|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dr. Rowley?
(a) A doctor working with the mayor to stop the spread of the fever.
(b) A doctor that has been called in to look at Mrs. Cook.
(c) A well respected doctor in town.
(d) The doctor who helped Colette.
2. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
3. What does Mattie suggest doing tomorrow?
(a) Moving their camp tomorrow to the willow tree.
(b) Walking towards the country.
(c) Finding a doctor.
(d) Finding more food.
4. Who does Grandfather compare Mattie to?
(a) Her mother, Mrs. Cook.
5. Before Mattie's grandfather came to live with them what was his profession?
(a) He was a carpenter.
(b) He was a chef.
(c) He was an army captain.
(d) He was the captain of a ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grandfather think that he is a fool?
2. Who do Grandfather and Eliza bring to help the next morning?
3. What type of lessons does Grandfather give Mattie?
4. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
5. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)