|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandfather not wake up?
(a) Because he has died.
(b) He does wake up.
(c) Because he is sick.
(d) Because he was in such a deep sleep.
2. What does Mattie find in the garden that makes her dance?
3. How did Polly die?
(a) She was struck by a sudden fever.
(b) She has been sick for a long time.
(c) She drowned.
(d) She was run down by a horse.
4. What wakes Mattie up at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A mockingbird.
(b) King George.
(c) A crow.
5. Why does the farmer throw Mattie and Grandfather off of the wagon?
(a) Because Mattie has fallen ill.
(b) Because Mattie has been rude.
(c) Because Grandfather has fallen ill.
(d) Because the horse cannot pull all of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mattie get to Bush Hill?
2. What do Grandfather and Mattie find when they look upstairs?
3. What type of lessons does Grandfather give Mattie?
4. To whom is Mattie referring when she says, "Here is a familiar face,"?
5. What does Mrs. Bowles suggest to Mattie?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)