|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mattie Leaving?
(a) Dr. Kerr says that it is the only way to keep her safe.
(b) She wants to be with Nathaniel Benson.
(c) She wants to be the Ogilvie family.
(d) She decides that it is the only way she will be safe.
2. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
(b) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
(c) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(d) To the river for a swim.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
(a) Hot days.
(b) Working hard.
(c) Rainy days.
(d) Cold days.
4. Now that Polly has died who is responsible for her chores?
(b) Mattie's mother.
(c) A new serving girl has been hired.
5. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
(a) Because Silas knocked them down while chasing a squirrel.
(b) She needs to wash them twice because of the fever germs.
(c) She dropped them.
(d) Eliza spilled dirty ditch water on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Mattie's grandfather came to live with them what was his profession?
2. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
3. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
4. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
5. What is causing Mattie's terrible dreams?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)