|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie ask Mr. Brown to do?
(a) Place an ad to help her find her mother.
(b) Take her home and feed her.
(c) Help her find Eliza.
(d) Let her work for him.
2. How did Mattie get to Bush Hill?
(a) She borrowed a horse.
(b) Someone picked her up and dropped her off.
(c) She walked.
(d) Her grandfather carried her.
3. Where does the clerk threaten to take Mattie?
(a) To the prison.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To the city.
(d) To the orphan house.
4. What does Mattie daydream about?
(b) Her mother coming back and being proud of Mattie.
(d) Nathaniel Benson.
5. What does Mattie do to keep herself from crying?
(a) She counts to ten.
(b) She bites the inside of her cheek.
(c) She takes deep breathes.
(d) She does not stop herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language are the Ogilvie children studying?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
3. At the end of chapter 17 what does Mattie do?
4. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 7 Mattie's mother pays her a compliment. What does she tell her?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)