|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
(a) A new job.
(b) Some new clothes.
(c) A husband.
(d) Some more friends.
2. How did Polly die?
(a) She drowned.
(b) She was struck by a sudden fever.
(c) She was run down by a horse.
(d) She has been sick for a long time.
3. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
(a) To have tea at the Ogilvies' home.
(b) To a party at the Oglivies' home.
(c) To a meeting for business owners.
(d) To Polly's funeral.
4. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
(a) Because Silas knocked them down while chasing a squirrel.
(b) Eliza spilled dirty ditch water on them.
(c) She dropped them.
(d) She needs to wash them twice because of the fever germs.
5. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) Her former teacher.
(b) Polly's mother.
(c) A friend of her mother's.
(d) Nathaniel Benson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
2. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
3. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
4. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
5. Who is King George?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)