1. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
2. Matilda and her mother live above what type of business?
3. Who is Polly?
The serving girl.
4. What happened to Matilda's father?
He fell from a ladder and died.
5. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
Matilda's mother cannot cook and Eliza is an excellent cook.
6. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
Matilda feels like a servant.
This section contains 4,402 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)