|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do medical experts believe about Dr.Rush's treatments of the Yellow Fever patients?
(a) That the treatments saved many patients.
(b) That the treatments did not harm his patients.
(c) That the treatments killed many patients.
(d) They they were revolutionary.
2. Who is the first person up at the coffeehouse?
(d) Mrs. Cook.
3. What does Mattie decide is the only way to find Eliza?
(a) She places an ad in the paper.
(b) She yells, "Eliza!" as loud as possible into the street.
(c) She goes door to door.
(d) She posts posters.
4. One of the neighbors suggests that Mattie can find help for Nell by talking to whom?
(a) Mr. Brown.
(b) Someone at the orphan house.
(c) Reverend Allen.
(d) A nun.
5. What does Mattie's mother fuss about?
(a) Mattie spending time with Nathaniel.
(b) The boys running errands alone.
(c) Mattie's clothes.
(d) Eliza working in the garden.
6. Where does Nell sleep?
(a) With Mrs. Cook.
(b) With Mattie.
(c) With Eliza.
(d) With the twins.
7. Who is Jean Pierre Blanchard?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A french aeronaut.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A lawyer.
8. How regularly did Mattie bathe before the fever?
(a) Every other day.
9. Who sends Mattie, Eliza, and the children a lot of food?
(b) Mrs. Cook.
(d) The church.
10. What wakes Mattie?
(a) Heavy footsteps outside the window.
11. What do Grandfather and Mattie find when they look upstairs?
(a) Everything is just as they left it.
(b) It has been looted.
(c) That Eliza is back.
(d) That Mrs. Cook is back.
12. When does Eliza return home?
(b) By dinner.
(c) She does not come home.
(d) Well after midnight.
13. Who does Mattie plan to visit on Sunday?
(b) Mother Smith.
(c) Polly's mother.
(d) Mrs. Epler.
14. Why does Mrs. Ludington have to return to the farm?
(a) She promised her husband she would return quickly.
(b) She does not enjoy the city.
(c) Her husband is ill.
(d) She is ill.
15. Who is Joseph?
(a) Eliza's brother.
(b) The farmer at the market.
(c) Eliza's husband.
(d) Nell's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eliza and Mattie get back to Joseph's what do they find?
2. What is the significance of Washington Square?
3. Who else returns at the end of Chapter 28?
4. Where do Mattie and Eliza take the children?
5. How does Mattie react when she is reunited with Eliza?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)