|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) Nathaniel Benson.
(b) Her former teacher.
(c) Polly's mother.
(d) A friend of her mother's.
2. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
(a) Matilda and her mother are more like sisters than mother and daughter.
(b) Matilda and her mother are friends.
(c) Matilda feels like a servant.
(d) Matilda and her mother do not have a relationship.
3. When Eliza tells Mattie that she can go home what is Mattie's response?
(a) She thanks Eliza and leaves.
(b) She leaves and go to find Nathaniel.
(c) She wants to continue working.
(d) She becomes angry at the suggestion.
4. What does Elza tell Mattie about Mrs. Cook?
(a) That the last time Eliza saw Mrs. Cook she was going to the market.
(b) That the last time Eliza saw Mrs. Cook she was planning on staying at the coffee house until Mattie comes home.
(c) That the last time Eliza saw Mrs. Cook she was going to meet Mattie and Grandfather at the farm.
(d) That the last time Eliza saw Mrs. Cook she was still ill.
5. How regularly did Mattie bathe before the fever?
(d) Every other day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Grandfather and Mattie find when they look upstairs?
2. What does Mattie do once they get her mother upstairs in bed?
3. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
4. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
5. How does Mattie react when she is reunited with Eliza?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)