|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie find in the garden that makes her dance?
2. What do medical experts believe about Dr.Rush's treatments of the Yellow Fever patients?
(a) That the treatments saved many patients.
(b) That the treatments did not harm his patients.
(c) They they were revolutionary.
(d) That the treatments killed many patients.
3. What does Mattie demand from the gravediggers?
(a) That they bury him immediately.
(b) That they not bury Grandfather without a prayer.
(c) That they put the portrait with Grandfather.
(d) That they dig a separate grave for Grandfather.
4. When is Mattie's favorite time to take a walk with Nathaniel?
(a) After lunch.
(b) Just before sundown.
(c) Late at night.
(d) In the morning.
5. Why is Joseph crying?
(a) Because he misses his wife.
(b) Because the children are sick.
(c) Because they have nothing left.
(d) Because he is tired.
6. Who is Nell?
(a) Mattie's neighbor.
(b) A farmer at the market.
(c) A friend of the family.
(d) The little orphan girl that Mattie found.
7. Where does Mattie fall asleep?
(a) On the floor.
(b) On the mattress with the children.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the kitchen.
8. What insect spreads Yellow Fever?
(a) The wasp.
(b) The mosquito.
(c) The fly.
(d) The bee.
9. What is Grandfather's contribution to dinner?
(a) A salad.
(b) Hot tea.
10. What does Mattie do for clean clothes?
(a) Eliza brings her some.
(b) Sews some.
(c) Borrows some from her mother.
(d) Borrows some from a neighbor.
11. Who is in charge when Eliza is away?
(b) No one.
(d) Mother Smith.
12. Who wakes Mattie up on her first morning back home?
(a) People on the street.
13. Where does Eliza go in the morning?
(a) To the market.
(b) To look for Mattie's mother.
(c) To the coffee house.
(d) To care for the sick.
14. Who are Robert and William?
(a) Eliza's nephews.
(b) The robbers.
(d) Nell's brothers.
15. What does Mattie decide is the only way to find Eliza?
(a) She goes door to door.
(b) She yells, "Eliza!" as loud as possible into the street.
(c) She posts posters.
(d) She places an ad in the paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mattie help the man pushing the cart?
2. How is Nell acting throughout Chapter 21?
3. Who has come into the coffeehouse?
4. Why does Eliza become angry at the apothecary?
5. What does Mattie get from the coffeehouse for Grandfather's burial?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)