|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Englishman scarred?
(a) On his hands.
(b) On his face.
(c) On his back.
(d) On his chest.
2. In the story, "The End," with whom does the stranger converse?
(a) The store owner's son.
(b) The store owner.
(c) The black man.
(d) The stranger.
3. From what point of view is "Funes, The Memorious" written?
(a) First person.
(b) Second person omniscient.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person.
4. What talent does Ireneo Funes possess?
(a) He can create new languages.
(b) He can recite the entire dictionary.
(c) He always knows the correct time.
(d) He memorizes encyclopedias.
5. What happens during Jaromir Hladik's execution?
(a) Time slows down.
(b) The executioners misfire.
(c) The bullets fall short of his body.
(d) A sudden storm arises from the east.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the members of the Sect of the Phoenix have in common?
2. Where does Fergus Kilpatrick die?
3. In "The Form of the Sword," when does the Irish rebellion take place?
4. What language is spoken in the Sect of the Phoenix?
5. How do the stranger and the black man resolve their differences?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Englishman in "The Form of the Sword" receive the scar on his face?
2. Describe Ireneo Funes.
3. What irony is evident in the membership of the Sect of the Phoenix?
4. What is Jaromir Hladik's prayer?
5. In "Theme of the Traitor and Hero," what coincidences raise Ryan's suspicion?
6. What does Jaromir Hladik regret?
7. How is Fergus Kilpatrick both a traitor and a hero?
8. What secret does the Sect of the Phoenix keep?
9. How does Jaromir Hladik complete his play?
10. How does Erik Lonnrot discover the location of the fourth murder?
This section contains 1,221 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)