Tzeitel and Motel do?
(a) Present gifts to their parents.
(b) Take a sip from the goblet.
(c) Sing a traditional song.
(d) Kiss each other.
2. According to the "Tradition" song sung by everyone, what are the "Papas" expected to do?
(a) Work to keep the peace.
(b) Mend broken roofs.
(c) Plant seasonal crops.
(d) Scramble for a living.
3. From the letter Yente picks up and delivers to Tzeitel, everyone learns that Perchik ________________.
(a) Is working as a spy.
(b) Has become a professor.
(c) Has been arrested.
(d) Will be gone for years.
4. How does Golde react to the news the matchmaker delivers regarding the butcher?
(a) She's horrified.
(b) She faints.
(c) She asks the matchmaker to leave.
(d) She's pleased.
5. When Golde finds Perchik teaching her younger daughters, what does she say?
(a) Lesson's over because the girls have to clean the barn.
(b) Lesson's over because the girls must help make lunch.
(c) The lesson is interesting but not very applicable.
(d) The lesson is completely pointless.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the villagers feel about the news that Tzeitel will be marrying Motel instead of Lazar?
2. After Tevye asks God several "whys" following his conversation with the constable, how does he end his talk with God?
3. When Tevye sings "If I Were A Rich Man," he says that he'd build a house with one staircase going up, one going down, and the third _____________.
4. At the conclusion of Act 1, Scene 1, why are Golde and Tevye's daughters hoping the matchmaker will take her time finding them a match?
5. As everyone sings "Sunrise, Sunset" in the wedding scene, Golde says, "Wasn't it yesterday when they ... :"
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)