|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
(a) Hot days.
(b) Working hard.
(c) Rainy days.
(d) Cold days.
3. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
(a) To the market.
(b) To the country.
(c) To the newspaper office.
(d) To the hospital.
4. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
(a) The Culinary Society.
(b) A church meeting.
(c) The Society to Cure the Fever.
(d) The Free African Society.
5. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
(b) People are celebrating.
(c) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
(d) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Mattie's grandfather came to live with them what was his profession?
2. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
3. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
4. What language are the Ogilvie children studying?
5. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)