|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the two Russians who were bothering Chava leave, what does Fyedka do?
(a) Apologizes to Chava.
(b) Reports their behavior to the constable.
(c) Wraps a bandage around his hand.
(d) Laughs at Chava.
2. Who steps into Motel's shop when he steps out for a few moments?
(b) Lazar Wolf.
(d) The constable.
3. Who is listening in as Perchik teaches Shprintze and Bielke?
4. When Perchik finally takes the cheese Tevye offers him, what does Tevye say?
(a) It's no crime being poor.
(b) Don't forget to thank God for it.
(c) The villagers can be trusted.
(d) There's always room for a bit of cheese.
5. After the wedding, Tevye speaks to God and starts to say, "As the Good Book says ..." but then stops himself. What does he say right afterward?
(a) Why should I tell you what the Good Book says?
(b) Oops, I forgot who I was talking to.
(c) Forgive me, I wasn't thinking.
(d) Ah, you already know what is written in the Good Book.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Yussel steps into Motel's shop to congratulate him for the upcoming wedding, what does Motel ask him?
2. Who stays behind to keep an eye on Motel's shop when he leaves for a few moments?
3. Some time after the wedding and the ruckus created by Russian soldiers, Tevye sits outside his home, talking to God. What does he start out talking about?
4. Hearing the news of the upcoming marriage, Russians who were sitting and drinking nearby bestow the following words upon Lazar and Tevye:
5. Perchik tells Hodel that traditions are changing in other places, with boys and girls holding hands and even doing what together?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)