|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sasha and another Russian harass Chava, what does Fyedka do?
(a) Punches them.
(b) Asks them to stop.
(c) Joins them.
(d) Looks the other way.
2. What does the spirit of Lazar Wolf's first wife indicate she'll do to Tzeitel?
(a) Drive her out of town.
(b) Haunt her daily.
(c) Choke her.
(d) Drown her.
3. With Tevye, Lazar, and other men roaming the streets drunk, the constable appears. What does he ask?
(a) If their wives know where they are.
(b) Why they are being so loud.
(c) If they know what time it is.
(d) What they are celebrating.
4. Why does the constable give Tevye confidential information?
(a) He can't keep a secret.
(b) He considers Tevye a friend.
(c) He's related to Tevye.
(d) He owes Tevye a favor.
5. Why does the matchmaker feel that the shoemaker's daughter, who has poor eyesight, is a good match for a particular young man?
(a) He's twice her age.
(b) He's not much to look at.
(c) He can afford to buy her glasses.
(d) He can't hear well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are traditions important to Tevye?
2. In Tevye's dream, why is Lazar Wolf's first wife angry?
3. Who steps into Motel's shop when he steps out for a few moments?
4. Hearing the news of the upcoming marriage, Russians who were sitting and drinking nearby bestow the following words upon Lazar and Tevye:
5. Tevye claims that without their traditions, the villagers' lives would be ______________.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)