|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the farmer throw Mattie and Grandfather off of the wagon?
(a) Because the horse cannot pull all of them.
(b) Because Mattie has been rude.
(c) Because Mattie has fallen ill.
(d) Because Grandfather has fallen ill.
2. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
(a) To have tea at the Ogilvies' home.
(b) To a meeting for business owners.
(c) To a party at the Oglivies' home.
(d) To Polly's funeral.
3. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
(a) Colette's health has not changed.
(b) She does not get a response.
(c) Colette's health is improving.
(d) Colette's health is worsening.
4. Why does Grandfather not wake up?
(a) Because he is sick.
(b) Because he was in such a deep sleep.
(c) Because he has died.
(d) He does wake up.
5. How does Mattie feel about the invitation?
(a) She does not want to go.
(b) She is afraid of catching the fever.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She does not want to go.
6. Who will stay with Mrs. Cook?
(b) Dr. Kerr.
(c) A nurse will be hired.
7. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
(b) To the river for a swim.
(c) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(d) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
8. What language are the Ogilvie children studying?
9. How long have Mattie and Grandfather gone?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 5 days.
10. What does Mattie find for them to eat?
11. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
(a) She is alone.
(c) Dr. Rowley.
12. What happens to Mattie at the end of the chapter?
(a) She decides to stay at the farm.
(b) She becomes ill and passes out.
(c) She trips and breaks her leg.
(d) She catches fish.
13. Who do Grandfather and Eliza bring to help the next morning?
(a) Dr. Kerr.
(b) Mr. Carris
(c) The mayor.
(d) Dr. Rowley.
14. What does Mattie worry her mother wanted more than her?
(a) Her father.
(c) A servant.
15. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) Her former teacher.
(b) A friend of her mother's.
(c) Nathaniel Benson.
(d) Polly's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Mattie up at the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. What woke up Mattie?
3. When thinking about her grandfather, her mother and Eliza, Mattie decides that who has the most strong-headed opinions?
4. Now that Polly has died who is responsible for her chores?
5. Who is Susannah?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)