Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How regularly did Mattie bathe before the fever?
2. What was Mattie dreaming about at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. What does Mattie decide is the only way to find Eliza?
4. What does Mattie decide she needs at the beginning of Chapter 18?
5. When is Mattie's favorite time to take a walk with Nathaniel?
Essay Topic 1
One of the topics that FEVER, 1793 addresses is the contrast between how the city was before the epidemic and how the city is after the epidemic. In your essay:
1) Describe the city before the epidemic.
2) Describe the city after the epidemic.
3) Analyze the similarities and differences between these two periods.
Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is an important topic in this novel.
1) Describe the different ways friendship is presented in the book in detail
2) Then discuss the message the author is trying to make about friendships. In other words, what is her view of friendships? What does she think is important in a friendship? What does she do to show the reader this is her belief?
Be sure to cite specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
In FEVER, 1793 the author presents viewpoints on the themes of fear and perseverance vs. hope.
1) Describe the viewpoints presented on each of these themes.
2) Describe the characters presenting each of these themes.
3) Discuss the role that each of this conflict plays in the novel. Then discuss which the author thinks is more powerful.
Support your ideas with specific examples from the novel.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)