|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Polly?
(a) A slave.
(b) The serving girl.
(c) Matilda's sister.
(d) Matilda's best friend.
2. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) Nathaniel Benson.
(b) Polly's mother.
(c) Her former teacher.
(d) A friend of her mother's.
3. How did Polly die?
(a) She has been sick for a long time.
(b) She was run down by a horse.
(c) She was struck by a sudden fever.
(d) She drowned.
4. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
(a) Because she is afraid of catching the fever.
(b) Because she does not want to go.
(c) Because Edward Ogilvie is a potential husband for Mattie.
(d) Because she wants to be friends with Mrs. Ogilvie.
5. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
2. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
3. How does Mattie feel about the invitation?
4. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
5. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)