Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Polly die?
(a) She was struck by a sudden fever.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She has been sick for a long time.
(d) She was run down by a horse.
2. Who is King George?
(a) A parrot.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) The king of England.
3. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
(a) Because she does not want to go.
(b) Because Edward Ogilvie is a potential husband for Mattie.
(c) Because she is afraid of catching the fever.
(d) Because she wants to be friends with Mrs. Ogilvie.
4. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
(a) The death of her father.
(b) She has always been bitter.
(c) Polly's death.
(d) Having to work hard.
5. What doe Mattie use to make a pillow fro Grandfather?
(b) Timothy grass.
(c) Pine straw.
(d) Her clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
2. What does Mattie worry her mother wanted more than her?
3. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
4. What does Mattie say is her chief complaint?
5. What does Mattie do to keep herself from crying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eliza suggest that Mattie and Nell should do until the epidemic is over?
2. Why is the Sharp home destroyed inside?
3. How does Mattie try to catch fish in the stream?
4. Who are the horsemen that stop the wagon?
5. Does Yellow Fever still exist and if so where?
6. Why does Mattie tell Eliza all of the details about what she has been through?
7. What happens when Grandfather comes downstairs?
8. What is Mattie and Nell's relationship at this point?
9. Why does Eliza move the furniture outside?
10. What does Mattie give thanks for at the end of Chapter 17?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)