|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
(a) She needs to wash them twice because of the fever germs.
(b) She dropped them.
(c) Because Silas knocked them down while chasing a squirrel.
(d) Eliza spilled dirty ditch water on them.
2. What does Mattie do to keep herself from crying?
(a) She does not stop herself.
(b) She bites the inside of her cheek.
(c) She takes deep breathes.
(d) She counts to ten.
3. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
4. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
(a) To add to the soup she was making.
(b) To keep the flies away from her.
(c) To help kill germs.
(d) To eat for a snack.
5. Who do Grandfather and Eliza bring to help the next morning?
(a) Dr. Rowley.
(b) The mayor.
(c) Mr. Carris
(d) Dr. Kerr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Colette at the end of Chapter 7?
2. Who is Polly?
3. How often does Mattie's mother need to be bathed?
4. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
5. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)