|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tevye talks to himself about Lazar, wondering whether or not to give permission for the marriage, he says that ______________.
(a) Tzeitel would be fine with marrying the butcher.
(b) This might be Tzeitel's only chance.
(c) Lazar would make an excellent husband.
(d) He never really liked Lazar.
2. Who stays behind to keep an eye on Motel's shop when he leaves for a few moments?
3. In the conversation Tevye holds with God some time after the wedding, he says that Tzeitel and Motel work very hard and are as poor as what?
(a) Newborn kittens.
(b) Cows without grass.
(c) Squirrels in winter.
(d) Birds without a nest.
4. In the lesson that Perchik tells Tevye's daughters about Laban and Jacob, what does Laban do?
(a) Abandons Jacob.
(b) Tricks Jacob.
(c) Steals from Jacob.
(d) Throws Jacob into a well.
5. Despite how the villagers feel about Motel and Tzeitel's upcoming wedding, what do they say to Motel?
(a) How could you?
(b) Be prosperous and fruitful.
(d) Good luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steps into Motel's shop when he steps out for a few moments?
2. Chava is reluctant to take the book Fyedka offers her. In the end, she _____________.
3. When Tevye and Lazar meet to talk, what does Tevye think they're discussing?
4. What kind of shop does Motel own?
5. When Perchik wants to know why Hodel is so interested in the rabbi's son, what does she say?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)