|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Now that Polly has died who is responsible for her chores?
(b) Mattie's mother.
(d) A new serving girl has been hired.
2. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
(a) Matilda and her mother are more like sisters than mother and daughter.
(b) Matilda and her mother are friends.
(c) Matilda and her mother do not have a relationship.
(d) Matilda feels like a servant.
3. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
(a) Because her mother thought that it would be a good way for Mattie to learn mathematical skills.
(b) Because her mother is too tired.
(c) Because her mother is unable to do the math.
(d) Because Mattie enjoys it.
4. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To Europe.
(d) To a friend's farm.
5. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
(b) Because they are weak.
(c) Because they are dirty.
(d) Because they have bad luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
2. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
3. Matilda and her mother live above what type of business?
4. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
5. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)