|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
(a) George Bush.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
2. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
(b) Because they are weak.
(c) Because they are dirty.
(d) Because they have bad luck.
3. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
(a) To the country.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To the newspaper office.
(d) To the market.
4. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) Her former teacher.
(b) A friend of her mother's.
(c) Nathaniel Benson.
(d) Polly's mother.
5. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
(a) She brews the best coffee.
(b) She takes care of all of the paper work.
(c) Matilda's mother cannot cook and Eliza is an excellent cook.
(d) She handles all of the advertising.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Polly die?
2. What happened to Matilda's father?
3. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
4. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
5. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)