|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mattie reacting to leaving?
(a) She is upset and does not want to be away from her mother.
(b) She does not care one way or another.
(c) She is scared.
(d) She is excited.
2. How do the Ogilvie daughters treat Mattie?
(a) They are mean to her.
(b) They befriend her.
(c) They are nice to her.
(d) They refuse to enter the same room.
3. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
(a) Acted inappropriately.
(b) Knocked over a stand spilling produce.
(c) Bought some meat below fourth street.
(d) Stole some eggs.
4. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
(b) People are celebrating.
(c) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
(d) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
5. Where are the Ogilvie sons?
(a) In the country.
(b) Away at school.
(c) At a meeting with the mayor.
(d) At war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
2. Who do Grandfather and Eliza bring to help the next morning?
3. How did Polly die?
4. What is causing Mattie's terrible dreams?
5. Why is Mattie Leaving?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)