|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Golde asks Tevye where his horse is, what does Tevye reply?
(a) He's at the blacksmith's.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He's at the veterinarian's.
(d) He was stolen.
2. When Tevye first offers Perchik a piece of cheese, why does Perchik decline?
(a) He doesn't want to look greedy.
(b) He doesn't trust Tevye.
(c) He has no money.
(d) He just ate.
3. Through Tevye's conversation with God, what do we learn about Tzeitel and Motel after their wedding?
(a) They're desperately struggling to get by.
(b) They're happy despite living in poverty.
(c) They're having trouble in their marriage.
(d) Lazar won't leave them alone.
4. Some time after the wedding and the ruckus created by Russian soldiers, Tevye sits outside his home, talking to God. What does he start out talking about?
(a) His blessings.
(b) His anger at the Russians.
(c) His anger at his daughters.
(d) His troubles.
5. How does Tevye react when he first learns that Lazar is interested in Tzeitel?
(a) He says Lazar is way too old.
(b) He's angry.
(c) He's surprised.
(d) He laughs uncontrollably.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Golde finds Perchik teaching her younger daughters, what does she say?
2. Who steps into Motel's shop when he steps out for a few moments?
3. When Sasha and another Russian harass Chava, what does Fyedka do?
4. When the townspeople Mordcha and Mendel complain toTevye that he forgot their orders for the Sabbath, what does he reply?
5. After the wedding, Tevye speaks to God and starts to say, "As the Good Book says ..." but then stops himself. What does he say right afterward?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)