|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they are dirty.
(b) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
(c) Because they have bad luck.
(d) Because they are weak.
2. Why is Grandfather unable to hang his sword above the fireplace?
(a) Because his arms are shaking.
(b) Because it wants to keep on him in case he needs it.
(c) Because he is afraid that it will get stolen.
(d) Because it has been stolen.
3. What does Mattie get from the coffeehouse for Grandfather's burial?
(a) His sword.
(b) His clothing.
(c) The portrait of Grandmother.
(d) The strongbox.
4. Why does Joseph not come to the coffeehouse?
(a) Because he does not agree with taking them to the coffee house.
(b) He is coming the next day.
(c) Because he is still ill.
(d) Because he cannot bare it.
5. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
(a) Because she dislikes Polly's family.
(b) Because she wants to sell the food.
(c) Because she is afraid that Matilda will become ill.
(d) Because she wants Matilda to get back to work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mattie suggest doing tomorrow?
2. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
3. What does Mattie say is her chief complaint?
4. Who does Nell cry out for?
5. What does Mattie do for clean clothes?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)