|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People are celebrating.
(b) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
(c) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
(d) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
2. Now that Polly has died who is responsible for her chores?
(b) A new serving girl has been hired.
(d) Mattie's mother.
3. What happened to Matilda's father?
(a) He lives in Europe.
(b) He fell from a ladder and died.
(c) He and Matilda's mother are divorced.
(d) He was killed in the war.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 7 Mattie's mother pays her a compliment. What does she tell her?
(a) That she is a wonderful daughter.
(b) That she is funny.
(c) That she is pretty.
(d) That she is smart.
5. How does Mattie reacting to leaving?
(a) She is upset and does not want to be away from her mother.
(b) She does not care one way or another.
(c) She is scared.
(d) She is excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
2. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
4. When thinking about her grandfather, her mother and Eliza, Mattie decides that who has the most strong-headed opinions?
5. What does Mattie do once they get her mother upstairs in bed?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)