|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandfather not wake up?
(a) Because he is sick.
(b) Because he has died.
(c) He does wake up.
(d) Because he was in such a deep sleep.
2. How does Mattie hurt her foot?
(a) She steps on a sharp rock trying to escape the robbers.
(b) She fell in the garden.
(c) She tripped on Silas.
(d) She tripped on the stairs.
3. What is wrong with Mattie?
(a) She has the chicken pox.
(b) Nothing, she is fine.
(c) She has Yellow Fever.
(d) She has the stomach flu.
4. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
(a) To help kill germs.
(b) To add to the soup she was making.
(c) To keep the flies away from her.
(d) To eat for a snack.
5. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) A friend of her mother's.
(b) Nathaniel Benson.
(c) Her former teacher.
(d) Polly's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who else is in the wagon with Mattie?
2. What does Mattie daydream about?
3. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
4. Matilda and her mother live above what type of business?
5. What wakes Mattie up at the beginning of Chapter 13?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)