|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the conclusion of Act 1, Scene 1, why are Golde and Tevye's daughters hoping the matchmaker will take her time finding them a match?
(a) They want to finish school first.
(b) They're scared of getting stuck with a bad husband.
(c) They don't want to leave their parents and sisters.
(d) They want to travel and see the world before getting married.
2. Before coming to the village, Perchik was a university student where?
3. When the townspeople Mordcha and Mendel complain toTevye that he forgot their orders for the Sabbath, what does he reply?
(a) He had trouble with his horse.
(b) He forgot, and he's sorry.
(c) They failed to put in their order.
(d) They haven't paid him yet.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of Tevye's daughters?
5. How many children does the matchmaker have?
(b) Three sons and a daughter.
(c) Two daughters.
(d) One son.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the "Tradition" song, each daughter is prepared to marry ____________.
2. When Perchik states that girls should also learn, how does Mendel react?
3. Why does the matchmaker feel that the shoemaker's daughter, who has poor eyesight, is a good match for a particular young man?
4. What is Yente's role in the village?
5. In the first act, what blessing does the rabbi give the Tsar?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)