|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Polly die?
(a) She has been sick for a long time.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She was run down by a horse.
(d) She was struck by a sudden fever.
2. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(b) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
(c) To the river for a swim.
(d) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
3. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
(a) Matilda and her mother are more like sisters than mother and daughter.
(b) Matilda and her mother are friends.
(c) Matilda feels like a servant.
(d) Matilda and her mother do not have a relationship.
4. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) New York City.
5. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
(a) Because she is afraid of catching the fever.
(b) Because Edward Ogilvie is a potential husband for Mattie.
(c) Because she wants to be friends with Mrs. Ogilvie.
(d) Because she does not want to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
2. Who is King George?
3. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
5. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)