Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How regularly did Mattie bathe before the fever?
2. What was Mattie dreaming about at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. What does Mattie decide is the only way to find Eliza?
4. What does Mattie decide she needs at the beginning of Chapter 18?
5. When is Mattie's favorite time to take a walk with Nathaniel?
Essay Topic 1
At times throughout the novel Mattie and Eliza depend on one another. Look back through the novel and:
1) Describe how their relationship evolves.
2) Discuss the impact that their relationship has at each point in the novel.
Use specific examples from the text to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Mattie's mother and grandfather have a strong influence on her. Describe at least three ways that Mattie's family influences her development then discuss and analyze the impact these have on her. Is she better or worse for these influences? Why? Be sure to cite several examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Mattie and her mother's relationship develops and their bond is strengthened through absence.
1) Describe their relationship at several points in the novel.
2) Explain how their relationship changes.
3) Analyze why this change happens. What causes it to happen?
Use evidence from the novel to support your ideas.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)