|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Artifices, The Form of the Sword.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the blind astrologer in "The Approach of Al-Mu'tasim"?
(a) He dies.
(b) He is healed.
(c) He suddenly disappears.
(d) He falls from the tower.
2. According to the narrator, what is the most important theme of "The Approach of Al-Mu'tasim"?
(a) Anger destroys the soul.
(b) Peace is found through humble apology.
(c) Revenge poisons the vengeful.
(d) The journey is more important than the destination.
3. What does the protagonist of "The Circular Ruins" dream of doing?
4. In his anger, how does the Irishman injure John Vincent Moon?
(a) He whips Moon's back.
(b) He slashes Moon in the face.
(c) He strikes Moon's broken leg.
(d) He burns Moon's hands.
5. What does Dr. Stephen Albert believe is hidden in Ts'ui Pen's novel?
(a) A map.
(b) A drawing.
(c) A poem.
(d) A labyrinth.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what point of view is "The Approach of Al-Mu'tasim" written?
2. How does the Irishman rescue John Vincent Moon?
3. What fear does the protagonist of "The Circular Ruins" have for his son?
4. To whom does the protagonist in "The Circular Ruins" pray?
5. Where is the Englishman scarred?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)