|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of lessons does Grandfather give Mattie?
(a) French lessons.
(b) Soldiering lessons.
(c) Spanish lessons.
(d) Etiquette lessons.
2. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
(a) To eat for a snack.
(b) To add to the soup she was making.
(c) To keep the flies away from her.
(d) To help kill germs.
3. What happened to Matilda's father?
(a) He fell from a ladder and died.
(b) He and Matilda's mother are divorced.
(c) He lives in Europe.
(d) He was killed in the war.
4. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) George Bush.
5. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
(a) To the country.
(b) To the newspaper office.
(c) To the market.
(d) To the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Grandfather spend the night?
2. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
3. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
4. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
5. What happens to Colette at the end of Chapter 7?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)