|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
(a) Matilda's mother cannot cook and Eliza is an excellent cook.
(b) She takes care of all of the paper work.
(c) She handles all of the advertising.
(d) She brews the best coffee.
2. What did Mother Smith have sent to the cooperage?
(a) A preacher.
(c) A cart.
(d) A doctor.
3. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
(a) She tells her she hates her.
(b) She tells her that she is ugly.
(c) She tells her that she is mean.
(d) She tells her she is horrid.
4. What does Mattie daydream about?
(a) Her mother coming back and being proud of Mattie.
(c) Nathaniel Benson.
5. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
(a) Because Edward Ogilvie is a potential husband for Mattie.
(b) Because she does not want to go.
(c) Because she wants to be friends with Mrs. Ogilvie.
(d) Because she is afraid of catching the fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge when Eliza is away?
2. Why must Eliza go home at night?
3. Who is Susannah?
4. Who will stay with Mrs. Cook?
5. When thinking about her grandfather, her mother and Eliza, Mattie decides that who has the most strong-headed opinions?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)