|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
(b) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(c) To the river for a swim.
(d) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
2. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
(a) Some more friends.
(b) A new job.
(c) A husband.
(d) Some new clothes.
3. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
(b) People are celebrating.
(c) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
(d) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
4. Who is King George?
(a) A dog.
(b) The king of England.
(c) A parrot.
(d) A cat.
5. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
(a) George Washington.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
2. What happened to Matilda's father?
3. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
4. Before Mattie's grandfather came to live with them what was his profession?
5. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)