|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The wedding of Tzeitel and Motel concludes with ________________.
(a) Tzeitel singing the bride song.
(b) Motel stepping on the wineglass to break it.
(c) Tzeitel removing her veil.
(d) Motel throwing his hat into the air.
2. As everyone sings "Sunrise, Sunset" in the wedding scene, Golde says, "Wasn't it yesterday when they ... :"
(a) Played hopscotch.
(b) Were small.
(c) Wore diapers.
(d) Made mud cakes.
3. When Lazar finally realizes that Tevye thinks he's talking about buying his cow, how does he react?
(a) Tells Tevye he can't possibly compare Tzeitel to a cow.
(b) Faints with shock and is resuscitated by the bartender.
(c) Scolds Tevye for thinking such a thing.
(d) Laughs and explains he's talking about marrying Tzeitel.
4. Hearing the news of the upcoming marriage, Russians who were sitting and drinking nearby bestow the following words upon Lazar and Tevye:
(a) Heaven bless you both.
(b) Be well and merry.
(c) Enjoy everything.
(d) Live long and prosper.
5. After the Sabbath, where does Tevye go to meet Lazar in order to talk to him?
(a) The inn.
(b) An expensive restaurant.
(c) The market.
(d) The general store.
Short Answer Questions
1. As guests enter during the wedding scene, what do they do?
2. At their wedding, where do Tzeitel and Motel stand relative to other people?
3. Tevye convinces himself that by marrying Lazar, Tzeitel will never know what?
4. At the wedding, after the rabbi prays over a glass goblet of wine, what do Tzeitel and Motel do?
5. At Motel and Tzeitel's wedding, who wonders if they'll be married one day?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)