Short Essay Questions Key
1. In "Tlon, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius," what dispute arises from the discussion about mirrors?
2. What is discovered among the late Herbert Ashe's belongings?
3. What is the most important possession to the people of Tlon?
4. What revelation does the narrator have about Uqbar and Tlon at the end of the story, "Tlon, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius"?
5. Why is the student trying to find Al-Mu'tasim?
6. Describe Al-Mu'tasim.
7. What is the significance of the student in "The Approach of Al-Mu'tasim" relinquishing his social status?
8. According to the narrator, what is the most important theme of "The Approach of Al-Mu'tasim"?
9. Describe Pierre Menard.
10. What opinion does Pierre Menard have of Cervantes' "Don Quixote"?
11. What opinion does the narrator of "Pierre Menard, Author of Don Quixote" have of Menard's work?
12. What is the irony prevalent in "Pierre Menard, Author of Don Quixote"?
13. Describe the first dream from "The Circular Ruins."
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)