|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story, "The End," who has the stranger killed previously?
(a) His brother.
(b) The black man's brother.
(c) The black man.
(d) The store owner's son.
2. What conclusion does Ryan make about the murder of Fergus Kilpatrick?
(a) It was intentionally plotted to resemble Caesar's death.
(b) It never occured.
(c) Kilpatrick committed suicide.
(d) It was designed to incite a rebellion.
3. How long does John Vincent Moon hide while the Irishman fights in the rebellion?
(a) A week.
(b) Three days.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
4. What nationality is Jaromir Hladik?
5. What does Ireneo Funes ask to borrow from the narrator?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A pen.
(d) A coat.
6. Where is the Englishman scarred?
(a) On his hands.
(b) On his back.
(c) On his face.
(d) On his chest.
7. Who is John Vincent Moon?
(a) The Englishman.
(b) The narrator.
(c) The Irishman.
(d) Ireneo Funes.
8. Which American President is compared with Fergus Kilpatrick?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
9. Why does Erik Lonnrot believe the rabbi was murdered?
(a) As part of a botched robbery.
(b) As part of a crime of passion.
(c) As part of a hate crime.
(d) He offended a group of religious people.
10. What is the Sect of the Phoenix?
(a) A temple.
(b) A school.
(c) A Chamber of Commerce.
(d) A secret organization.
11. To whom does Nils Runeberg compare Judas?
12. Which Shakespearean character is compared with Fergus Kilpatrick?
(a) Marcus Brutus.
(b) Julius Caesar.
13. From what point of view is "Funes, The Memorious" written?
(a) Second person omniscient.
(b) First person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Third person.
14. What does the narrator ask the Englishman after dinner?
(a) When he fought in the war.
(b) How he received his scar.
(c) Where he can find a telephone.
(d) Why the room is so dark.
15. Why does Scharlach lead Erik Lonnrot to the location of the fourth murder?
(a) Out of guilt.
(b) To turn in his deranged brother.
(c) To kill him for arresting his brother.
(d) The fourth victim is his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Irishman at the end of "The Form of the Sword"?
2. What do the members of the Sect of the Phoenix call themselves?
3. What is the name of Jaromir Hladik's unfinished play?
4. At what age does Ireneo Funes die?
5. Who is Jaromir Hladik?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)