|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Robert and William?
(a) The robbers.
(c) Eliza's nephews.
(d) Nell's brothers.
2. What was keeping Mattie's mother from resting while she was in the country?
(a) She was looking for Mattie.
(b) She was worried about the coffee house.
(c) She needed a doctor.
(d) She was uncomfortable.
3. Why does Eliza tell Mattie that she should eat slowly?
(a) So that she will not enough so much.
(b) Because Eliza wants to make sure she get some.
(c) So that Mattie will not get sick again.
(d) Because there is not enough food.
4. How many people does Mr.Brown tell Mattie have died?
(a) Five thousand.
(b) Three thousand.
(c) One thousand.
(d) Five hundred.
5. What treatment did the doctor prescribe for Mrs. Cook?
(a) To live a life of leisure.
(b) Several medications.
(c) To get back to work.
(d) To exercise regularly.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Eliza return home?
2. Who is the second person to wake up at the coffeehouse?
3. What is Grandfather's contribution to dinner?
4. What does Mattie decide she needs at the beginning of Chapter 18?
5. One of the neighbors suggests that Mattie can find help for Nell by talking to whom?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)