|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tevye first offers Perchik a piece of cheese, why does Perchik decline?
(a) He just ate.
(b) He doesn't want to look greedy.
(c) He has no money.
(d) He doesn't trust Tevye.
2. When Golde and Tevye's daughters sing the "Matchmaker" song, which of the following is NOT part of the lyrics?
(a) Catch me a catch.
(b) Make me a match.
(c) Bring me a dream.
(d) Find me a find.
3. When Golde asks her daughter Chava if she has finished milking the cows, what does Chava accidentally drop?
(a) A Milk jug.
(b) A Book.
(c) A Candle.
(d) A Love letter.
4. What news does the matchmaker deliver to Golde and her daughters regarding the butcher, Lazar Wolf?
(a) He has a gift for them.
(b) He's interested in Tzeitel.
(c) He has been imprisoned.
(d) His son is interested in Tzeitel.
5. When Perchik states that girls should also learn, how does Mendel react?
(a) He's shocked.
(b) He's deeply offended.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He laughs uncontrollably.
Short Answer Questions
1. The village matchmaker, who has been a widow for a long time, claims that a bad husband:
2. Tevye claims that without their traditions, the villagers' lives would be ______________.
3. What is Yente's role in the village?
4. Motel and Tzeitel have been friends since:
5. When Perchik finally takes the cheese Tevye offers him, what does Tevye say?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)