|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) New York City.
2. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
(a) To a friend's farm.
(c) To the mountains.
(d) To Europe.
3. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
(b) Because they are weak.
(c) Because they have bad luck.
(d) Because they are dirty.
4. How does Mattie feel about the invitation?
(a) She does not want to go.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She does not want to go.
(d) She is afraid of catching the fever.
5. Now that Polly has died who is responsible for her chores?
(a) A new serving girl has been hired.
(c) Mattie's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Mattie's grandfather came to live with them what was his profession?
2. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
3. Matilda and her mother live above what type of business?
4. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
5. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)