|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grandfather compare Mattie to?
(b) Her mother, Mrs. Cook.
2. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
(a) Because her mother is too tired.
(b) Because her mother is unable to do the math.
(c) Because her mother thought that it would be a good way for Mattie to learn mathematical skills.
(d) Because Mattie enjoys it.
3. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
(a) She tells her that she is mean.
(b) She tells her that she is ugly.
(c) She tells her she hates her.
(d) She tells her she is horrid.
4. What happened to Matilda's father?
(a) He was killed in the war.
(b) He lives in Europe.
(c) He and Matilda's mother are divorced.
(d) He fell from a ladder and died.
5. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
(a) Because she does not want to go.
(b) Because she is afraid of catching the fever.
(c) Because she wants to be friends with Mrs. Ogilvie.
(d) Because Edward Ogilvie is a potential husband for Mattie.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
2. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
3. Where are the Ogilvie sons?
4. How often does Mattie's mother need to be bathed?
5. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)