|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
(a) Because she wants to be friends with Mrs. Ogilvie.
(b) Because she is afraid of catching the fever.
(c) Because she does not want to go.
(d) Because Edward Ogilvie is a potential husband for Mattie.
2. Why does Mattie not want to wake Grandfather for help?
(a) She does not want to worry him.
(b) She feels that she can handle it alone.
(c) She is afraid that the robbers will attack both of them.
(d) She does want to wake him.
3. How did Polly die?
(a) She was run down by a horse.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She was struck by a sudden fever.
(d) She has been sick for a long time.
4. What does Mattie suggest doing tomorrow?
(a) Finding more food.
(b) Walking towards the country.
(c) Moving their camp tomorrow to the willow tree.
(d) Finding a doctor.
5. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
(a) Matilda wants to go away to school and her mother does not want her to go.
(b) Matilda wants to go to the funeral and her mother does not want her to go.
(c) Matilda wants a new dress and her mother says no.
(d) Matilda does not want to work and her mother is making her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Mattie and Grandfather gone?
2. How does Mattie help the man pushing the cart?
3. Who do Grandfather and Eliza bring to help the next morning?
4. How is Nell acting throughout Chapter 21?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)