|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie do once they get her mother upstairs in bed?
(a) She returns to work.
(b) She sits by her bed refusing to leave her side.
(c) She cries.
(d) She becomes angry.
2. What type of fruit does Mattie find on her walk back to Grandfather?
3. What do Grandfather and Mattie find when they look upstairs?
(a) That Mrs. Cook is back.
(b) Everything is just as they left it.
(c) That Eliza is back.
(d) It has been looted.
4. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
(a) Because she is afraid that Matilda will become ill.
(b) Because she dislikes Polly's family.
(c) Because she wants Matilda to get back to work.
(d) Because she wants to sell the food.
5. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
(a) Because her mother is unable to do the math.
(b) Because Mattie enjoys it.
(c) Because her mother thought that it would be a good way for Mattie to learn mathematical skills.
(d) Because her mother is too tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mattie fall asleep?
2. How long have Mattie and Grandfather gone?
3. Why does Mattie not tell her Grandfather about her fishing experience?
4. When Mattie leaves her bed for the first time alone where does she go?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 7 Mattie's mother pays her a compliment. What does she tell her?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)