|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tevye finds himself alone with the constable, what does the constable tell him?
(a) There will be a small demonstration in the village.
(b) The Tsar is watching them carefully.
(c) They should not make too much noise at the wedding.
(d) He will not arrest him for being drunk.
2. While Tevye is introducing his family to Perchik, Motel arrives. What does Tevye say about Motel?
(a) This is the town tailor.
(b) This is not mine.
(c) Here's our neighbor.
(d) Him, I don't know.
3. When the constable leaves after his private conversation with Tevye, what does Tevye ask God?
(a) Why he can never win.
(b) Why he got such news that day, of all days.
(c) Where he should take his family to live in peace.
(d) Why the Russians won't leave them alone.
4. Motel and Tzeitel have been friends since:
(a) Motel moved next door.
(b) They were babies.
(c) Tzeitel saved Motel's life.
(d) The fourth grade.
5. After Perchik explains where he came from, what does Mordcha sarcastically ask?
(a) Why he doesn't try to overthrow the Tsar.
(b) Why he doesn't just go back there.
(c) If that is where he learned to criticize elders.
(d) If everyone there is such a know it all.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Avram waves a newspaper, what terrible news from another town does he announce?
2. When Tevye asks Shprintze and Bielke if they want to take lessons from Perchik, how do the girls respond?
3. After Tevye asks God several "whys" following his conversation with the constable, how does he end his talk with God?
4. When Golde asks her daughter Chava if she has finished milking the cows, what does Chava accidentally drop?
5. As they make preparations for the Sabbath, what does Tzeitel urge Motel to do?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)