|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Mrs. Ogilvie been lonely?
(a) She has never had any friends.
(b) All of her friends have gone to the country because of the fever.
(c) All of her friends have moved away.
(d) All of her friends are angry with her.
2. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) To the river for a swim.
(b) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(c) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
(d) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
3. Now that Polly has died who is responsible for her chores?
(a) A new serving girl has been hired.
(c) Mattie's mother.
4. Before Mattie's grandfather came to live with them what was his profession?
(a) He was the captain of a ship.
(b) He was an army captain.
(c) He was a chef.
(d) He was a carpenter.
5. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
(a) Matilda and her mother are friends.
(b) Matilda and her mother do not have a relationship.
(c) Matilda feels like a servant.
(d) Matilda and her mother are more like sisters than mother and daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Matilda's father?
2. How do the Ogilvie daughters treat Mattie?
3. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
4. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)