|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
(a) To a friend's farm.
(b) To Europe.
(c) To the mountains.
2. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
(a) Mrs. Cook.
(d) Nathaniel Benson.
3. Why must Eliza go home at night?
(a) Her brother's family is expecting her.
(b) She wants to go home.
(c) She is afraid of becoming ill.
(d) She is too tired to help Mrs. Cook and Eliza.
4. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
(a) A new job.
(b) Some more friends.
(c) A husband.
(d) Some new clothes.
5. How did Polly die?
(a) She was run down by a horse.
(b) She has been sick for a long time.
(c) She drowned.
(d) She was struck by a sudden fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mattie moved on the tenth day?
2. Why does Mattie not tell her Grandfather about her fishing experience?
3. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
4. What woke up Mattie?
5. Why does the farmer throw Mattie and Grandfather off of the wagon?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)