|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King George demand from Mattie?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Tea and rum.
(c) Bread and berries.
(d) To go home.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7 Mattie's mother pays her a compliment. What does she tell her?
(a) That she is a wonderful daughter.
(b) That she is funny.
(c) That she is pretty.
(d) That she is smart.
3. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
(a) Because Edward Ogilvie is a potential husband for Mattie.
(b) Because she wants to be friends with Mrs. Ogilvie.
(c) Because she is afraid of catching the fever.
(d) Because she does not want to go.
4. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
(a) Nathaniel Benson.
(b) Mrs. Cook.
5. What happens to Mattie at the end of the chapter?
(a) She catches fish.
(b) She decides to stay at the farm.
(c) She trips and breaks her leg.
(d) She becomes ill and passes out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Matilda's father?
2. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
3. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
4. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
5. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)