|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mattie and Eliza take the children?
2. At the end of chapter 17 what does Mattie do?
3. When Eliza and Mattie get back to Joseph's what do they find?
4. Why did the tall man want to catch Mattie?
5. Who comes back to town exciting all the customers?
Essay Topic 1
In FEVER, 1793, a few minor characters have a major impact on the story line. Select one of the following minor characters to analyze: Mrs. Cook, Joseph, Nathaniel Benson, Nell, Mother Smith. Discuss:
1) The personality (character traits) of this character.
2) The relationship between this minor character and the major characters in the story.
3) The impact of this character on the story line--How does s/he influence the overall story line? How would the story be different if this character was removed?
Essay Topic 2
The coffee shop is an important setting in the novel. Discuss the significance of this setting focusing on its impact on plot and character development. Then discuss how the story would be different if the story were set elsewhere. Be sure to cite several examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
One of the themes FEVER, 1793 addresses is motivation. Discuss what the novel has to say about this theme. Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas. Do you believe that the novel does a good job of expounding on this theme? Defend your answer.
This section contains 1,297 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)