|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Matilda's father?
(a) He and Matilda's mother are divorced.
(b) He was killed in the war.
(c) He fell from a ladder and died.
(d) He lives in Europe.
2. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
(a) To keep the flies away from her.
(b) To add to the soup she was making.
(c) To eat for a snack.
(d) To help kill germs.
3. How did Polly die?
(a) She was run down by a horse.
(b) She was struck by a sudden fever.
(c) She has been sick for a long time.
(d) She drowned.
4. Where are the Ogilvie sons?
(a) At war.
(b) Away at school.
(c) In the country.
(d) At a meeting with the mayor.
5. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
(a) Because her mother is unable to do the math.
(b) Because her mother is too tired.
(c) Because Mattie enjoys it.
(d) Because her mother thought that it would be a good way for Mattie to learn mathematical skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language are the Ogilvie children studying?
2. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
3. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
4. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
5. What happens to Colette at the end of Chapter 7?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)