|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Long after Tzeitel's wedding, someone asks the rabbi if he's heard the news. The rabbi asks if it's more bad news, and the reply is ______________.
(a) Yes, terrible news.
(b) No, good news.
(c) It depends on how you look at it.
(d) It's not the best, but I've heard worse.
2. After Tevye thanks the constable for the privileged information, what else does he say?
(a) It's too bad the Russians and the Jews can't see eye to eye.
(b) The Jews will not cause any trouble.
(c) The constable is a good man and it's too bad he's not a Jew.
(d) He would appreciate it if the Russians didn't give them any trouble.
3. Some time after Perchik leaves the village, Yente comes by with a letter she picked up at the post office. It's from Perchik, and it's for ______________.
(d) The rabbi.
4. Why does the constable give Tevye confidential information?
(a) He's related to Tevye.
(b) He owes Tevye a favor.
(c) He considers Tevye a friend.
(d) He can't keep a secret.
5. What news does the matchmaker deliver to Golde and her daughters regarding the butcher, Lazar Wolf?
(a) He's interested in Tzeitel.
(b) He has been imprisoned.
(c) He has a gift for them.
(d) His son is interested in Tzeitel.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the pair sits together at the railroad station ________________.
2. As everyone sings "Sunrise, Sunset" in the wedding scene, Golde says, "Wasn't it yesterday when they ... :"
3. When the two Russians who were bothering Chava leave, what does Fyedka do?
4. When Golde and Tevye's daughters sing the "Matchmaker" song, which of the following is NOT part of the lyrics?
5. As guests enter during the wedding scene, what do they do?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)