|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
(a) To a friend's farm.
(c) To the mountains.
(d) To Europe.
2. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
3. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
(a) Because she wants to sell the food.
(b) Because she wants Matilda to get back to work.
(c) Because she dislikes Polly's family.
(d) Because she is afraid that Matilda will become ill.
4. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
(b) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
(c) People are celebrating.
(d) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
5. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
(a) Matilda and her mother are friends.
(b) Matilda feels like a servant.
(c) Matilda and her mother are more like sisters than mother and daughter.
(d) Matilda and her mother do not have a relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
2. Matilda and her mother live above what type of business?
3. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
4. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
5. How did Polly die?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)