|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandfather think that he is a fool?
(a) For bringing Mattie to the country.
(b) For trusting the farmer.
(c) For bringing King George along.
(d) For not paying more attention to the fever and not listening to Mattie's mother..
2. Who is Polly?
(a) Matilda's best friend.
(b) A slave.
(c) The serving girl.
(d) Matilda's sister.
3. Who wakes Mattie up on her first morning back home?
(a) People on the street.
4. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
(a) To Europe.
(c) To the mountains.
(d) To a friend's farm.
5. What wakes Mattie up at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) King George.
(b) A mockingbird.
(c) A crow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fruit does Mattie find on her walk back to Grandfather?
2. Matilda and her mother live above what type of business?
3. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
4. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
5. Who will stay with Mrs. Cook?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)