|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Polly die?
(a) She was struck by a sudden fever.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She has been sick for a long time.
(d) She was run down by a horse.
2. What does Mattie compare the clerk to?
(a) A toad.
(b) A snake.
(c) A clown.
(d) A lion.
3. What type of fruit does Mattie find on her walk back to Grandfather?
4. How does Mattie hurt her foot?
(a) She tripped on the stairs.
(b) She fell in the garden.
(c) She tripped on Silas.
(d) She steps on a sharp rock trying to escape the robbers.
5. What does Mattie do once they get her mother upstairs in bed?
(a) She sits by her bed refusing to leave her side.
(b) She cries.
(c) She returns to work.
(d) She becomes angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the clerk threaten to take Mattie?
2. How is Nell acting throughout Chapter 21?
3. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
4. Why does Mattie think that the bugs are bothering them at the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)