|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mattie and Eliza take the children?
(a) To Bush Hill.
(b) To the coffeehouse.
(c) To the market.
(d) To the orphan house.
2. What does Mattie demand from the gravediggers?
(a) That they not bury Grandfather without a prayer.
(b) That they put the portrait with Grandfather.
(c) That they bury him immediately.
(d) That they dig a separate grave for Grandfather.
3. Who is Joseph?
(a) Eliza's brother.
(b) Nell's father.
(c) The farmer at the market.
(d) Eliza's husband.
4. What do Grandfather and Mattie find when they look upstairs?
(a) Everything is just as they left it.
(b) It has been looted.
(c) That Mrs. Cook is back.
(d) That Eliza is back.
5. What does Eliza see when she looks at the boy's eyes?
(a) They are normal.
(b) They will not open.
(c) They are blood-shot and yellow-stained.
(d) They are watering.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the neighbors suggests that Mattie can find help for Nell by talking to whom?
2. Who offers to design the handbill?
3. How does Mattie keep the children quiet in the morning?
4. What does Elza tell Mattie about Mrs. Cook?
5. Who is Jean Pierre Blanchard?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mattie goes to Simon's house what is she looking for and what does she find?
2. Why is the Sharp home destroyed inside?
3. Does Yellow Fever still exist and if so where?
4. Why does Mattie tell Eliza all of the details about what she has been through?
5. What does Mattie give thanks for at the end of Chapter 17?
6. How does Mattie get rid of the robbers?
7. Why does Eliza move the furniture outside?
8. At the end of Chapter 18 what does Mattie daydream about?
9. Why did Mattie's mother take a horse from the Ludingtons' farm and ride off?
10. How are people who left the city acting differently from those who stayed in the city?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)