|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lazar tries to convince Tevye to agree to a marriage between him and Tzeitel by explaining that he's well off and ________________.
(a) She'll have nice clothes and furniture.
(b) He has a very big house.
(c) He'll take good care of her.
(d) She wouldn't have to clean because he has a housekeeper.
2. When Golde asks Tevye where his horse is, what does Tevye reply?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He's at the blacksmith's.
(c) He was stolen.
(d) He's at the veterinarian's.
3. When Motel tells Tevye that he wants to marry Tzeitel, he explains that a year ago, they _______________.
(a) Decided to marry each other and move to America.
(b) Were secretly engaged.
(c) Made a pledge to marry each other.
(d) Fell in love with each other.
4. What kind of shop does Motel own?
(a) Flower stand.
(b) Barber shop.
(c) Tailor shop.
(d) Fruit stand.
5. In the conversation Tevye holds with God some time after the wedding, he says that Tzeitel and Motel work very hard and are as poor as what?
(a) Birds without a nest.
(b) Newborn kittens.
(c) Squirrels in winter.
(d) Cows without grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the villagers feel about the news that Tzeitel will be marrying Motel instead of Lazar?
2. Despite how the villagers feel about Motel and Tzeitel's upcoming wedding, what do they say to Motel?
3. Through Tevye's conversation with God, what do we learn about Tzeitel and Motel after their wedding?
4. At the start of Act 1, Scene 2, Tevye enters pulling a cart. He addresses God, asking what?
5. In the lesson that Perchik tells Tevye's daughters about Laban and Jacob, what does Laban do?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)