|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Tevye arrives to talk with Lazar, the butcher orders what?
(a) Two mugs of hot soup.
(b) Two cups of coffee.
(c) Two glasses and a bottle of brandy.
(d) A cup of coffee and a cup of tea.
2. Why does the constable give Tevye confidential information?
(a) He can't keep a secret.
(b) He owes Tevye a favor.
(c) He considers Tevye a friend.
(d) He's related to Tevye.
3. How many children does the matchmaker have?
(a) Three sons and a daughter.
(b) One son.
(d) Two daughters.
4. After Tevye gives Lazar permission to marry his daughter, the men go out into the street drunk. What fact does Lazar point out to Tevye?
(a) Both men are the same age.
(b) Tevye will be Lazar's papa.
(c) The Russians were rarely that cordial to them.
(d) Tzeitel will be the first of Tevye's daughters to marry.
5. When Tevye sings "If I Were A Rich Man," he says that he'd build a house with one staircase going up, one going down, and the third _____________.
(a) Going sideways.
(b) Extending into the cellar.
(c) Extending beyond the roof.
(d) Going nowhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Perchik explains where he came from, what does Mordcha sarcastically ask?
2. When Perchik praises Hodel's quick and witty tongue, Tevye says that _____________.
3. With Tevye, Lazar, and other men roaming the streets drunk, the constable appears. What does he ask?
4. Tevye convinces himself that by marrying Lazar, Tzeitel will never know what?
5. At the start of Act 1, Scene 2, Tevye enters pulling a cart. He addresses God, asking what?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)