|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie want to deliver to the State House?
(b) Take-out menus.
(c) Free coffee.
(d) Free cakes.
2. What is proving to be a good way to get more customers to spend more money?
(b) More options.
(c) Free samples.
(d) Nathaniel's art.
3. What insect spreads Yellow Fever?
(a) The wasp.
(b) The fly.
(c) The bee.
(d) The mosquito.
4. Who is in charge when Eliza is away?
(a) Mother Smith.
(b) No one.
5. When Eliza tells Mattie that she can go home what is Mattie's response?
(a) She becomes angry at the suggestion.
(b) She thanks Eliza and leaves.
(c) She leaves and go to find Nathaniel.
(d) She wants to continue working.
6. Who is Jean Pierre Blanchard?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A french aeronaut.
7. What does Mattie say her mother felt like?
(a) A strong ox.
(b) A warm blanket.
(c) A child.
(d) A frail bird.
8. Who is the first person up at the coffeehouse?
(d) Mrs. Cook.
9. What does Mattie ask Mr. Brown to do?
(a) Place an ad to help her find her mother.
(b) Let her work for him.
(c) Take her home and feed her.
(d) Help her find Eliza.
10. What percent of Philadelphia's population was killed by the Yellow Fever epidemic?
11. What treatment did the doctor prescribe for Mrs. Cook?
(a) To exercise regularly.
(b) To get back to work.
(c) Several medications.
(d) To live a life of leisure.
12. Who sends Mattie, Eliza, and the children a lot of food?
(a) The church.
(b) Mrs. Cook.
13. What is the significance of Washington Square?
(a) It is where many fever victims are buried.
(b) It is where Washington died.
(c) It is where Washington is buried.
(d) There is no signifigance.
14. When will she start her plan for the future?
(a) Next year.
(b) Next week.
(c) Next month.
15. What does Eliza see when she looks at the boy's eyes?
(a) They will not open.
(b) They are watering.
(c) They are blood-shot and yellow-stained.
(d) They are normal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eliza take Mattie and Nell?
2. What is tied to the handle of the front door to the coffeehouse?
3. What do Grandfather and Mattie find when they walk into the coffeehouse?
4. When Eliza and Mattie get back to Joseph's what do they find?
5. Who has come into the coffeehouse?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)