|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tevye's conversation with the constable reveals that _______________.
(a) The constable is a wicked man.
(b) The constable doesn't like Tevye at all.
(c) The split between the Jews and Russians is real.
(d) Nobody in the village can be trusted.
2. As everyone prepares for the Sabbath, what does Tzeitel tell Motel when they are alone?
(a) She doesn't trust Perchik.
(b) They don't have enough food for everyone.
(c) She doesn't like Lazar.
(d) The matchmaker had stopped by.
3. After Tevye asks God several "whys" following his conversation with the constable, how does he end his talk with God?
(a) Asks that Tzeitel will be happy with her husband.
(b) Gives thanks for his family.
(c) Asks for protection for his family.
(d) Gives thanks for a husband for Tzeitel.
4. When Tevye and Lazar meet to talk, what does Tevye think they're discussing?
(a) Buying Tevye's little milk cow.
(b) Purchasing Tevye's house.
(c) Going into business together.
(d) Increasing Lazar's milk order.
5. When the constable leaves after his private conversation with Tevye, what does Tevye ask God?
(a) Why the Russians won't leave them alone.
(b) Why he got such news that day, of all days.
(c) Where he should take his family to live in peace.
(d) Why he can never win.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hodel comments on Perchik's lesson about Laban and Jacob, what does she say?
2. What is Motel's job?
3. How does Tzeitel react when she learns she is to wed Lazar Wolf?
4. Motel and Tzeitel have been friends since:
5. When Perchik tells Tevye's family that he's a good teacher, how does Hodel respond?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)