|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the tall man want to catch Mattie?
(a) She will tell them where the money is hidden.
(b) They want to help her.
(c) They are trying to kill her.
(d) They think that she has the fever.
2. Who has come into the coffeehouse?
(b) People wanting coffee.
3. How is Nell acting throughout Chapter 21?
(a) She will not stop crying.
(b) She will not stop talking.
(c) She will not let go of Mattie.
(d) She will not let Mattie touch her.
4. Why does Eliza tell Mattie that she should eat slowly?
(a) So that Mattie will not get sick again.
(b) Because Eliza wants to make sure she get some.
(c) Because there is not enough food.
(d) So that she will not enough so much.
5. What treatment did the doctor prescribe for Mrs. Cook?
(a) To exercise regularly.
(b) To get back to work.
(c) Several medications.
(d) To live a life of leisure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mother Smith have sent to the cooperage?
2. What is the response of the customers in the coffeehouse when Mattie and her mother enter?
3. Who does Mattie plan to visit on Sunday?
4. Who offers to design the handbill?
5. When is Mattie's favorite time to take a walk with Nathaniel?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)