|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandfather think that he is a fool?
(a) For bringing Mattie to the country.
(b) For not paying more attention to the fever and not listening to Mattie's mother..
(c) For bringing King George along.
(d) For trusting the farmer.
2. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
(b) Mrs. Cook.
(c) Nathaniel Benson.
3. Why does Grandfather not wake up?
(a) Because he has died.
(b) He does wake up.
(c) Because he was in such a deep sleep.
(d) Because he is sick.
4. What doe Mattie use to make a pillow fro Grandfather?
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Pine straw.
(d) Timothy grass.
5. What does Mattie suggest doing tomorrow?
(a) Finding more food.
(b) Finding a doctor.
(c) Walking towards the country.
(d) Moving their camp tomorrow to the willow tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mattie think that the bugs are bothering them at the beginning of Chapter 11?
2. Before Mattie's grandfather came to live with them what was his profession?
3. Why must Eliza go home at night?
4. Who do Grandfather and Eliza bring to help the next morning?
5. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)