|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tevye asks Shprintze and Bielke if they want to take lessons from Perchik, how do the girls respond?
(a) They refuse.
(b) They ask their mother.
(c) They say they're not sure.
(d) They giggle and say yes.
2. When the Russians join in on the celebratory song and dance between Lazar, Tevye, and other Jews, what is part of the blessing they offer?
(a) May you have many children.
(b) May all your dreams come true.
(c) May life bring you abundance.
(d) May we live together in peace.
3. After Tevye asks God several "whys" following his conversation with the constable, how does he end his talk with God?
(a) Asks for protection for his family.
(b) Gives thanks for a husband for Tzeitel.
(c) Asks that Tzeitel will be happy with her husband.
(d) Gives thanks for his family.
4. Tevye tells Lazar that he always wanted a son but _______________.
(a) One a little younger than himself.
(b) Never even considered the butcher.
(c) They're more like brothers.
(d) Never expected such a rich one.
5. With Tevye, Lazar, and other men roaming the streets drunk, the constable appears. What does he ask?
(a) What they are celebrating.
(b) If their wives know where they are.
(c) If they know what time it is.
(d) Why they are being so loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tevye's conversation with the constable reveals that _______________.
2. When Golde and Tevye's daughters sing the "Matchmaker" song, which of the following is NOT part of the lyrics?
3. What does Golde tell Tevye about Lazar Wolf as Tevye tries to pray?
4. Where does Lazar say he sees Tzeitel every Thursday?
5. Before Tevye arrives to talk with Lazar, the butcher orders what?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)