|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mattie not want to wake Grandfather for help?
(a) She does not want to worry him.
(b) She does want to wake him.
(c) She feels that she can handle it alone.
(d) She is afraid that the robbers will attack both of them.
2. Who will stay with Mrs. Cook?
(b) A nurse will be hired.
(d) Dr. Kerr.
3. What is wrong with Mattie?
(a) She has the stomach flu.
(b) Nothing, she is fine.
(c) She has the chicken pox.
(d) She has Yellow Fever.
4. Where is Mattie moved on the tenth day?
(b) To a wagon.
(c) To a field.
(d) To the barn.
5. Who does Grandfather compare Mattie to?
(b) Her mother, Mrs. Cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the clerk threaten to take Mattie?
2. What was Mattie dreaming about at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
4. What does Mattie suggest doing tomorrow?
5. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)