|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(b) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
(c) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
(d) To the river for a swim.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
(a) Rainy days.
(b) Working hard.
(c) Cold days.
(d) Hot days.
3. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
(a) Eliza spilled dirty ditch water on them.
(b) She dropped them.
(c) She needs to wash them twice because of the fever germs.
(d) Because Silas knocked them down while chasing a squirrel.
4. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
(a) To a party at the Oglivies' home.
(b) To have tea at the Ogilvies' home.
(c) To a meeting for business owners.
(d) To Polly's funeral.
5. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) George Bush.
(d) George Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
2. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
3. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
4. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
5. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)