|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
(a) She does not get a response.
(b) Colette's health is improving.
(c) Colette's health is worsening.
(d) Colette's health has not changed.
2. Why has Mrs. Ogilvie been lonely?
(a) All of her friends are angry with her.
(b) She has never had any friends.
(c) All of her friends have moved away.
(d) All of her friends have gone to the country because of the fever.
3. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
(a) Eliza spilled dirty ditch water on them.
(b) Because Silas knocked them down while chasing a squirrel.
(c) She needs to wash them twice because of the fever germs.
(d) She dropped them.
4. Who is Polly?
(a) Matilda's best friend.
(b) The serving girl.
(c) Matilda's sister.
(d) A slave.
5. Where are the Ogilvie sons?
(a) In the country.
(b) At war.
(c) At a meeting with the mayor.
(d) Away at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
2. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
3. How did Polly die?
4. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
5. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)