|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
(a) Matilda and her mother are friends.
(b) Matilda and her mother do not have a relationship.
(c) Matilda and her mother are more like sisters than mother and daughter.
(d) Matilda feels like a servant.
2. Matilda and her mother live above what type of business?
(a) A Coffeehouse.
(b) A General Store.
(c) A Shoemaker.
(d) A Blacksmith.
3. Why must Eliza go home at night?
(a) She is too tired to help Mrs. Cook and Eliza.
(b) She is afraid of becoming ill.
(c) She wants to go home.
(d) Her brother's family is expecting her.
4. What was Mattie dreaming about at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Roast beef, vegetables, and bread.
(c) Bush Hill.
(d) Nathaniel Benson.
5. What type of lessons does Grandfather give Mattie?
(a) French lessons.
(b) Spanish lessons.
(c) Soldiering lessons.
(d) Etiquette lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
2. What is the one thing that Mattie vows never to do?
3. Why does Mattie not tell her Grandfather about her fishing experience?
4. How does Mattie reacting to leaving?
5. What is wrong with Mattie?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)