|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At their wedding, what is placed over Motel and Tzeitel?
(c) Pine branches.
2. Hearing the news of the upcoming marriage, Russians who were sitting and drinking nearby bestow the following words upon Lazar and Tevye:
(a) Enjoy everything.
(b) Heaven bless you both.
(c) Live long and prosper.
(d) Be well and merry.
3. Through Tevye's conversation with God, what do we learn about Tzeitel and Motel after their wedding?
(a) They're having trouble in their marriage.
(b) They're happy despite living in poverty.
(c) Lazar won't leave them alone.
(d) They're desperately struggling to get by.
4. Before Tevye arrives to talk with Lazar, the butcher orders what?
(a) Two glasses and a bottle of brandy.
(b) Two mugs of hot soup.
(c) A cup of coffee and a cup of tea.
(d) Two cups of coffee.
5. When Tevye asks Shprintze and Bielke if they want to take lessons from Perchik, how do the girls respond?
(a) They refuse.
(b) They ask their mother.
(c) They say they're not sure.
(d) They giggle and say yes.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the wedding ceremony progresses, the women of the village sing, "One season following another, Laden with ...:"
2. When Golde finds Perchik teaching her younger daughters, what does she say?
3. Some time after Perchik leaves the village, Yente comes by with a letter she picked up at the post office. It's from Perchik, and it's for ______________.
4. After Tevye gives Lazar permission to marry his daughter, the men go out into the street drunk. What fact does Lazar point out to Tevye?
5. When the townspeople Mordcha and Mendel complain toTevye that he forgot their orders for the Sabbath, what does he reply?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)