|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
(a) She brews the best coffee.
(b) She takes care of all of the paper work.
(c) Matilda's mother cannot cook and Eliza is an excellent cook.
(d) She handles all of the advertising.
2. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
(a) George Bush.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
3. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
(a) She tells her that she is ugly.
(b) She tells her she hates her.
(c) She tells her that she is mean.
(d) She tells her she is horrid.
4. What happens to Colette at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) She admits to being lazy and wanting to read novels all day.
(b) She collapses with the fever.
(c) She cries because she does not want to get married.
(d) She storms out angrily.
5. What language are the Ogilvie children studying?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 7 Mattie's mother pays her a compliment. What does she tell her?
2. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
3. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
4. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
5. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)