|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mattie feel about the invitation?
(a) She does not want to go.
(b) She does not want to go.
(c) She is afraid of catching the fever.
(d) She is excited.
2. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
(a) Because she does not want to go.
(b) Because she is afraid of catching the fever.
(c) Because she wants to be friends with Mrs. Ogilvie.
(d) Because Edward Ogilvie is a potential husband for Mattie.
3. How does this new person help Mrs. Cook?
(a) He prescribes antibiotics.
(b) He gives her a shot.
(c) He cuts her and lets her bleed.
(d) He says that there is nothing he can do to help.
4. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
(a) Matilda does not want to work and her mother is making her.
(b) Matilda wants to go away to school and her mother does not want her to go.
(c) Matilda wants a new dress and her mother says no.
(d) Matilda wants to go to the funeral and her mother does not want her to go.
5. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
(a) Some more friends.
(b) A new job.
(c) Some new clothes.
(d) A husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is leaving with Mattie?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
3. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
4. Now that Polly has died who is responsible for her chores?
5. Who is Dr. Rowley?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)