Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How regularly did Mattie bathe before the fever?
2. What was Mattie dreaming about at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. What does Mattie decide is the only way to find Eliza?
4. What does Mattie decide she needs at the beginning of Chapter 18?
5. When is Mattie's favorite time to take a walk with Nathaniel?
Essay Topic 1
One of the topics that FEVER, 1793 addresses is the contrast between how the city was before the epidemic and how the city is after the epidemic. In your essay:
1) Describe the city before the epidemic.
2) Describe the city after the epidemic.
3) Analyze the similarities and differences between these two periods.
Cite several specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Mattie goes through several rites of passage in this novel. In your essay:
1) Describe at least two events that help usher her into adulthood.
2) Then discuss how these events help make her a "woman".
Be sure to cite several examples from the novel to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
FEVER, 1793 presents and comments on death and disease.
1) Discuss how each of these ideas is presented in the novel.
2) Then examine the author's view on the topics. What commentary do you think she is trying to make about death and disease? Why?
Be sure to support your ideas with evidence from the novel.
This section contains 1,276 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)