|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hodel comments on Perchik's lesson about Laban and Jacob, what does she say?
(a) The story has nothing to do with her sisters.
(b) She never heard that story before.
(c) The rabbi would have a different interpretation.
(d) He doesn't know what he's talking about.
2. Tevye convinces himself that by marrying Lazar, Tzeitel will never know what?
3. In Tevye's dream, why is Lazar Wolf's first wife angry?
(a) Tevye's daughter is marrying her husband.
(b) Everyone says mean things about her.
(c) Lazar doesn't love her anymore.
(d) She was always an angry person.
4. After Golde talks to Tevye about Lazar Wolf, what does Tevye agree to do?
(a) Talk to him after the Sabbath.
(b) Offer one of his daughters for marriage.
(c) Invite him to dinner.
(d) Ask Lazar what he thinks of the eldest daughter.
5. Which of the following is part of the Sabbath Prayer song?
(a) May the Lord shine a light upon you.
(b) May the Lord protect and defend you.
(c) May you dwell in the house of the Lord.
(d) May you live in harmony and joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What common interest do Chava and Fyedka share?
2. From the letter Yente picks up and delivers to Tzeitel, everyone learns that Perchik ________________.
3. How many children does the matchmaker have?
4. After Perchik explains where he came from, what does Mordcha sarcastically ask?
5. Why does the matchmaker feel that the shoemaker's daughter, who has poor eyesight, is a good match for a particular young man?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)