|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Polly die?
(a) She drowned.
(b) She was struck by a sudden fever.
(c) She has been sick for a long time.
(d) She was run down by a horse.
2. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
(a) Matilda feels like a servant.
(b) Matilda and her mother are more like sisters than mother and daughter.
(c) Matilda and her mother do not have a relationship.
(d) Matilda and her mother are friends.
3. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
(a) Because she wants to be friends with Mrs. Ogilvie.
(b) Because Edward Ogilvie is a potential husband for Mattie.
(c) Because she is afraid of catching the fever.
(d) Because she does not want to go.
4. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
(a) She has always been bitter.
(b) Having to work hard.
(c) Polly's death.
(d) The death of her father.
5. What does Mattie do to keep herself from crying?
(a) She bites the inside of her cheek.
(b) She takes deep breathes.
(c) She does not stop herself.
(d) She counts to ten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
2. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
3. What does Mattie do once they get her mother upstairs in bed?
4. Who do Grandfather and Eliza bring to help the next morning?
5. Who is Dr. Rowley?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)