|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fruma Sarah to Lazar Wolf?
(c) First wife.
2. When Chava and Fyedka find themselves alone, what does Fyedka say to her?
(a) She must never talk to Sasha again.
(b) He's seen her at the bookseller's.
(c) He'd like to take her to the dance.
(d) She needs to be more careful.
3. When Tevye comes in following Perchik's marriage proposal to Hodel, Perchik says he has bad news and good news. What is the good news?
(a) He got a job at the university.
(b) He has purchased grain and eggs for the family.
(c) He inherited a vast fortune.
(d) He and Hodel are engaged.
4. As everyone prepares for the Sabbath, what does Tzeitel tell Motel when they are alone?
(a) They don't have enough food for everyone.
(b) She doesn't trust Perchik.
(c) The matchmaker had stopped by.
(d) She doesn't like Lazar.
5. When Lazar finally realizes that Tevye thinks he's talking about buying his cow, how does he react?
(a) Laughs and explains he's talking about marrying Tzeitel.
(b) Faints with shock and is resuscitated by the bartender.
(c) Scolds Tevye for thinking such a thing.
(d) Tells Tevye he can't possibly compare Tzeitel to a cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Motel tells Tevye that he wants to marry Tzeitel, he explains that a year ago, they _______________.
2. How does Tevye react when he first learns that Lazar is interested in Tzeitel?
3. When Tevye comes in following Perchik's marriage proposal to Hodel, Perchik says he has bad news and good news. What is the bad news?
4. Why does the matchmaker feel that the shoemaker's daughter, who has poor eyesight, is a good match for a particular young man?
5. According to the "Tradition" song sung by everyone, what are the "Papas" expected to do?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)