|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lazar tries to convince Tevye to agree to a marriage between him and Tzeitel by explaining that he's well off and ________________.
(a) He'll take good care of her.
(b) She wouldn't have to clean because he has a housekeeper.
(c) He has a very big house.
(d) She'll have nice clothes and furniture.
2. Hearing the news of the upcoming marriage, Russians who were sitting and drinking nearby bestow the following words upon Lazar and Tevye:
(a) Enjoy everything.
(b) Heaven bless you both.
(c) Be well and merry.
(d) Live long and prosper.
3. The wedding of Tzeitel and Motel concludes with ________________.
(a) Motel stepping on the wineglass to break it.
(b) Tzeitel removing her veil.
(c) Motel throwing his hat into the air.
(d) Tzeitel singing the bride song.
4. At their wedding, what does Motel place over Tzeitel's head?
5. How does Tevye react when he first learns that Lazar is interested in Tzeitel?
(a) He's surprised.
(b) He laughs uncontrollably.
(c) He says Lazar is way too old.
(d) He's angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the pair sits together at the railroad station ________________.
2. Why is one of Tevye's daughters going to Siberia?
3. At the wedding of Tzeitel and Motel, where do the men and women go?
4. As guests enter during the wedding scene, what do they do?
5. When Tevye and Lazar meet to talk, what does Tevye think they're discussing?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)