|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How regularly did Mattie bathe before the fever?
2. What was Mattie dreaming about at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. What does Mattie decide is the only way to find Eliza?
4. What does Mattie decide she needs at the beginning of Chapter 18?
5. When is Mattie's favorite time to take a walk with Nathaniel?
Essay Topic 1
One of the topics that FEVER, 1793 addresses is the contrast between how the city was before the epidemic and how the city is after the epidemic. In your essay:
1) Describe the city before the epidemic.
2) Describe the city after the epidemic.
3) Analyze the similarities and differences between these two periods.
Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Look at the first chapter and the epilogue. There are many similarities and differences between these two chapters. Compare and contrast these two chapters paying particular attention to the main characters. Be sure to cite specific examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Mattie and her mother's relationship develops and their bond is strengthened through absence.
1) Describe their relationship at several points in the novel.
2) Explain how their relationship changes.
3) Analyze why this change happens. What causes it to happen?
Use evidence from the novel to support your ideas.
This section contains 1,276 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)