|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tevye first offers Perchik a piece of cheese, why does Perchik decline?
(a) He doesn't trust Tevye.
(b) He doesn't want to look greedy.
(c) He just ate.
(d) He has no money.
2. What does Golde tell Tevye about Lazar Wolf as Tevye tries to pray?
(a) He will stop by soon.
(b) He wants to talk to him.
(c) He would be a good match for one of their daughters.
(d) He wants to marry one of their daughters.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of Tevye's daughters?
4. When one of her daughters reminds Golde that Tevye works hard, what does Golde say?
(a) She works hardest.
(b) The dairy cows do all the work.
(c) His horse works harder.
(d) Traditions are more important to him than work.
5. What is Motel's job?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Tevye thanks the constable for the privileged information, what else does he say?
2. When the townspeople Mordcha and Mendel complain toTevye that he forgot their orders for the Sabbath, what does he reply?
3. While Tevye is introducing his family to Perchik, Motel arrives. What does Tevye say about Motel?
4. After Golde talks to Tevye about Lazar Wolf, what does Tevye agree to do?
5. When Avram waves a newspaper, what terrible news from another town does he announce?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)