|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mattie given at the market?
(a) Some bread.
(b) Two hens and some eggs.
(d) A pumpkin.
2. What does Elza tell Mattie about Mrs. Cook?
(a) That the last time Eliza saw Mrs. Cook she was still ill.
(b) That the last time Eliza saw Mrs. Cook she was going to the market.
(c) That the last time Eliza saw Mrs. Cook she was going to meet Mattie and Grandfather at the farm.
(d) That the last time Eliza saw Mrs. Cook she was planning on staying at the coffee house until Mattie comes home.
3. Who offers to design the handbill?
(c) A customer at the coffee house.
4. What do Grandfather and Mattie find when they look upstairs?
(a) It has been looted.
(b) Everything is just as they left it.
(c) That Eliza is back.
(d) That Mrs. Cook is back.
5. How does Mattie help the man pushing the cart?
(a) She does not help.
(b) She gets a man from the street to help.
(c) She takes one of the handles.
(d) She fixes the cart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has come into the coffeehouse?
2. How does Mattie keep the children out of the kitchen when she and Eliza are cooking?
3. How many people does Mr.Brown tell Mattie have died?
4. When Eliza and Mattie get back to Joseph's what do they find?
5. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mattie tell Eliza that the children should not be bled?
2. What does Mattie find when she goes to the market?
3. Why did some people wait until George Washington returned to come back to the city?
4. Why does Mother Smith suggest that Mattie is doing more harm than good to Nell?
5. What is Mattie and Nell's relationship at this point?
6. When does Mattie feel that there are ghosts nearby?
7. Why does Grandfather allow Mattie to order him to bed when they reach the coffeehouse?
8. How did the Ludingtons try to find Mattie?
9. What does Eliza suggest that Mattie and Nell should do until the epidemic is over?
10. What happens when Grandfather comes downstairs?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)