|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) Polly's mother.
(b) Her former teacher.
(c) A friend of her mother's.
(d) Nathaniel Benson.
2. Why has Mrs. Ogilvie been lonely?
(a) All of her friends have moved away.
(b) She has never had any friends.
(c) All of her friends are angry with her.
(d) All of her friends have gone to the country because of the fever.
3. Why is Mattie Leaving?
(a) She wants to be with Nathaniel Benson.
(b) She decides that it is the only way she will be safe.
(c) She wants to be the Ogilvie family.
(d) Dr. Kerr says that it is the only way to keep her safe.
4. What is Bush Hill?
(a) A base camp for the army.
(b) A prison.
(c) A school.
(d) A mansion that has been turned into a hospital.
5. What is wrong with Mattie?
(a) Nothing, she is fine.
(b) She has Yellow Fever.
(c) She has the stomach flu.
(d) She has the chicken pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
2. What woke up Mattie?
3. When are patients discharged?
4. What type of lessons does Grandfather give Mattie?
5. How does Mattie reacting to leaving?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeannine insult Mattie and her mother?
2. Who are the horsemen that stop the wagon?
3. What scares Mattie more than anything at the end of Chapter 12?
4. What did Grandfather find when he returned home to the coffeehouse?
5. What do Mattie and Grandfather learn at the newspaper office?
6. Why does the church bell ring twenty-one times?
7. What do some people in the coffeehouse suggest is causing the sickness?
8. What is Grandfather's response to the clerk when he suggests sending Mattie to the orphan hose?
9. Grandfather feels that Nathaniel Benson must do something before he will ever be able to amount to anything. What is it that he feels he should do?
10. Describe Grandfather as he leaves on the wagon.
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)