|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
2. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
(a) She takes care of all of the paper work.
(b) Matilda's mother cannot cook and Eliza is an excellent cook.
(c) She brews the best coffee.
(d) She handles all of the advertising.
3. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
(a) Matilda feels like a servant.
(b) Matilda and her mother do not have a relationship.
(c) Matilda and her mother are friends.
(d) Matilda and her mother are more like sisters than mother and daughter.
4. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(b) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
(c) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
(d) To the river for a swim.
5. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 7 Mattie's mother pays her a compliment. What does she tell her?
3. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
4. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
5. How does Mattie feel about the invitation?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)