|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Golde asks Tevye where his horse is, what does Tevye reply?
(a) He's at the blacksmith's.
(b) He was stolen.
(c) He's at the veterinarian's.
(d) He ran away.
2. What is Yente's role in the village?
3. Where does Tevye live?
(a) Small village.
(b) Prison camp.
(c) Large city.
(d) Religious commune.
4. How many children does the matchmaker have?
(a) One son.
(b) Two daughters.
(d) Three sons and a daughter.
5. Tevye claims that without their traditions, the villagers' lives would be ______________.
(a) As shaky as a fiddler on the roof.
(b) As cold as a Siberian winter.
(c) As empty as a drained milk jug.
(d) As lonely as a frightened fiddler.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the conclusion of Act 1, Scene 1, why are Golde and Tevye's daughters hoping the matchmaker will take her time finding them a match?
2. When addressing the audience at the start of the story, Tevye explains that in his community balance is kept through what?
3. In the "Tradition" song, each daughter is prepared to marry ____________.
4. Why are traditions important to Tevye?
5. When Tevye asks Perchik how he makes money, what does Perchik say?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)