|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
(b) People are celebrating.
(c) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
(d) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
2. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they have bad luck.
(b) Because they are dirty.
(c) Because they are weak.
(d) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
3. Who is Polly?
(a) The serving girl.
(b) Matilda's best friend.
(c) A slave.
(d) Matilda's sister.
4. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
(a) Colette's health is worsening.
(b) Colette's health has not changed.
(c) Colette's health is improving.
(d) She does not get a response.
5. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) George Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Matilda's father?
2. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
3. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
4. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
5. What language are the Ogilvie children studying?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)