|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
2. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
(a) She handles all of the advertising.
(b) She takes care of all of the paper work.
(c) Matilda's mother cannot cook and Eliza is an excellent cook.
(d) She brews the best coffee.
3. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
(b) Because they are weak.
(c) Because they have bad luck.
(d) Because they are dirty.
4. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
(a) To Polly's funeral.
(b) To a party at the Oglivies' home.
(c) To have tea at the Ogilvies' home.
(d) To a meeting for business owners.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
(a) Rainy days.
(b) Cold days.
(c) Working hard.
(d) Hot days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Colette at the end of Chapter 7?
2. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
3. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
4. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
5. What language are the Ogilvie children studying?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)