|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, The Garden of Forking Paths, The Circular Ruins.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Tlon, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius", what is unique about the description of the country in the The Anglo-American Encyclopedia?
(a) The laws of nature have been reversed.
(b) It exists on only one copy of the encyclopedia.
(c) Mirrors there do not reflect images.
(d) It exists on two worlds.
2. What does the protagonist of "The Circular Ruins" love to do?
3. Which Menard manuscript describes the possibility of a new vocabulary?
(a) A monograph.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A script for Don Quixote.
(d) A sonnet.
4. What happens to the blind astrologer in "The Approach of Al-Mu'tasim"?
(a) He suddenly disappears.
(b) He dies.
(c) He falls from the tower.
(d) He is healed.
5. In "The Approach to Al-Mu'tasim," where does the student go after he leaves Indapur?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the protagonist of "The Circular Ruins" dream of doing?
2. In "Tlon, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius", from what source does one of the men quote?
3. In "The Approach to Al-Mu'tasim," why does the student decide to travel the country?
4. Who examines Pierre Menard's manuscripts?
5. How does Pierre Menard describe the work of Edgar Allen Poe?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)