|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie find for them to eat?
2. How does Mattie feel about the invitation?
(a) She does not want to go.
(b) She does not want to go.
(c) She is afraid of catching the fever.
(d) She is excited.
3. Why is Mattie Leaving?
(a) She wants to be the Ogilvie family.
(b) She wants to be with Nathaniel Benson.
(c) Dr. Kerr says that it is the only way to keep her safe.
(d) She decides that it is the only way she will be safe.
4. Where does the clerk threaten to take Mattie?
(a) To the orphan house.
(b) To the city.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the prison.
5. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
(c) She is alone.
(d) Dr. Rowley.
6. How did Mattie get to Bush Hill?
(a) She walked.
(b) She borrowed a horse.
(c) Her grandfather carried her.
(d) Someone picked her up and dropped her off.
7. What does Mattie compare the clerk to?
(a) A lion.
(b) A clown.
(c) A snake.
(d) A toad.
8. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
(a) To eat for a snack.
(b) To add to the soup she was making.
(c) To help kill germs.
(d) To keep the flies away from her.
9. How did Polly die?
(a) She was run down by a horse.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She has been sick for a long time.
(d) She was struck by a sudden fever.
10. Where does Grandfather spend the night?
(a) Dr. Rowley's house.
(b) Eliza's house.
(c) Mr. Carris' house.
11. What does Mattie do to keep herself from crying?
(a) She bites the inside of her cheek.
(b) She counts to ten.
(c) She takes deep breathes.
(d) She does not stop herself.
12. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
(b) Nathaniel Benson.
(c) Mrs. Cook.
13. Who is Mrs. Flagg?
(a) Eliza's friend.
(b) A woman on the farm.
(c) The nurse that has been caring for her.
(d) A friend of the family.
14. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) George Bush.
15. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
(a) Some more friends.
(b) A new job.
(c) Some new clothes.
(d) A husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 7 Mattie's mother pays her a compliment. What does she tell her?
2. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
3. How long have Mattie and Grandfather gone?
4. Who is King George?
5. What doe Mattie use to make a pillow fro Grandfather?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)