|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At their wedding, what does Motel place over Tzeitel's head?
2. At Motel and Tzeitel's wedding, who wonders if they'll be married one day?
(a) Chava and Fyedka.
(b) Perchik and Hodel.
(c) The village's bachelors.
(d) Tevye's youngest daughters.
3. Once Tevye and Lazar agree to an arranged marriage between Lazar and Tzeitel, what do the men drink to?
(a) To abundance.
(b) To life.
(c) Marriage, family, and grandchildren.
(d) Health, wealth, and wisdom.
4. When Lazar finally realizes that Tevye thinks he's talking about buying his cow, how does he react?
(a) Scolds Tevye for thinking such a thing.
(b) Laughs and explains he's talking about marrying Tzeitel.
(c) Tells Tevye he can't possibly compare Tzeitel to a cow.
(d) Faints with shock and is resuscitated by the bartender.
5. Hearing the news of the upcoming marriage, Russians who were sitting and drinking nearby bestow the following words upon Lazar and Tevye:
(a) Enjoy everything.
(b) Be well and merry.
(c) Live long and prosper.
(d) Heaven bless you both.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the wedding of Tzeitel and Motel, where do the men and women go?
2. At their wedding, where do Tzeitel and Motel stand relative to other people?
3. When Hodel prepares to marry Perchik, Tevye worries that there will be no one to perform a proper marriage. Hodel assures him that _______________.
4. As the wedding ceremony progresses, the women of the village sing, "One season following another, Laden with ...:"
5. Where does Lazar say he sees Tzeitel every Thursday?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)