|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eliza go in the morning?
(a) To care for the sick.
(b) To look for Mattie's mother.
(c) To the market.
(d) To the coffee house.
2. At the end of chapter 17 what does Mattie do?
(a) Go to the market to buy food.
(b) Offer up a prayer of Thanksgiving.
(d) Wash Silas.
3. What did Mother Smith have sent to the cooperage?
(a) A preacher.
(b) A cart.
(c) A doctor.
4. What does Mattie ask Mr. Brown to do?
(a) Take her home and feed her.
(b) Place an ad to help her find her mother.
(c) Let her work for him.
(d) Help her find Eliza.
5. What treatment did the doctor prescribe for Mrs. Cook?
(a) To get back to work.
(b) Several medications.
(c) To live a life of leisure.
(d) To exercise regularly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joseph crying?
2. Who does Mattie think she sees when she is walking to get help for Nell?
3. Who does Nell cry out for?
4. Where does Eliza take Mattie and Nell?
5. What does Mattie say her mother felt like?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Mattie feel that there are ghosts nearby?
2. Why does Mattie feel her mother would be proud of her?
3. Why will Mattie and Eliza have to go through lawyers in order to be partners?
4. Why did Mattie's mother take a horse from the Ludingtons' farm and ride off?
5. Why does Mattie promise her mother that she will not wear her clothes.
6. How are people who left the city acting differently from those who stayed in the city?
7. Why does Mattie feel like a traitor when she is walking Nell to the orphan house?
8. What does Mattie find when she goes to the market?
9. Why can the children not stay at the cooperage?
10. Why does Mattie tell Eliza all of the details about what she has been through?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)