|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 7 Mattie's mother pays her a compliment. What does she tell her?
(a) That she is a wonderful daughter.
(b) That she is funny.
(c) That she is pretty.
(d) That she is smart.
2. What does Mattie do to keep herself from crying?
(a) She bites the inside of her cheek.
(b) She counts to ten.
(c) She takes deep breathes.
(d) She does not stop herself.
3. Where does Grandfather spend the night?
(a) Mr. Carris' house.
(c) Eliza's house.
(d) Dr. Rowley's house.
4. Matilda and her mother live above what type of business?
(a) A Blacksmith.
(b) A Coffeehouse.
(c) A General Store.
(d) A Shoemaker.
5. Why does the farmer throw Mattie and Grandfather off of the wagon?
(a) Because Mattie has fallen ill.
(b) Because Mattie has been rude.
(c) Because the horse cannot pull all of them.
(d) Because Grandfather has fallen ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
2. What does Mattie worry her mother wanted more than her?
3. What wakes Mattie up at the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
5. Why does Grandfather think that he is a fool?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)