|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mattie think that the bugs are bothering them at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Because of the fever.
(b) Because the baby needs a clean diaper.
(c) Because of the food Eliza packed.
(d) Because of the horse.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7 Mattie's mother pays her a compliment. What does she tell her?
(a) That she is funny.
(b) That she is smart.
(c) That she is a wonderful daughter.
(d) That she is pretty.
3. Where does Grandfather spend the night?
(a) Eliza's house.
(b) Mr. Carris' house.
(c) Dr. Rowley's house.
4. What type of lessons does Grandfather give Mattie?
(a) French lessons.
(b) Etiquette lessons.
(c) Spanish lessons.
(d) Soldiering lessons.
5. Why does Grandfather not wake up?
(a) He does wake up.
(b) Because he is sick.
(c) Because he has died.
(d) Because he was in such a deep sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Matilda's father?
2. What does Mattie do once they get her mother upstairs in bed?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
4. What does Mattie decide she needs at the beginning of Chapter 18?
5. Why is Mattie Leaving?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)