|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what point of view is "Theme of the Traitor and Hero" written?
(a) Third person.
(b) Second person omniscient.
(c) Second person.
(d) First person.
2. What happens to Jaromir Hladik at the end of "The Secret Miracle"?
(a) He is executed.
(b) He escapes, but dies of typhus a few weeks later.
(c) He escapes.
(d) He vanishes with the wind.
3. In "Death and the Compass," what do the police find at each crime scene?
(a) Letters for a specific name for God.
(b) A red rose.
(c) A letter to a printing company.
(d) A knife.
4. Who is Ryan?
(a) The great grandson of Fergus Kilpatrick.
(b) A friend of of Fergus Kilpatrick.
(c) An Irish rebel.
(d) The Taoiseach of Ireland.
5. In "The Form of the Sword," when does the Irish rebellion take place?
(a) The late thirties.
(b) The early twenties.
(c) The mid-sixties.
(d) The early forties.
6. What nationality is Jaromir Hladik?
7. What talent does Ireneo Funes possess?
(a) He memorizes encyclopedias.
(b) He can recite the entire dictionary.
(c) He can create new languages.
(d) He always knows the correct time.
8. Which Shakespearean character is compared with Fergus Kilpatrick?
(b) Julius Caesar.
(d) Marcus Brutus.
9. What does Ireneo Funes ask to borrow from the narrator?
(a) A pen.
(b) A scarf.
(d) A coat.
10. Which character dies at the end of "The End"?
(a) The stranger.
(b) The store owner.
(c) The store owner's son.
(d) The black man.
11. In "Death and the Compass," what do the police receive in the mail after the third murder?
(a) A lock of hair.
(b) A map.
(c) A knife.
(d) A confession.
12. Why does Erik Lonnrot believe the third man in "Death and the Compass" was murdered?
(a) He offended a group of religious people.
(b) As part of a hate crime.
(c) As part of a botched robbery.
(d) As part of a crime of passion.
13. What happens to the Irishman at the end of "The Form of the Sword"?
(a) He is taken away by the authorities.
(b) He runs away to France.
(c) He is shot by Moon.
(d) He is killed in the rebellion.
14. Where does Fergus Kilpatrick die?
(a) In the theater.
(b) In a barn.
(c) In England.
(d) In his bed.
15. To what do scholars ascribe Nils Runeberg's odd beliefs?
(a) His insomnia.
(b) His upbringing.
(d) Mental illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jaromir Hladik's unfinished play?
2. In the story, "The End," which character has lost a guitar duel?
3. What language is spoken in the Sect of the Phoenix?
4. What happens during Jaromir Hladik's execution?
5. How does Fergus Kilpatrick die?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)