|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
(a) Some more friends.
(b) A husband.
(c) A new job.
(d) Some new clothes.
2. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
(a) To the country.
(b) To the newspaper office.
(c) To the market.
(d) To the hospital.
3. Why must Eliza go home at night?
(a) Her brother's family is expecting her.
(b) She is afraid of becoming ill.
(c) She wants to go home.
(d) She is too tired to help Mrs. Cook and Eliza.
4. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
(b) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
(c) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
(d) People are celebrating.
5. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
2. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
3. How does this new person help Mrs. Cook?
4. Now that Polly has died who is responsible for her chores?
5. How did Polly die?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)