|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(b) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
(c) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
(d) To the river for a swim.
2. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
(a) Matilda's mother cannot cook and Eliza is an excellent cook.
(b) She takes care of all of the paper work.
(c) She handles all of the advertising.
(d) She brews the best coffee.
3. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
(a) Because she wants to sell the food.
(b) Because she dislikes Polly's family.
(c) Because she is afraid that Matilda will become ill.
(d) Because she wants Matilda to get back to work.
4. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
5. Who is King George?
(a) A parrot.
(b) The king of England.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
2. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
3. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
4. What language are the Ogilvie children studying?
5. What happens to Colette at the end of Chapter 7?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)