|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie want to deliver to the State House?
(b) Take-out menus.
(c) Free cakes.
(d) Free coffee.
2. Where does Eliza go in the morning?
(a) To the coffee house.
(b) To the market.
(c) To look for Mattie's mother.
(d) To care for the sick.
3. Who does Mattie walk home with?
(a) Mrs. Cook.
(b) Nathaniel Benson.
(c) Mrs. Epler.
4. What does Nell want from Eliza?
(a) To play.
(b) A home.
(d) A kiss.
5. What is the one thing Mattie says Mother Smith does well?
(a) Care for the boys.
(d) Tells stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Mattie?
2. What has Mattie decided to do with her future?
3. Who is with Mrs. Cook?
4. At the end of chapter 17 what does Mattie do?
5. Who wakes Mattie up on her first morning back home?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mattie goes to Simon's house what is she looking for and what does she find?
2. What does Eliza suggest that Mattie and Nell should do until the epidemic is over?
3. Why does Mattie feel her mother would be proud of her?
4. Why did some people wait until George Washington returned to come back to the city?
5. Why does Mattie promise her mother that she will not wear her clothes.
6. Why does Mother Smith suggest that Mattie is doing more harm than good to Nell?
7. Why does Eliza move the furniture outside?
8. Why does Mattie say that it is more difficult to care for children?
9. Find two examples of how people showed fear and panic during the epidemic.
10. What does Mattie give thanks for at the end of Chapter 17?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)