|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Polly die?
(a) She drowned.
(b) She has been sick for a long time.
(c) She was run down by a horse.
(d) She was struck by a sudden fever.
2. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To Europe.
(c) To a friend's farm.
3. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
4. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
(a) Because she wants Matilda to get back to work.
(b) Because she dislikes Polly's family.
(c) Because she wants to sell the food.
(d) Because she is afraid that Matilda will become ill.
5. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
(a) To a party at the Oglivies' home.
(b) To a meeting for business owners.
(c) To Polly's funeral.
(d) To have tea at the Ogilvies' home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that Polly has died who is responsible for her chores?
2. What happened to Matilda's father?
3. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
4. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
5. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)