|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie want to deliver to the State House?
(a) Free cakes.
(b) Free coffee.
(d) Take-out menus.
2. What does Mattie ask Mr. Brown to do?
(a) Let her work for him.
(b) Take her home and feed her.
(c) Help her find Eliza.
(d) Place an ad to help her find her mother.
3. What percent of Philadelphia's population was killed by the Yellow Fever epidemic?
4. What do medical experts believe about Dr.Rush's treatments of the Yellow Fever patients?
(a) That the treatments saved many patients.
(b) They they were revolutionary.
(c) That the treatments killed many patients.
(d) That the treatments did not harm his patients.
5. What wakes Mattie?
(a) Heavy footsteps outside the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mattie's mother fuss about?
2. How does Mattie escape the drunken soldier?
3. What does Mattie do for clean clothes?
4. What is proving to be a good way to get more customers to spend more money?
5. To whom is Mattie referring when she says, "Here is a familiar face,"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mattie give thanks for at the end of Chapter 17?
2. Find two examples of how people showed fear and panic during the epidemic.
3. What does Eliza suggest that Mattie and Nell should do until the epidemic is over?
4. What type of information does Mr. Brown say that he is now reporting in his newspaper?
5. Why does Mattie feel like a traitor when she is walking Nell to the orphan house?
6. How did the Ludingtons try to find Mattie?
7. Does Yellow Fever still exist and if so where?
8. Why does Mattie say that it is more difficult to care for children?
9. How does Mattie get rid of the robbers?
10. When does Mattie feel that there are ghosts nearby?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)