|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(b) To the river for a swim.
(c) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
(d) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
(a) Hot days.
(b) Cold days.
(c) Rainy days.
(d) Working hard.
3. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
(b) Nathaniel Benson.
(c) Mrs. Cook.
4. How does Mattie feel about the invitation?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She does not want to go.
(c) She does not want to go.
(d) She is afraid of catching the fever.
5. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they are dirty.
(b) Because they are weak.
(c) Because they have bad luck.
(d) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Colette at the end of Chapter 7?
2. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
3. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
4. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
5. When thinking about her grandfather, her mother and Eliza, Mattie decides that who has the most strong-headed opinions?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)