|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie see when she wakes up in the garden?
(b) Her mother.
2. What do medical experts believe about Dr.Rush's treatments of the Yellow Fever patients?
(a) That the treatments did not harm his patients.
(b) They they were revolutionary.
(c) That the treatments killed many patients.
(d) That the treatments saved many patients.
3. What did Mother Smith have sent to the cooperage?
(a) A doctor.
(c) A preacher.
(d) A cart.
4. What does Mattie find at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) An orphaned young girl.
(b) A dog.
(c) Her mother.
5. Why is Joseph crying?
(a) Because they have nothing left.
(b) Because he misses his wife.
(c) Because the children are sick.
(d) Because he is tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mattie and Eliza place the mattress?
2. Who is Nell?
3. To whom is Mattie referring when she says, "Here is a familiar face,"?
4. Who offers to design the handbill?
5. Who does Nell cry out for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the short excerpt at the beginning of the chapter foreshadow?
2. What is Mattie and Nell's relationship at this point?
3. Does Yellow Fever still exist and if so where?
4. Why does Mattie feel like a traitor when she is walking Nell to the orphan house?
5. Why does Mattie feel her mother would be proud of her?
6. Why does Mother Smith suggest that Mattie is doing more harm than good to Nell?
7. Find two examples of how people showed fear and panic during the epidemic.
8. Why did some people wait until George Washington returned to come back to the city?
9. Why did Mattie's mother take a horse from the Ludingtons' farm and ride off?
10. How did the Ludingtons try to find Mattie?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)