|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie find at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A dog.
(d) An orphaned young girl.
2. What is tied to the handle of the front door to the coffeehouse?
(a) A yellow piece of fabric.
(b) A newspaper.
(d) A notice about the fever.
3. How does Mattie keep the children quiet in the morning?
(a) She takes them to the market.
(b) She feeds them breakfast outside.
(c) She threatens them.
(d) She bribes them with candy.
4. Who does Mattie think she sees when she is walking to get help for Nell?
(a) Nathaniel Benson.
(c) Her Grandfather.
(d) Her mother.
5. Where does Nell sleep?
(a) With Mattie.
(b) With Mrs. Cook.
(c) With Eliza.
(d) With the twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insect spreads Yellow Fever?
2. What is the significance of Washington Square?
3. What do Grandfather and Mattie find when they walk into the coffeehouse?
4. Who comes back to town because of the frost?
5. Where do Mattie and Eliza take the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are people who left the city acting differently from those who stayed in the city?
2. Find two examples of how people showed fear and panic during the epidemic.
3. When Mattie goes to Simon's house what is she looking for and what does she find?
4. What is Eliza's reaction when she sees Mattie?
5. How does Mattie get rid of the robbers?
6. At the end of Chapter 18 what does Mattie daydream about?
7. How did the Ludingtons try to find Mattie?
8. What is Mattie and Nell's relationship at this point?
9. Why does Mother Smith suggest that Mattie is doing more harm than good to Nell?
10. What type of information does Mr. Brown say that he is now reporting in his newspaper?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)