|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) George Washington.
2. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
(a) She dropped them.
(b) Eliza spilled dirty ditch water on them.
(c) Because Silas knocked them down while chasing a squirrel.
(d) She needs to wash them twice because of the fever germs.
3. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
(b) Washington D.C.
(d) New York City.
4. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) Her former teacher.
(b) Nathaniel Benson.
(c) A friend of her mother's.
(d) Polly's mother.
5. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
(b) People are celebrating.
(c) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
(d) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
2. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
3. How did Polly die?
4. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
5. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)