|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Avram waves a newspaper, what terrible news from another town does he announce?
(a) Russian soldiers attacked the Jews.
(b) All the Jews were evicted.
(c) The Tsar arrested town leaders.
(d) A flood devastated the town.
2. When Sasha and another Russian harass Chava, what does Fyedka do?
(a) Looks the other way.
(b) Asks them to stop.
(c) Punches them.
(d) Joins them.
3. What does Golde tell Tevye about Lazar Wolf as Tevye tries to pray?
(a) He would be a good match for one of their daughters.
(b) He wants to talk to him.
(c) He will stop by soon.
(d) He wants to marry one of their daughters.
4. In the "Tradition" song, each daughter is prepared to marry ____________.
(a) Whoever the matchmaker chooses.
(b) Whoever Papa picks.
(c) By the age of twenty.
(d) The man of her choice.
5. Tevye convinces himself that by marrying Lazar, Tzeitel will never know what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is listening in as Perchik teaches Shprintze and Bielke?
2. When Perchik states that girls should also learn, how does Mendel react?
3. In the lesson that Perchik tells Tevye's daughters about Laban and Jacob, what does Laban do?
4. What is Yente's role in the village?
5. In Tevye's dream, Grandmother Tzeitel calls Motel a _______________.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)