|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yente hands Tzeitel a letter written by Perchik, Tzeitel notes that _______________.
(a) The letter is unfinished.
(b) Everyone was worried that Perchik was dead.
(c) The letter has already been opened.
(d) Perchik has been harmed.
2. After the wedding, Tevye speaks to God and starts to say, "As the Good Book says ..." but then stops himself. What does he say right afterward?
(a) Forgive me, I wasn't thinking.
(b) Ah, you already know what is written in the Good Book.
(c) Oops, I forgot who I was talking to.
(d) Why should I tell you what the Good Book says?
3. When Tevye finds himself alone with the constable, what does the constable tell him?
(a) The Tsar is watching them carefully.
(b) He will not arrest him for being drunk.
(c) There will be a small demonstration in the village.
(d) They should not make too much noise at the wedding.
4. When Yussel steps into Motel's shop to congratulate him for the upcoming wedding, what does Motel ask him?
(a) To lend him money.
(b) To please leave.
(c) For advice.
(d) For a wedding hat.
5. When Tevye talks to himself about Lazar, wondering whether or not to give permission for the marriage, he says that ______________.
(a) This might be Tzeitel's only chance.
(b) Tzeitel would be fine with marrying the butcher.
(c) He never really liked Lazar.
(d) Lazar would make an excellent husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. When gossip started by Yente spreads like wildfire, changing along the way, the village blames the supposed woes befalling Tevye's family upon _____________.
2. At Motel and Tzeitel's wedding, who wonders if they'll be married one day?
3. How does Tevye react when he first learns that Lazar is interested in Tzeitel?
4. Motel and Tzeitel have been friends since:
5. Why are traditions important to Tevye?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)