|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the clerk threaten to take Mattie?
(a) To the prison.
(b) To the orphan house.
(c) To the city.
(d) To the hospital.
2. What was Mattie dreaming about at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Bush Hill.
(b) Roast beef, vegetables, and bread.
(c) Nathaniel Benson.
(d) Her mother.
3. One of the neighbors suggests that Mattie can find help for Nell by talking to whom?
(a) Mr. Brown.
(b) Reverend Allen.
(c) Someone at the orphan house.
(d) A nun.
4. How does Mattie help the man pushing the cart?
(a) She takes one of the handles.
(b) She gets a man from the street to help.
(c) She fixes the cart.
(d) She does not help.
5. How often does Mattie's mother need to be bathed?
(a) Every two hours.
(b) Every eight hours.
(c) Every six hours.
(d) Every four hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is causing Mattie's terrible dreams?
2. Why did the tall man want to catch Mattie?
3. What woke up Mattie?
4. How does Mattie reacting to leaving?
5. How regularly did Mattie bathe before the fever?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)