|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Colette at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) She collapses with the fever.
(b) She storms out angrily.
(c) She admits to being lazy and wanting to read novels all day.
(d) She cries because she does not want to get married.
2. How did Polly die?
(a) She was run down by a horse.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She was struck by a sudden fever.
(d) She has been sick for a long time.
3. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Washington D.C.
(d) New York City.
4. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
(a) Colette's health has not changed.
(b) She does not get a response.
(c) Colette's health is improving.
(d) Colette's health is worsening.
5. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To Europe.
(c) To a friend's farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Mattie's grandfather came to live with them what was his profession?
2. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
3. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
4. How does Mattie feel about the invitation?
5. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)