|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Mattie's mother need to be bathed?
(a) Every eight hours.
(b) Every six hours.
(c) Every four hours.
(d) Every two hours.
2. Who do Grandfather and Eliza bring to help the next morning?
(a) Mr. Carris
(b) The mayor.
(c) Dr. Rowley.
(d) Dr. Kerr.
3. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they are dirty.
(b) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
(c) Because they are weak.
(d) Because they have bad luck.
4. How do the Ogilvie daughters treat Mattie?
(a) They are nice to her.
(b) They refuse to enter the same room.
(c) They befriend her.
(d) They are mean to her.
5. Who is Mrs. Flagg?
(a) The nurse that has been caring for her.
(b) A woman on the farm.
(c) Eliza's friend.
(d) A friend of the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Mattie's grandfather came to live with them what was his profession?
2. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
3. Why does Grandfather not wake up?
4. What wakes Mattie up at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)