|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
(a) Acted inappropriately.
(b) Knocked over a stand spilling produce.
(c) Bought some meat below fourth street.
(d) Stole some eggs.
2. How did Polly die?
(a) She was run down by a horse.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She was struck by a sudden fever.
(d) She has been sick for a long time.
3. Who is King George?
(a) The king of England.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A parrot.
4. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
(a) To have tea at the Ogilvies' home.
(b) To Polly's funeral.
(c) To a meeting for business owners.
(d) To a party at the Oglivies' home.
5. Why has Mrs. Ogilvie been lonely?
(a) All of her friends have moved away.
(b) All of her friends are angry with her.
(c) She has never had any friends.
(d) All of her friends have gone to the country because of the fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Matilda and her mother live above what type of business?
2. What happened to Matilda's father?
3. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
4. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
5. How do the Ogilvie daughters treat Mattie?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)