|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(b) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
(c) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
(d) To the river for a swim.
2. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
(b) People are celebrating.
(c) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
(d) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
3. Where are the Ogilvie sons?
(a) In the country.
(b) Away at school.
(c) At a meeting with the mayor.
(d) At war.
4. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
(a) Matilda does not want to work and her mother is making her.
(b) Matilda wants to go to the funeral and her mother does not want her to go.
(c) Matilda wants to go away to school and her mother does not want her to go.
(d) Matilda wants a new dress and her mother says no.
5. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
(a) Because her mother is unable to do the math.
(b) Because her mother thought that it would be a good way for Mattie to learn mathematical skills.
(c) Because her mother is too tired.
(d) Because Mattie enjoys it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is King George?
2. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
3. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
4. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
5. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)