|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Mattie up at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) King George.
(c) A crow.
(d) A mockingbird.
2. Where does the clerk threaten to take Mattie?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the prison.
(c) To the city.
(d) To the orphan house.
3. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
(a) Because her mother is unable to do the math.
(b) Because her mother thought that it would be a good way for Mattie to learn mathematical skills.
(c) Because her mother is too tired.
(d) Because Mattie enjoys it.
4. What was Mattie dreaming about at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) Nathaniel Benson.
(b) Roast beef, vegetables, and bread.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Bush Hill.
5. What doe Mattie use to make a pillow fro Grandfather?
(a) Her clothes.
(c) Pine straw.
(d) Timothy grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Mattie and Grandfather gone?
2. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
3. Where is Mattie moved on the tenth day?
4. Why does Mattie not tell her Grandfather about her fishing experience?
5. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)