|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before coming to the village, Perchik was a university student where?
2. When Perchik wants to know why Hodel is so interested in the rabbi's son, what does she say?
(a) At least he doesn't have crazy ideas about changing the world.
(b) He's smart, handsome, and well respected.
(c) She's been good friends with the rabbi's son since they were seven.
(d) It's absolutely none of his business.
3. When Tevye finds himself alone with the constable, what does the constable tell him?
(a) The Tsar is watching them carefully.
(b) He will not arrest him for being drunk.
(c) They should not make too much noise at the wedding.
(d) There will be a small demonstration in the village.
4. When Lazar finally realizes that Tevye thinks he's talking about buying his cow, how does he react?
(a) Faints with shock and is resuscitated by the bartender.
(b) Laughs and explains he's talking about marrying Tzeitel.
(c) Tells Tevye he can't possibly compare Tzeitel to a cow.
(d) Scolds Tevye for thinking such a thing.
5. How does Golde react to the news the matchmaker delivers regarding the butcher?
(a) She asks the matchmaker to leave.
(b) She faints.
(c) She's pleased.
(d) She's horrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Tevye asks God several "whys" following his conversation with the constable, how does he end his talk with God?
2. When addressing the audience at the start of the story, Tevye explains that in his community balance is kept through what?
3. When Perchik makes fun of traditions that never change, what does Hodel do?
4. When Tzeitel and Motel talk while they prepare for the Sabbath, what does Motel tell Tzeitel that he plans to purchase?
5. According to the "Tradition" song sung by everyone, what are the "Papas" expected to do?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)