|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie do to keep herself from crying?
(a) She does not stop herself.
(b) She counts to ten.
(c) She takes deep breathes.
(d) She bites the inside of her cheek.
2. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
(a) Matilda feels like a servant.
(b) Matilda and her mother do not have a relationship.
(c) Matilda and her mother are friends.
(d) Matilda and her mother are more like sisters than mother and daughter.
3. What doe Mattie use to make a pillow fro Grandfather?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Timothy grass.
(c) Pine straw.
4. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
(a) To the country.
(b) To the market.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To the newspaper office.
5. Why must Eliza go home at night?
(a) She is too tired to help Mrs. Cook and Eliza.
(b) She is afraid of becoming ill.
(c) Her brother's family is expecting her.
(d) She wants to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. When thinking about her grandfather, her mother and Eliza, Mattie decides that who has the most strong-headed opinions?
2. Why does Mattie think that the bugs are bothering them at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
4. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
5. How did Polly die?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)