|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie do for clean clothes?
(a) Eliza brings her some.
(b) Sews some.
(c) Borrows some from her mother.
(d) Borrows some from a neighbor.
2. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
(a) Because she dislikes Polly's family.
(b) Because she wants Matilda to get back to work.
(c) Because she wants to sell the food.
(d) Because she is afraid that Matilda will become ill.
3. What type of fruit does Mattie find on her walk back to Grandfather?
4. What does Mattie find at the end of Chapter 20?
(b) A dog.
(c) An orphaned young girl.
(d) Her mother.
5. What does Mattie do to keep herself from crying?
(a) She counts to ten.
(b) She does not stop herself.
(c) She takes deep breathes.
(d) She bites the inside of her cheek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mattie want to deliver to the State House?
2. Who is King George?
3. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
4. Matilda and her mother live above what type of business?
5. Where do Mattie and Eliza take the children?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)