|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
(a) She has always been bitter.
(b) Polly's death.
(c) The death of her father.
(d) Having to work hard.
2. What happened to Matilda's father?
(a) He and Matilda's mother are divorced.
(b) He fell from a ladder and died.
(c) He lives in Europe.
(d) He was killed in the war.
3. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they are dirty.
(b) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
(c) Because they have bad luck.
(d) Because they are weak.
4. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
(b) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
(c) People are celebrating.
(d) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
5. Before Mattie's grandfather came to live with them what was his profession?
(a) He was an army captain.
(b) He was a chef.
(c) He was the captain of a ship.
(d) He was a carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
2. Who will stay with Mrs. Cook?
3. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
4. Why does Mattie think that the bugs are bothering them at the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)