|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tevye finds himself alone with the constable, what does the constable tell him?
(a) He will not arrest him for being drunk.
(b) They should not make too much noise at the wedding.
(c) The Tsar is watching them carefully.
(d) There will be a small demonstration in the village.
2. When Grandmother Tzeitel praises Motel as the chosen husband for young Tzeitel, what does Golde say?
(a) Motel is just a friend.
(b) Motel is a poor choice.
(c) Lazar is a much better choice.
(d) She must have heard the news wrong.
3. From the letter Yente picks up and delivers to Tzeitel, everyone learns that Perchik ________________.
(a) Has been arrested.
(b) Is working as a spy.
(c) Will be gone for years.
(d) Has become a professor.
4. When Yente hands Tzeitel a letter written by Perchik, Tzeitel notes that _______________.
(a) The letter is unfinished.
(b) Perchik has been harmed.
(c) Everyone was worried that Perchik was dead.
(d) The letter has already been opened.
5. At the start of Act 1, Scene 2, Tevye enters pulling a cart. He addresses God, asking what?
(a) When his daughters will marry.
(b) Whose idea it was to make him a milkman.
(c) Why his life continues to be so difficult.
(d) Where he can find the riches he wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Golde asks Tevye where his horse is, what does Tevye reply?
2. What does the spirit of Lazar Wolf's first wife indicate she'll do to Tzeitel?
3. Tevye explains that in his community, prayer shawls are worn as what?
4. What wedding gifts do Tevye and Golde give to the newly married couple, Tzeitel and Motel?
5. The wedding of Tzeitel and Motel concludes with ________________.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)