|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
(a) New York City.
(c) Washington D.C.
2. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) George Bush.
3. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
(a) To a party at the Oglivies' home.
(b) To a meeting for business owners.
(c) To have tea at the Ogilvies' home.
(d) To Polly's funeral.
4. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To Europe.
(c) To a friend's farm.
5. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
(a) Matilda wants to go away to school and her mother does not want her to go.
(b) Matilda wants to go to the funeral and her mother does not want her to go.
(c) Matilda does not want to work and her mother is making her.
(d) Matilda wants a new dress and her mother says no.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
2. Who is King George?
3. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
4. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
5. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)