|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nell sleep?
(a) With Mrs. Cook.
(b) With Eliza.
(c) With Mattie.
(d) With the twins.
2. Who wakes Mattie up on her first morning back home?
(b) People on the street.
3. One of the neighbors suggests that Mattie can find help for Nell by talking to whom?
(a) Someone at the orphan house.
(b) A nun.
(c) Mr. Brown.
(d) Reverend Allen.
4. Why is Grandfather unable to hang his sword above the fireplace?
(a) Because it has been stolen.
(b) Because it wants to keep on him in case he needs it.
(c) Because he is afraid that it will get stolen.
(d) Because his arms are shaking.
5. What does Mattie get from the coffeehouse for Grandfather's burial?
(a) His sword.
(b) The portrait of Grandmother.
(c) His clothing.
(d) The strongbox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mattie and Eliza take the children?
2. What did Mother Smith have sent to the cooperage?
3. Who is Jean Pierre Blanchard?
4. Why does Mattie not want to wake Grandfather for help?
5. What does Mattie's mother fuss about?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mattie goes to Simon's house what is she looking for and what does she find?
2. How did the Ludingtons try to find Mattie?
3. Why does Grandfather allow Mattie to order him to bed when they reach the coffeehouse?
4. Find two examples of how people showed fear and panic during the epidemic.
5. What does Mattie find when she goes to the market?
6. Why will Mattie and Eliza have to go through lawyers in order to be partners?
7. What is Eliza's reaction when she sees Mattie?
8. What is Mattie and Nell's relationship at this point?
9. Why is the Sharp home destroyed inside?
10. Does Yellow Fever still exist and if so where?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)