|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tevye tells Golde that Grandmother Tzeitel appeared in his dream, what does Golde ask?
(a) How she looked.
(b) What she wanted.
(c) Why she appeared.
(d) How she was feeling.
2. How does Tzeitel react when she learns she is to wed Lazar Wolf?
(a) She cries and says she can't marry him.
(b) She shouts in anger and frustration.
(c) She screams and faints.
(d) She runs away in tears.
3. When Perchik wants to know why Hodel is so interested in the rabbi's son, what does she say?
(a) He's smart, handsome, and well respected.
(b) At least he doesn't have crazy ideas about changing the world.
(c) She's been good friends with the rabbi's son since they were seven.
(d) It's absolutely none of his business.
4. Who is Fruma Sarah to Lazar Wolf?
(d) First wife.
5. When Golde and Tevye's daughters sing the "Matchmaker" song, which of the following is NOT part of the lyrics?
(a) Find me a find.
(b) Catch me a catch.
(c) Bring me a dream.
(d) Make me a match.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "Tradition" song sung by everyone, what are the "Papas" expected to do?
2. What news does the matchmaker deliver to Golde and her daughters regarding the butcher, Lazar Wolf?
3. When Grandmother Tzeitel praises Motel as the chosen husband for young Tzeitel, what does Golde say?
4. Who appears to Tevye in his dream after Grandmother Tzeitel is done talking to him?
5. As everyone prepares for the Sabbath, what does Tzeitel tell Motel when they are alone?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)