|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tevye first offers Perchik a piece of cheese, why does Perchik decline?
(a) He doesn't trust Tevye.
(b) He has no money.
(c) He just ate.
(d) He doesn't want to look greedy.
2. Motel and Tzeitel have been friends since:
(a) They were babies.
(b) The fourth grade.
(c) Motel moved next door.
(d) Tzeitel saved Motel's life.
3. Before coming to the village, Perchik was a university student where?
4. Where does Tevye live?
(a) Large city.
(b) Religious commune.
(c) Small village.
(d) Prison camp.
5. When Perchik states that girls should also learn, how does Mendel react?
(a) He's deeply offended.
(b) He laughs uncontrollably.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He's shocked.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the "Tradition" song, what are the "Mamas" expected to do?
2. The village matchmaker, who has been a widow for a long time, claims that a bad husband:
3. When Tevye sings "If I Were A Rich Man," he says that he'd build a house with one staircase going up, one going down, and the third _____________.
4. When one of her daughters reminds Golde that Tevye works hard, what does Golde say?
5. Tevye claims that without their traditions, the villagers' lives would be ______________.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)