|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
(b) New York City.
(c) Washington D.C.
2. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
(a) Because her mother is too tired.
(b) Because her mother thought that it would be a good way for Mattie to learn mathematical skills.
(c) Because Mattie enjoys it.
(d) Because her mother is unable to do the math.
3. Before Mattie's grandfather came to live with them what was his profession?
(a) He was a chef.
(b) He was an army captain.
(c) He was the captain of a ship.
(d) He was a carpenter.
4. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
(a) Acted inappropriately.
(b) Bought some meat below fourth street.
(c) Stole some eggs.
(d) Knocked over a stand spilling produce.
5. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
(a) Because she wants to be friends with Mrs. Ogilvie.
(b) Because she does not want to go.
(c) Because Edward Ogilvie is a potential husband for Mattie.
(d) Because she is afraid of catching the fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
2. Now that Polly has died who is responsible for her chores?
3. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
5. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)