|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
(a) She tells her she is horrid.
(b) She tells her she hates her.
(c) She tells her that she is mean.
(d) She tells her that she is ugly.
2. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) George Bush.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
3. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
4. Why does Mattie think that the bugs are bothering them at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Because of the fever.
(b) Because of the food Eliza packed.
(c) Because of the horse.
(d) Because the baby needs a clean diaper.
5. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
(b) Nathaniel Benson.
(d) Mrs. Cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
2. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
3. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
4. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
5. What does Mattie find for them to eat?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)