|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
(a) Polly's death.
(b) She has always been bitter.
(c) The death of her father.
(d) Having to work hard.
2. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
(a) To help kill germs.
(b) To add to the soup she was making.
(c) To eat for a snack.
(d) To keep the flies away from her.
3. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) Nathaniel Benson.
(b) Polly's mother.
(c) Her former teacher.
(d) A friend of her mother's.
4. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) George Bush.
(d) George Washington.
5. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
(a) A church meeting.
(b) The Society to Cure the Fever.
(c) The Culinary Society.
(d) The Free African Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 7 Mattie's mother pays her a compliment. What does she tell her?
2. What language are the Ogilvie children studying?
3. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
4. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
5. Matilda and her mother live above what type of business?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)