|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Motel and Tzeitel have been friends since:
(a) Tzeitel saved Motel's life.
(b) They were babies.
(c) Motel moved next door.
(d) The fourth grade.
2. What does Golde tell Tevye about Lazar Wolf as Tevye tries to pray?
(a) He will stop by soon.
(b) He wants to talk to him.
(c) He would be a good match for one of their daughters.
(d) He wants to marry one of their daughters.
3. When Tevye first offers Perchik a piece of cheese, why does Perchik decline?
(a) He has no money.
(b) He doesn't want to look greedy.
(c) He just ate.
(d) He doesn't trust Tevye.
4. Lazar tries to convince Tevye to agree to a marriage between him and Tzeitel by explaining that he's well off and ________________.
(a) He has a very big house.
(b) She wouldn't have to clean because he has a housekeeper.
(c) She'll have nice clothes and furniture.
(d) He'll take good care of her.
5. After taking the cheese Tevye offers, what does Perchik say about the rich?
(a) He admires them.
(b) They are criminals.
(c) They eat too much.
(d) He wants to be like them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fruma Sarah to Lazar Wolf?
2. How does Tevye react when he first learns that Lazar is interested in Tzeitel?
3. After the Sabbath, where does Tevye go to meet Lazar in order to talk to him?
4. Chava is reluctant to take the book Fyedka offers her. In the end, she _____________.
5. When Perchik finally takes the cheese Tevye offers him, what does Tevye say?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)