|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) Nathaniel Benson.
(b) A friend of her mother's.
(c) Polly's mother.
(d) Her former teacher.
2. Matilda and her mother live above what type of business?
(a) A Blacksmith.
(b) A Shoemaker.
(c) A General Store.
(d) A Coffeehouse.
3. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
(a) Matilda and her mother are more like sisters than mother and daughter.
(b) Matilda and her mother do not have a relationship.
(c) Matilda feels like a servant.
(d) Matilda and her mother are friends.
4. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
(a) Because Silas knocked them down while chasing a squirrel.
(b) She needs to wash them twice because of the fever germs.
(c) Eliza spilled dirty ditch water on them.
(d) She dropped them.
5. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
(b) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
(c) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(d) To the river for a swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Polly?
2. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
3. Now that Polly has died who is responsible for her chores?
4. Who is King George?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)