|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Matilda's father?
(a) He fell from a ladder and died.
(b) He was killed in the war.
(c) He lives in Europe.
(d) He and Matilda's mother are divorced.
2. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the market.
(c) To the country.
(d) To the newspaper office.
3. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
4. Why has Mrs. Ogilvie been lonely?
(a) She has never had any friends.
(b) All of her friends have gone to the country because of the fever.
(c) All of her friends have moved away.
(d) All of her friends are angry with her.
5. How did Polly die?
(a) She drowned.
(b) She was run down by a horse.
(c) She was struck by a sudden fever.
(d) She has been sick for a long time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language are the Ogilvie children studying?
2. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
3. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
4. Who is King George?
5. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)