|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
(a) Because she wants to sell the food.
(b) Because she is afraid that Matilda will become ill.
(c) Because she dislikes Polly's family.
(d) Because she wants Matilda to get back to work.
2. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
(a) She takes care of all of the paper work.
(b) She brews the best coffee.
(c) She handles all of the advertising.
(d) Matilda's mother cannot cook and Eliza is an excellent cook.
3. Who is Polly?
(a) Matilda's best friend.
(b) A slave.
(c) Matilda's sister.
(d) The serving girl.
4. What happened to Matilda's father?
(a) He was killed in the war.
(b) He lives in Europe.
(c) He fell from a ladder and died.
(d) He and Matilda's mother are divorced.
5. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To a friend's farm.
(c) To Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
2. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
3. How did Polly die?
4. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
5. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)