|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mattie help the man pushing the cart?
(a) She takes one of the handles.
(b) She fixes the cart.
(c) She gets a man from the street to help.
(d) She does not help.
2. Why does Mattie not tell her Grandfather about her fishing experience?
(a) Because she does not want to share her secret way of catching fish.
(b) She does not want to make him feel more hunger by thinking of fish.
(c) She does not want to admit defeat.
(d) She does not want to share the fish she caught.
3. Why does the farmer throw Mattie and Grandfather off of the wagon?
(a) Because the horse cannot pull all of them.
(b) Because Mattie has fallen ill.
(c) Because Grandfather has fallen ill.
(d) Because Mattie has been rude.
4. How did Polly die?
(a) She drowned.
(b) She has been sick for a long time.
(c) She was struck by a sudden fever.
(d) She was run down by a horse.
5. What do Grandfather and Mattie find when they walk into the coffeehouse?
(a) That Mrs. Cook is back.
(b) That everything is just as they left it.
(c) It has been looted.
(d) That is Eliza is there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
2. When Mattie leaves her bed for the first time alone where does she go?
3. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
4. Why is Grandfather unable to hang his sword above the fireplace?
5. What does Mattie decide she needs at the beginning of Chapter 18?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)