Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How regularly did Mattie bathe before the fever?
2. What was Mattie dreaming about at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. What does Mattie decide is the only way to find Eliza?
4. What does Mattie decide she needs at the beginning of Chapter 18?
5. When is Mattie's favorite time to take a walk with Nathaniel?
Essay Topic 1
The coffee shop is an important setting in the novel. Discuss the significance of this setting focusing on its impact on plot and character development. Then discuss how the story would be different if the story were set elsewhere. Be sure to cite several examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Mattie goes through several rites of passage in this novel. In your essay:
1) Describe at least two events that help usher her into adulthood.
2) Then discuss how these events help make her a "woman".
Be sure to cite several examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
One of the themes FEVER, 1793 addresses is motivation. Discuss what the novel has to say about this theme. Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas. Do you believe that the novel does a good job of expounding on this theme? Defend your answer.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)