|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mattie not want to wake Grandfather for help?
2. When was the Free African Society founded?
3. What insect spreads Yellow Fever?
4. What was keeping Mattie's mother from resting while she was in the country?
5. What do medical experts believe about Dr.Rush's treatments of the Yellow Fever patients?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Eliza and Mrs. Cook. In your essay:
1) Describe Eliza (focus on her physical appearance as well as her personality).
2) Describe Mrs. Cook focus on her physical appearance as well as her personality).
3) Analyze their similarities and differences.
Use specific examples from the text to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
In FEVER, 1793 the author presents viewpoints on the themes of fear and perseverance vs. hope.
1) Describe the viewpoints presented on each of these themes.
2) Describe the characters presenting each of these themes.
3) Discuss the role that each of this conflict plays in the novel. Then discuss which the author thinks is more powerful.
Support your ideas with specific examples from the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 26 Mattie states, "Yellow Fever had certainly done away with vanity." What do you think she means by this statement? How would you have reacted if your "vanity" was taken away by disease? Why?
Be sure to cite specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
This section contains 1,294 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)