|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Grandfather and Mattie find when they walk into the coffeehouse?
(a) That is Eliza is there.
(b) It has been looted.
(c) That everything is just as they left it.
(d) That Mrs. Cook is back.
2. Who offers to design the handbill?
(c) A customer at the coffee house.
3. What does Mattie see when she wakes up in the garden?
(c) Her mother.
4. Where does Eliza go in the morning?
(a) To care for the sick.
(b) To look for Mattie's mother.
(c) To the coffee house.
(d) To the market.
5. What does Mattie find in the garden that makes her dance?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the response of the customers in the coffeehouse when Mattie and her mother enter?
2. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
3. What is proving to be a good way to get more customers to spend more money?
4. What does Mattie do for clean clothes?
5. What insect spreads Yellow Fever?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can the children not stay at the cooperage?
2. Does Yellow Fever still exist and if so where?
3. What does Eliza suggest that Mattie and Nell should do until the epidemic is over?
4. What is Eliza's reaction when she sees Mattie?
5. How are people who left the city acting differently from those who stayed in the city?
6. When does Mattie feel that there are ghosts nearby?
7. What type of information does Mr. Brown say that he is now reporting in his newspaper?
8. Why does Mattie promise her mother that she will not wear her clothes.
9. What does Mattie find when she goes to the market?
10. Why does Mattie tell Eliza all of the details about what she has been through?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)