|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of Washington Square?
(a) It is where Washington died.
(b) It is where Washington is buried.
(c) There is no signifigance.
(d) It is where many fever victims are buried.
2. Why does Joseph not come to the coffeehouse?
(a) He is coming the next day.
(b) Because he is still ill.
(c) Because he cannot bare it.
(d) Because he does not agree with taking them to the coffee house.
3. What is a cooper?
(a) A babysitter.
(b) A bread maker.
(c) A barrel maker.
(d) A basket weaver.
4. What errand do the boys run?
(a) They work in the garden.
(b) They get the sugar.
(c) They get the milk.
(d) They get the newspapers.
5. What does Eliza see when she looks at the boy's eyes?
(a) They are normal.
(b) They will not open.
(c) They are watering.
(d) They are blood-shot and yellow-stained.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will she start her plan for the future?
2. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
3. Who sends Mattie, Eliza, and the children a lot of food?
4. Who is Jean Pierre Blanchard?
5. What has Mattie decided to do with her future?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can the children not stay at the cooperage?
2. Why does Mother Smith suggest that Mattie is doing more harm than good to Nell?
3. Why does Mattie promise her mother that she will not wear her clothes.
4. Why does Mattie say that it is more difficult to care for children?
5. How did the Ludingtons try to find Mattie?
6. At the end of Chapter 18 what does Mattie daydream about?
7. Why does Grandfather allow Mattie to order him to bed when they reach the coffeehouse?
8. Find two examples of how people showed fear and panic during the epidemic.
9. Why did Mattie's mother take a horse from the Ludingtons' farm and ride off?
10. What does Eliza suggest that Mattie and Nell should do until the epidemic is over?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)