|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tevye sings "If I Were A Rich Man," he says that he'd build a house with one staircase going up, one going down, and the third _____________.
(a) Extending into the cellar.
(b) Going nowhere.
(c) Going sideways.
(d) Extending beyond the roof.
2. When Tevye asks Perchik how he makes money, what does Perchik say?
(a) He's a tutor.
(b) He's an actor.
(c) He runs errands.
(d) He repairs roofs.
3. At the start of Act 1, Scene 2, Tevye enters pulling a cart. He addresses God, asking what?
(a) Where he can find the riches he wants.
(b) Why his life continues to be so difficult.
(c) When his daughters will marry.
(d) Whose idea it was to make him a milkman.
4. The village matchmaker, who has been a widow for a long time, claims that a bad husband:
(a) Is better than no husband.
(b) Should be thrown in prison.
(c) Is no good for anyone.
(d) Doesn't exist.
5. What is Yente's role in the village?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Avram waves a newspaper, what terrible news from another town does he announce?
2. When Tevye first offers Perchik a piece of cheese, why does Perchik decline?
3. What news does the matchmaker deliver to Golde and her daughters regarding the butcher, Lazar Wolf?
4. Motel and Tzeitel have been friends since:
5. When one of her daughters reminds Golde that Tevye works hard, what does Golde say?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)