|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King George demand from Mattie?
(a) Bacon and eggs.
(b) Bread and berries.
(c) To go home.
(d) Tea and rum.
2. Why does Mattie think that the bugs are bothering them at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Because of the fever.
(b) Because of the horse.
(c) Because the baby needs a clean diaper.
(d) Because of the food Eliza packed.
3. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
4. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
(a) George Washington.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
5. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
(a) Acted inappropriately.
(b) Knocked over a stand spilling produce.
(c) Stole some eggs.
(d) Bought some meat below fourth street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mattie do to keep herself from crying?
2. Who will stay with Mrs. Cook?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 7 Mattie's mother pays her a compliment. What does she tell her?
4. What does Mattie go to find once Grandfather has fallen asleep?
5. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)