|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
(a) A husband.
(b) Some new clothes.
(c) Some more friends.
(d) A new job.
2. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
(a) Because her mother is too tired.
(b) Because her mother is unable to do the math.
(c) Because her mother thought that it would be a good way for Mattie to learn mathematical skills.
(d) Because Mattie enjoys it.
3. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) George Bush.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
4. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
(a) Matilda wants a new dress and her mother says no.
(b) Matilda wants to go to the funeral and her mother does not want her to go.
(c) Matilda wants to go away to school and her mother does not want her to go.
(d) Matilda does not want to work and her mother is making her.
5. How did Polly die?
(a) She was run down by a horse.
(b) She was struck by a sudden fever.
(c) She drowned.
(d) She has been sick for a long time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that Polly has died who is responsible for her chores?
2. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
3. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
4. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
5. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)