|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
(a) Because her mother is unable to do the math.
(b) Because Mattie enjoys it.
(c) Because her mother is too tired.
(d) Because her mother thought that it would be a good way for Mattie to learn mathematical skills.
2. Who is King George?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A parrot.
(d) The king of England.
3. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
(a) Dr. Rowley.
(b) She is alone.
4. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
(a) Bought some meat below fourth street.
(b) Acted inappropriately.
(c) Stole some eggs.
(d) Knocked over a stand spilling produce.
5. Who is Polly?
(a) Matilda's best friend.
(b) Matilda's sister.
(c) The serving girl.
(d) A slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Mattie's grandfather came to live with them what was his profession?
2. How do the Ogilvie daughters treat Mattie?
3. Who does Mattie think she sees when she is walking to get help for Nell?
4. Who wakes Mattie up on her first morning back home?
5. How is Nell acting throughout Chapter 21?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)