|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tevye and Lazar meet to talk, what does Tevye think they're discussing?
(a) Purchasing Tevye's house.
(b) Buying Tevye's little milk cow.
(c) Increasing Lazar's milk order.
(d) Going into business together.
2. After Perchik explains where he came from, what does Mordcha sarcastically ask?
(a) Why he doesn't just go back there.
(b) Why he doesn't try to overthrow the Tsar.
(c) If that is where he learned to criticize elders.
(d) If everyone there is such a know it all.
3. Before Tevye arrives to talk with Lazar, the butcher orders what?
(a) Two mugs of hot soup.
(b) Two cups of coffee.
(c) Two glasses and a bottle of brandy.
(d) A cup of coffee and a cup of tea.
4. When Hodel comments on Perchik's lesson about Laban and Jacob, what does she say?
(a) He doesn't know what he's talking about.
(b) She never heard that story before.
(c) The story has nothing to do with her sisters.
(d) The rabbi would have a different interpretation.
5. When Lazar finally realizes that Tevye thinks he's talking about buying his cow, how does he react?
(a) Laughs and explains he's talking about marrying Tzeitel.
(b) Faints with shock and is resuscitated by the bartender.
(c) Tells Tevye he can't possibly compare Tzeitel to a cow.
(d) Scolds Tevye for thinking such a thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Tevye's daughters?
2. How does Golde react to the news the matchmaker delivers regarding the butcher?
3. After Tevye gives Lazar permission to marry his daughter, the men go out into the street drunk. What fact does Lazar point out to Tevye?
4. After Tevye asks God several "whys" following his conversation with the constable, how does he end his talk with God?
5. What is Yente's role in the village?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)