|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie ask Mr. Brown to do?
(a) Let her work for him.
(b) Take her home and feed her.
(c) Place an ad to help her find her mother.
(d) Help her find Eliza.
2. When will she start her plan for the future?
(b) Next week.
(c) Next month.
(d) Next year.
3. Who is in charge when Eliza is away?
(a) Mother Smith.
(c) No one.
4. How does Mattie keep the children quiet in the morning?
(a) She feeds them breakfast outside.
(b) She threatens them.
(c) She takes them to the market.
(d) She bribes them with candy.
5. Where does Eliza take Mattie and Nell?
(a) To her mother's home.
(b) To the orphan house.
(c) To the coffee house.
(d) To her brother's home.
6. Who is with Mrs. Cook?
(b) Mrs. Ludington.
(c) Mother Smith.
(d) Mrs. Epler.
7. Why did the tall man want to catch Mattie?
(a) They want to help her.
(b) She will tell them where the money is hidden.
(c) They are trying to kill her.
(d) They think that she has the fever.
8. Who else returns at the end of Chapter 28?
(a) Mother smith.
(c) Mrs. Flagg.
(d) Mrs. Cook.
9. How does Mattie hurt her foot?
(a) She tripped on the stairs.
(b) She steps on a sharp rock trying to escape the robbers.
(c) She tripped on Silas.
(d) She fell in the garden.
10. Who is Jean Pierre Blanchard?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A french aeronaut.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A teacher.
11. Who does Mattie walk home with?
(a) Mrs. Epler.
(b) Nathaniel Benson.
(c) Mrs. Cook.
12. What do Grandfather and Mattie find when they walk into the coffeehouse?
(a) That everything is just as they left it.
(b) That Mrs. Cook is back.
(c) It has been looted.
(d) That is Eliza is there.
13. When is Mattie's favorite time to take a walk with Nathaniel?
(a) After lunch.
(b) Late at night.
(c) Just before sundown.
(d) In the morning.
14. How does Mattie help the man pushing the cart?
(a) She takes one of the handles.
(b) She does not help.
(c) She gets a man from the street to help.
(d) She fixes the cart.
15. What is Mattie given at the market?
(a) Some bread.
(b) Two hens and some eggs.
(d) A pumpkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person up at the coffeehouse?
2. What does Nell want from Eliza?
3. What does Mattie decide is the only way to find Eliza?
4. What was keeping Mattie's mother from resting while she was in the country?
5. What has Mattie decided to do with her future?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)