|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What errand do the boys run?
(a) They get the milk.
(b) They get the newspapers.
(c) They work in the garden.
(d) They get the sugar.
2. Who does Mattie plan to visit on Sunday?
(a) Polly's mother.
(c) Mother Smith.
(d) Mrs. Epler.
3. How does Mattie react when she is reunited with Eliza?
(a) She cries and cries in Eliza's arms.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She faints.
(d) She laughs.
4. Who wakes Mattie up on her first morning back home?
(c) People on the street.
5. One of the neighbors suggests that Mattie can find help for Nell by talking to whom?
(a) Mr. Brown.
(b) A nun.
(c) Someone at the orphan house.
(d) Reverend Allen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a cooper?
2. At the end of chapter 17 what does Mattie do?
3. Who offers to design the handbill?
4. What does Mattie demand from the gravediggers?
5. When Eliza and Mattie get back to Joseph's what do they find?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eliza move the furniture outside?
2. What does Mattie give thanks for at the end of Chapter 17?
3. Why does Mattie feel her mother would be proud of her?
4. When does Mattie feel that there are ghosts nearby?
5. Why does Mattie promise her mother that she will not wear her clothes.
6. What does Mattie find when she goes to the market?
7. How did the Ludingtons try to find Mattie?
8. Why did some people wait until George Washington returned to come back to the city?
9. Why does Grandfather allow Mattie to order him to bed when they reach the coffeehouse?
10. What does the short excerpt at the beginning of the chapter foreshadow?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)