|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they are weak.
(b) Because they have bad luck.
(c) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
(d) Because they are dirty.
2. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
3. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
(a) Matilda wants to go away to school and her mother does not want her to go.
(b) Matilda wants to go to the funeral and her mother does not want her to go.
(c) Matilda does not want to work and her mother is making her.
(d) Matilda wants a new dress and her mother says no.
4. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
(a) Because she wants Matilda to get back to work.
(b) Because she is afraid that Matilda will become ill.
(c) Because she wants to sell the food.
(d) Because she dislikes Polly's family.
5. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
(a) Matilda feels like a servant.
(b) Matilda and her mother are friends.
(c) Matilda and her mother are more like sisters than mother and daughter.
(d) Matilda and her mother do not have a relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mattie feel about the invitation?
2. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
3. What happened to Matilda's father?
4. Who is Polly?
5. Now that Polly has died who is responsible for her chores?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)