|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eliza tells Mattie that she can go home what is Mattie's response?
(a) She thanks Eliza and leaves.
(b) She leaves and go to find Nathaniel.
(c) She wants to continue working.
(d) She becomes angry at the suggestion.
2. Who will be her partner?
(d) Mother Smith.
3. Why does Mrs. Ludington have to return to the farm?
(a) She promised her husband she would return quickly.
(b) She does not enjoy the city.
(c) She is ill.
(d) Her husband is ill.
4. How many people does Mr.Brown tell Mattie have died?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) Five thousand.
(d) One thousand.
5. What errand do the boys run?
(a) They get the milk.
(b) They get the sugar.
(c) They get the newspapers.
(d) They work in the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mattie given at the market?
2. What does Mattie decide she needs at the beginning of Chapter 18?
3. What is the response of the customers in the coffeehouse when Mattie and her mother enter?
4. Who is Jean Pierre Blanchard?
5. Who is in charge when Eliza is away?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)