|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Colette at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) She admits to being lazy and wanting to read novels all day.
(b) She cries because she does not want to get married.
(c) She storms out angrily.
(d) She collapses with the fever.
2. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
(a) Because she does not want to go.
(b) Because she is afraid of catching the fever.
(c) Because Edward Ogilvie is a potential husband for Mattie.
(d) Because she wants to be friends with Mrs. Ogilvie.
3. Where is Mattie moved on the tenth day?
(a) To the barn.
(c) To a wagon.
(d) To a field.
4. Why does Mattie not tell her Grandfather about her fishing experience?
(a) She does not want to share the fish she caught.
(b) Because she does not want to share her secret way of catching fish.
(c) She does not want to make him feel more hunger by thinking of fish.
(d) She does not want to admit defeat.
5. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
(c) Dr. Rowley.
(d) She is alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
2. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
3. Who else is in the wagon with Mattie?
4. Where are the Ogilvie sons?
5. When Mattie leaves her bed for the first time alone where does she go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Grandfather been doing while Mattie has been recovering?
2. Describe Grandfather as he leaves on the wagon.
3. Why does Mattie tell Eliza that the children should not be bled?
4. Does Yellow Fever still exist and if so where?
5. How did the Ludingtons try to find Mattie?
6. What do some people in the coffeehouse suggest is causing the sickness?
7. Why does Mattie's mother want her to leave the room?
8. What is the soldier's trick for finding water that Mattie uses?
9. Why will Mattie and Eliza have to go through lawyers in order to be partners?
10. Who is Mr. Stephen Girard?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)