|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Irishman at the end of "The Form of the Sword"?
(a) He is taken away by the authorities.
(b) He runs away to France.
(c) He is shot by Moon.
(d) He is killed in the rebellion.
2. At what age does Ireneo Funes die?
3. What does Jaromir Hladik hear in a dream?
(a) He will change the world.
(b) The wind blowing his name.
(c) He will live forever.
(d) He will have the time to finish his play.
4. In "The Form of the Sword," when does the Irish rebellion take place?
(a) The mid-sixties.
(b) The early forties.
(c) The late thirties.
(d) The early twenties.
5. In the story, "The End," which character has lost a guitar duel?
(a) The stranger.
(b) The store owner.
(c) The black man.
(d) The store owner's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story, "The End," who has the stranger killed previously?
2. In "Death and the Compass," why do the police believe the rabbi was murdered?
3. Which character dies at the end of "The End"?
4. To what do scholars ascribe Nils Runeberg's odd beliefs?
5. What language is spoken in the Sect of the Phoenix?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discovery does Erik Lonnrot make about the murders at the fourth crime scene?
2. How does the Englishman in "The Form of the Sword" receive the scar on his face?
3. How is Fergus Kilpatrick both a traitor and a hero?
4. What unusual theories does Nils Runeberg propose?
5. Describe Ireneo Funes.
6. Why does Ireneo Funes suffer from insomnia?
7. Who is the traitor scheduled for execution in "Theme of the Traitor and Hero"?
8. How does Jaromir Hladik complete his play?
9. What unique abilities does Ireneo Funes possess?
10. How is "Three Versions of Judas" designed to deceive the reader?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)