|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) George Washington.
(c) George Bush.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
2. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
3. Who is leaving with Mattie?
(c) Mrs. Cook.
(d) Nathaniel Benson.
4. Before Mattie's grandfather came to live with them what was his profession?
(a) He was an army captain.
(b) He was a carpenter.
(c) He was a chef.
(d) He was the captain of a ship.
5. When are patients discharged?
(a) When they are strong enough to walk on their own.
(b) When they are unable to pay.
(c) When they are not coughing any longer.
(d) When they have not had a fever for 24 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
2. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
3. What does Mattie compare the clerk to?
4. What do Grandfather and Mattie find when they look upstairs?
5. What does Grandfather promise Mrs. Flagg?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)