|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tevye asks Perchik how he makes money, what does Perchik say?
(a) He's an actor.
(b) He repairs roofs.
(c) He's a tutor.
(d) He runs errands.
2. When addressing the audience at the start of the story, Tevye explains that in his community balance is kept through what?
(c) Hard work.
(d) Law and order.
3. In the "Tradition" song, what does each son hope about the bride chosen for him?
(a) She cooks well.
(b) She sings nicely.
(c) She's smart.
(d) She's pretty.
4. At the conclusion of Act 1, Scene 1, why are Golde and Tevye's daughters hoping the matchmaker will take her time finding them a match?
(a) They want to finish school first.
(b) They're scared of getting stuck with a bad husband.
(c) They want to travel and see the world before getting married.
(d) They don't want to leave their parents and sisters.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of Tevye's daughters?
Short Answer Questions
1. Tevye explains that in his community, prayer shawls are worn as what?
2. Where does Tevye live?
3. When Golde and Tevye's daughters sing the "Matchmaker" song, which of the following is NOT part of the lyrics?
4. Why does the matchmaker feel that the shoemaker's daughter, who has poor eyesight, is a good match for a particular young man?
5. In the first act, what blessing does the rabbi give the Tsar?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)