|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bush Hill?
(a) A mansion that has been turned into a hospital.
(b) A base camp for the army.
(c) A prison.
(d) A school.
2. Who do Grandfather and Eliza bring to help the next morning?
(a) The mayor.
(b) Dr. Rowley.
(c) Dr. Kerr.
(d) Mr. Carris
3. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
(a) Colette's health is improving.
(b) She does not get a response.
(c) Colette's health has not changed.
(d) Colette's health is worsening.
4. What does King George demand from Mattie?
(a) To go home.
(b) Bacon and eggs.
(c) Bread and berries.
(d) Tea and rum.
5. Why has Mrs. Ogilvie been lonely?
(a) All of her friends have gone to the country because of the fever.
(b) All of her friends are angry with her.
(c) All of her friends have moved away.
(d) She has never had any friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
2. Who is leaving with Mattie?
3. What happened to Matilda's father?
4. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
5. What does Mattie do to keep herself from crying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Grandfather as he leaves on the wagon.
2. Why does Eliza feel that Philadelphia is the best city for free African Americans to live?
3. What is Grandfather's response to the clerk when he suggests sending Mattie to the orphan hose?
4. Why does Mattie distrust Dr. Rowley?
5. What has Grandfather been doing while Mattie has been recovering?
6. Where does the doctor suggest that the women and children should go?
7. What three things does a soldier need to fight?
8. The business at the coffeehouse has improved due to the fever therefore the Cook family has some extra money. Each member of the family has a different idea of what should be done with the money. What are their ideas?
9. Who are the horsemen that stop the wagon?
10. Grandfather feels that Nathaniel Benson must do something before he will ever be able to amount to anything. What is it that he feels he should do?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)