|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When thinking about her grandfather, her mother and Eliza, Mattie decides that who has the most strong-headed opinions?
(b) They are an even match.
(c) Mrs. Cook.
2. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) Nathaniel Benson.
(b) Her former teacher.
(c) Polly's mother.
(d) A friend of her mother's.
3. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
(a) Matilda and her mother do not have a relationship.
(b) Matilda and her mother are more like sisters than mother and daughter.
(c) Matilda feels like a servant.
(d) Matilda and her mother are friends.
4. How does Mattie feel about the invitation?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She does not want to go.
(c) She does not want to go.
(d) She is afraid of catching the fever.
5. What type of lessons does Grandfather give Mattie?
(a) Etiquette lessons.
(b) Soldiering lessons.
(c) Spanish lessons.
(d) French lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will stay with Mrs. Cook?
2. Who is Polly?
3. What does Mattie suggest doing tomorrow?
4. What does Mattie find for them to eat?
5. Who is leaving with Mattie?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)