|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language are the Ogilvie children studying?
2. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
(a) Colette's health is worsening.
(b) Colette's health has not changed.
(c) She does not get a response.
(d) Colette's health is improving.
3. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they are weak.
(b) Because they are dirty.
(c) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
(d) Because they have bad luck.
4. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
(a) Knocked over a stand spilling produce.
(b) Stole some eggs.
(c) Bought some meat below fourth street.
(d) Acted inappropriately.
5. When thinking about her grandfather, her mother and Eliza, Mattie decides that who has the most strong-headed opinions?
(c) Mrs. Cook.
(d) They are an even match.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Matilda's father?
2. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
3. Who stays with Mattie through the night?
4. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
5. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)