|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joseph?
(a) The farmer at the market.
(b) Eliza's husband.
(c) Nell's father.
(d) Eliza's brother.
2. What does Mattie go to find once Grandfather has fallen asleep?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A ride.
(c) A map.
(d) Water and food.
3. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(b) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
(c) To the river for a swim.
(d) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
4. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
(b) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
(c) People are celebrating.
(d) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
5. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
(a) Bought some meat below fourth street.
(b) Knocked over a stand spilling produce.
(c) Acted inappropriately.
(d) Stole some eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wakes Mattie up on her first morning back home?
2. To whom is Mattie referring when she says, "Here is a familiar face,"?
3. Why does Mattie not want to wake Grandfather for help?
4. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
5. When Eliza tells Mattie that she can go home what is Mattie's response?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)