|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
(a) Because Mattie enjoys it.
(b) Because her mother is unable to do the math.
(c) Because her mother thought that it would be a good way for Mattie to learn mathematical skills.
(d) Because her mother is too tired.
2. Before Mattie's grandfather came to live with them what was his profession?
(a) He was the captain of a ship.
(b) He was a chef.
(c) He was a carpenter.
(d) He was an army captain.
3. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
(a) A new job.
(b) Some more friends.
(c) Some new clothes.
(d) A husband.
4. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
(a) She handles all of the advertising.
(b) She brews the best coffee.
(c) Matilda's mother cannot cook and Eliza is an excellent cook.
(d) She takes care of all of the paper work.
5. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
(a) The Free African Society.
(b) A church meeting.
(c) The Society to Cure the Fever.
(d) The Culinary Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Polly?
2. What happens to Colette at the end of Chapter 7?
3. How do the Ogilvie daughters treat Mattie?
4. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
5. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)