|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
(a) Because Silas knocked them down while chasing a squirrel.
(b) Eliza spilled dirty ditch water on them.
(c) She needs to wash them twice because of the fever germs.
(d) She dropped them.
2. Who is King George?
(a) A dog.
(b) A parrot.
(c) A cat.
(d) The king of England.
3. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
(a) Because her mother thought that it would be a good way for Mattie to learn mathematical skills.
(b) Because Mattie enjoys it.
(c) Because her mother is unable to do the math.
(d) Because her mother is too tired.
4. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
(b) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(c) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
(d) To the river for a swim.
5. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
(a) Stole some eggs.
(b) Bought some meat below fourth street.
(c) Knocked over a stand spilling produce.
(d) Acted inappropriately.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
2. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
3. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
4. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
5. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)