|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is allowed to be a part of the Sect of the Phoenix?
(a) Anyone and everyone.
(b) Anyone who can pass the exam.
(c) Men over the age of 60.
(d) Only men.
2. From what point of view is "Funes, The Memorious" written?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person.
(c) Second person omniscient.
(d) Second person.
3. At what age does Ireneo Funes die?
4. Which American President is compared with Fergus Kilpatrick?
(b) John F. Kennedy.
5. From what illness does Nils Runeberg suffer?
6. Who is James Alexander Nolan?
(a) A friend of Fergus Kilpatrick.
(b) The great grandson of Fergus Kilpatrick.
(c) The Taoiseach of Ireland.
(d) An Englishman.
7. From what point of view is "Theme of the Traitor and Hero" written?
(a) Third person.
(b) Second person omniscient.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
8. What is the Sect of the Phoenix?
(a) A temple.
(b) A school.
(c) A secret organization.
(d) A Chamber of Commerce.
9. In "The Form of the Sword," when does the Irish rebellion take place?
(a) The mid-sixties.
(b) The late thirties.
(c) The early forties.
(d) The early twenties.
10. How does Ireneo Funes die?
(a) From a blood clot in his brain.
(b) From heart failure.
(c) By falling out of bed.
(d) He is shot.
11. In his anger, how does the Irishman injure John Vincent Moon?
(a) He strikes Moon's broken leg.
(b) He whips Moon's back.
(c) He slashes Moon in the face.
(d) He burns Moon's hands.
12. What happens to Jaromir Hladik at the end of "The Secret Miracle"?
(a) He escapes, but dies of typhus a few weeks later.
(b) He escapes.
(c) He is executed.
(d) He vanishes with the wind.
13. What does Jaromir Hladik ask God for in a prayer?
(a) To make him famous.
(b) Time to finish his play.
(c) To spare his life.
(d) To punish his captors.
14. What talent does Ireneo Funes possess?
(a) He can create new languages.
(b) He always knows the correct time.
(c) He memorizes encyclopedias.
(d) He can recite the entire dictionary.
15. Who is most likely the traitor that Fergus Kilpatrick sentences to death?
(a) James Alexander Nolan.
(b) Fergus Kilpatrick.
(d) The narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Nils Runeberg compare Judas?
2. Why does Scharlach lead Erik Lonnrot to the location of the fourth murder?
3. How is John Vincent Moon wounded?
4. What language is spoken in the Sect of the Phoenix?
5. What type of play is Jaromir Hladik writing?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)