|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wakes Mattie up on her first morning back home?
(b) People on the street.
2. What do medical experts believe about Dr.Rush's treatments of the Yellow Fever patients?
(a) That the treatments did not harm his patients.
(b) That the treatments killed many patients.
(c) That the treatments saved many patients.
(d) They they were revolutionary.
3. How many people does Mr.Brown tell Mattie have died?
(a) Five hundred.
(b) One thousand.
(c) Five thousand.
(d) Three thousand.
4. What has Mattie decided to do with her future?
(a) Marry Nathaniel.
(b) Go to school.
(c) Reopen the coffeehouse.
(d) Become a maid.
5. Who does Nell cry out for?
(a) Mother Smith.
(b) Her mother.
6. Why did the tall man want to catch Mattie?
(a) They are trying to kill her.
(b) They think that she has the fever.
(c) She will tell them where the money is hidden.
(d) They want to help her.
7. When does Eliza return home?
(a) Well after midnight.
(b) She does not come home.
(d) By dinner.
8. What insect spreads Yellow Fever?
(a) The wasp.
(b) The fly.
(c) The mosquito.
(d) The bee.
9. Who has come into the coffeehouse?
(a) People wanting coffee.
10. What does Mattie get from the coffeehouse for Grandfather's burial?
(a) The portrait of Grandmother.
(b) His clothing.
(c) The strongbox.
(d) His sword.
11. Where does Eliza take Mattie and Nell?
(a) To the coffee house.
(b) To the orphan house.
(c) To her brother's home.
(d) To her mother's home.
12. What does Nell want from Eliza?
(b) A home.
(c) A kiss.
(d) To play.
13. Who else returns at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) Mrs. Cook.
(c) Mrs. Flagg.
(d) Mother smith.
14. How does Mattie keep the children quiet in the morning?
(a) She takes them to the market.
(b) She feeds them breakfast outside.
(c) She threatens them.
(d) She bribes them with candy.
15. What does Mattie find in the garden that makes her dance?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Nell acting throughout Chapter 21?
2. Why does Mrs. Ludington have to return to the farm?
3. Who are Robert and William?
4. Why does Mattie not want to wake Grandfather for help?
5. What must Mattie do before enjoying her coffee?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)