|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tevye's conversation with the constable reveals that _______________.
(a) The constable doesn't like Tevye at all.
(b) The split between the Jews and Russians is real.
(c) The constable is a wicked man.
(d) Nobody in the village can be trusted.
2. When Tzeitel and Motel talk while they prepare for the Sabbath, what does Motel tell Tzeitel that he plans to purchase?
(b) Milking cow.
(c) Sewing machine.
(d) Small farm.
3. When Perchik makes fun of traditions that never change, what does Hodel do?
(a) Defends traditions.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Laughs loudly.
(d) Agrees with him.
4. What is Yente's role in the village?
5. Before Tevye arrives to talk with Lazar, the butcher orders what?
(a) Two cups of coffee.
(b) Two mugs of hot soup.
(c) Two glasses and a bottle of brandy.
(d) A cup of coffee and a cup of tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tzeitel react when she learns she is to wed Lazar Wolf?
2. When Perchik finally takes the cheese Tevye offers him, what does Tevye say?
3. Some time after Tzeitel and Motel's wedding, why is Hodel upset with Perchik?
4. How does Tevye react when he first learns that Lazar is interested in Tzeitel?
5. Who is Fruma Sarah to Lazar Wolf?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)