|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doe Mattie use to make a pillow fro Grandfather?
(b) Timothy grass.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Pine straw.
2. Why has Mrs. Ogilvie been lonely?
(a) All of her friends are angry with her.
(b) She has never had any friends.
(c) All of her friends have moved away.
(d) All of her friends have gone to the country because of the fever.
3. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
4. Who is Polly?
(a) Matilda's sister.
(b) A slave.
(c) Matilda's best friend.
(d) The serving girl.
5. What type of lessons does Grandfather give Mattie?
(a) French lessons.
(b) Spanish lessons.
(c) Etiquette lessons.
(d) Soldiering lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must Eliza go home at night?
2. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
3. What happens to Colette at the end of Chapter 7?
4. Who does Grandfather compare Mattie to?
5. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)