|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
(a) George Bush.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
2. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they are weak.
(b) Because they have bad luck.
(c) Because they are dirty.
(d) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
3. What happens to Colette at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) She storms out angrily.
(b) She collapses with the fever.
(c) She admits to being lazy and wanting to read novels all day.
(d) She cries because she does not want to get married.
4. What language are the Ogilvie children studying?
5. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
(a) To eat for a snack.
(b) To help kill germs.
(c) To keep the flies away from her.
(d) To add to the soup she was making.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
2. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
3. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
4. Before Mattie's grandfather came to live with them what was his profession?
5. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)