|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandfather promise Mrs. Flagg?
(a) A house.
(b) To marry her.
(c) A buy her dinner.
(d) To take her to a ball.
2. What happened to Matilda's father?
(a) He fell from a ladder and died.
(b) He was killed in the war.
(c) He and Matilda's mother are divorced.
(d) He lives in Europe.
3. What wakes Mattie up at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) A crow.
(c) King George.
4. How did Mattie get to Bush Hill?
(a) Her grandfather carried her.
(b) She walked.
(c) Someone picked her up and dropped her off.
(d) She borrowed a horse.
5. Who is Dr. Rowley?
(a) A doctor working with the mayor to stop the spread of the fever.
(b) A doctor that has been called in to look at Mrs. Cook.
(c) A well respected doctor in town.
(d) The doctor who helped Colette.
6. What does Mattie suggest doing tomorrow?
(a) Moving their camp tomorrow to the willow tree.
(b) Finding more food.
(c) Walking towards the country.
(d) Finding a doctor.
7. How long have Mattie and Grandfather gone?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 7 days.
8. Why does Grandfather think that he is a fool?
(a) For not paying more attention to the fever and not listening to Mattie's mother..
(b) For bringing Mattie to the country.
(c) For bringing King George along.
(d) For trusting the farmer.
9. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the country.
(c) To the newspaper office.
(d) To the market.
10. How do the Ogilvie daughters treat Mattie?
(a) They are nice to her.
(b) They refuse to enter the same room.
(c) They befriend her.
(d) They are mean to her.
11. Who is leaving with Mattie?
(a) Mrs. Cook.
(b) Nathaniel Benson.
12. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
(b) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
(c) People are celebrating.
(d) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
13. When thinking about her grandfather, her mother and Eliza, Mattie decides that who has the most strong-headed opinions?
(a) They are an even match.
(b) Mrs. Cook.
14. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
(a) A church meeting.
(b) The Culinary Society.
(c) The Free African Society.
(d) The Society to Cure the Fever.
15. What happens to Mattie at the end of the chapter?
(a) She trips and breaks her leg.
(b) She becomes ill and passes out.
(c) She decides to stay at the farm.
(d) She catches fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Flagg?
2. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
3. How does Mattie reacting to leaving?
4. When Mattie leaves her bed for the first time alone where does she go?
5. What does Mattie find for them to eat?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)