|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
(a) Knocked over a stand spilling produce.
(b) Acted inappropriately.
(c) Bought some meat below fourth street.
(d) Stole some eggs.
2. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they are dirty.
(b) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
(c) Because they are weak.
(d) Because they have bad luck.
3. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) George Bush.
(d) George Washington.
4. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
(a) Matilda does not want to work and her mother is making her.
(b) Matilda wants to go to the funeral and her mother does not want her to go.
(c) Matilda wants a new dress and her mother says no.
(d) Matilda wants to go away to school and her mother does not want her to go.
5. Who is Polly?
(a) Matilda's best friend.
(b) A slave.
(c) The serving girl.
(d) Matilda's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Matilda's father?
2. Now that Polly has died who is responsible for her chores?
3. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
4. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
5. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)