|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that Polly has died who is responsible for her chores?
(b) A new serving girl has been hired.
(c) Mattie's mother.
2. What doe Mattie use to make a pillow fro Grandfather?
(a) Timothy grass.
(b) Her clothes.
(d) Pine straw.
3. Who will stay with Mrs. Cook?
(b) Dr. Kerr.
(d) A nurse will be hired.
4. How does Mattie help the man pushing the cart?
(a) She does not help.
(b) She fixes the cart.
(c) She gets a man from the street to help.
(d) She takes one of the handles.
5. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
(a) To help kill germs.
(b) To add to the soup she was making.
(c) To eat for a snack.
(d) To keep the flies away from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
2. Why does Mattie think that the bugs are bothering them at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. What type of fruit does Mattie find on her walk back to Grandfather?
4. What does Eliza see when she looks at the boy's eyes?
5. Where does Grandfather spend the night?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)