|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
(a) Working hard.
(b) Rainy days.
(c) Cold days.
(d) Hot days.
2. How many people does Mr.Brown tell Mattie have died?
(a) One thousand.
(b) Three thousand.
(c) Five hundred.
(d) Five thousand.
3. What does Mattie do to keep herself from crying?
(a) She bites the inside of her cheek.
(b) She takes deep breathes.
(c) She does not stop herself.
(d) She counts to ten.
4. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
(a) Matilda and her mother do not have a relationship.
(b) Matilda and her mother are friends.
(c) Matilda and her mother are more like sisters than mother and daughter.
(d) Matilda feels like a servant.
5. Why does Mattie think that the bugs are bothering them at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Because of the food Eliza packed.
(b) Because of the fever.
(c) Because the baby needs a clean diaper.
(d) Because of the horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Polly die?
2. How often does Mattie's mother need to be bathed?
3. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
4. Who does Mattie think she sees when she is walking to get help for Nell?
5. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)