|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mattie and Eliza place the mattress?
2. Who comes back to town exciting all the customers?
3. Who is with Mrs. Cook?
4. What is the response of the customers in the coffeehouse when Mattie and her mother enter?
5. How does Mattie react when she is reunited with Eliza?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the themes FEVER, 1793 addresses is motivation. Discuss what the novel has to say about this theme. Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas. Do you believe that the novel does a good job of expounding on this theme? Defend your answer.
Essay Topic 2
In FEVER, 1793 the author presents viewpoints on the themes of fear and perseverance vs. hope.
1) Describe the viewpoints presented on each of these themes.
2) Describe the characters presenting each of these themes.
3) Discuss the role that each of this conflict plays in the novel. Then discuss which the author thinks is more powerful.
Support your ideas with specific examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
At times throughout the novel Mattie and Eliza depend on one another. Look back through the novel and:
1) Describe how their relationship evolves.
2) Discuss the impact that their relationship has at each point in the novel.
Use specific examples from the text to support your ideas.
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)