|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
(a) She tells her she is horrid.
(b) She tells her that she is mean.
(c) She tells her that she is ugly.
(d) She tells her she hates her.
2. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
(a) The death of her father.
(b) Having to work hard.
(c) Polly's death.
(d) She has always been bitter.
3. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
(a) Because she wants to be friends with Mrs. Ogilvie.
(b) Because she does not want to go.
(c) Because Edward Ogilvie is a potential husband for Mattie.
(d) Because she is afraid of catching the fever.
4. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
(a) To have tea at the Ogilvies' home.
(b) To Polly's funeral.
(c) To a meeting for business owners.
(d) To a party at the Oglivies' home.
5. Who is King George?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) The king of England.
(d) A parrot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
3. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
4. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
5. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)