|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
(a) Because she wants Matilda to get back to work.
(b) Because she wants to sell the food.
(c) Because she is afraid that Matilda will become ill.
(d) Because she dislikes Polly's family.
2. What happened to Matilda's father?
(a) He and Matilda's mother are divorced.
(b) He fell from a ladder and died.
(c) He was killed in the war.
(d) He lives in Europe.
3. Who is Polly?
(a) Matilda's best friend.
(b) Matilda's sister.
(c) A slave.
(d) The serving girl.
4. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
5. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
(a) She tells her that she is ugly.
(b) She tells her that she is mean.
(c) She tells her she is horrid.
(d) She tells her she hates her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
2. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
3. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
4. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)