|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
2. Matilda and her mother live above what type of business?
(a) A Blacksmith.
(b) A Shoemaker.
(c) A Coffeehouse.
(d) A General Store.
3. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
(a) Because she does not want to go.
(b) Because she is afraid of catching the fever.
(c) Because she wants to be friends with Mrs. Ogilvie.
(d) Because Edward Ogilvie is a potential husband for Mattie.
4. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
5. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
(a) Matilda and her mother do not have a relationship.
(b) Matilda and her mother are more like sisters than mother and daughter.
(c) Matilda and her mother are friends.
(d) Matilda feels like a servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
2. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
3. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
4. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
5. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)