|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 7 Mattie's mother pays her a compliment. What does she tell her?
(a) That she is a wonderful daughter.
(b) That she is funny.
(c) That she is pretty.
(d) That she is smart.
2. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
(a) To eat for a snack.
(b) To add to the soup she was making.
(c) To keep the flies away from her.
(d) To help kill germs.
3. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
(a) She has always been bitter.
(b) Having to work hard.
(c) The death of her father.
(d) Polly's death.
4. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
(a) Colette's health is worsening.
(b) Colette's health is improving.
(c) Colette's health has not changed.
(d) She does not get a response.
5. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
(a) Mrs. Cook.
(c) Nathaniel Benson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that Polly has died who is responsible for her chores?
2. Matilda and her mother live above what type of business?
3. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
4. What language are the Ogilvie children studying?
5. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)