Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After reading Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 how would you characterize Matilda's relationship with her mother?
(a) Matilda feels like a servant.
(b) Matilda and her mother are friends.
(c) Matilda and her mother are more like sisters than mother and daughter.
(d) Matilda and her mother do not have a relationship.
2. What happened to Matilda's father?
(a) He and Matilda's mother are divorced.
(b) He fell from a ladder and died.
(c) He was killed in the war.
(d) He lives in Europe.
3. What do the men in the coffeehouse say that they need to find for Mattie?
(a) Some more friends.
(b) A husband.
(c) A new job.
(d) Some new clothes.
4. When thinking about her grandfather, her mother and Eliza, Mattie decides that who has the most strong-headed opinions?
(a) They are an even match.
(c) Mrs. Cook.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
(a) Hot days.
(b) Rainy days.
(c) Working hard.
(d) Cold days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
2. Who is King George?
3. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
4. How does Mattie feel about the invitation?
5. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)