|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Perchik tells Hodel that traditions are changing in other places, with boys and girls holding hands and even doing what together?
2. In Tevye's dream, Grandmother Tzeitel calls Motel a _______________.
(a) Fine upstanding boy.
(b) Silly young man in love.
(c) Remarkably talented tailor.
(d) Clumsy but well-meaning man.
3. When gossip started by Yente spreads like wildfire, changing along the way, the village blames the supposed woes befalling Tevye's family upon _____________.
(a) The fact that everyone danced together at the wedding.
(b) Tzeitel refusing to accept the match with Lazar.
(c) Tevye's daughters growing in independence.
(d) The growing revolution.
4. What kind of shop does Motel own?
(a) Barber shop.
(b) Flower stand.
(c) Tailor shop.
(d) Fruit stand.
5. After Golde talks to Tevye about Lazar Wolf, what does Tevye agree to do?
(a) Talk to him after the Sabbath.
(b) Invite him to dinner.
(c) Offer one of his daughters for marriage.
(d) Ask Lazar what he thinks of the eldest daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Inside Motel's shop, the villagers are gathered to see ______________.
2. How does Tzeitel react when she learns she is to wed Lazar Wolf?
3. As everyone sings "Sunrise, Sunset" in the wedding scene, Golde says, "Wasn't it yesterday when they ... :"
4. As Perchik tries to talk to Hodel, who is very unhappy with him, what does he say?
5. What news does the matchmaker deliver to Golde and her daughters regarding the butcher, Lazar Wolf?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)