Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why Eliza so important to the Coffeehouse?
(a) She takes care of all of the paper work.
(b) She handles all of the advertising.
(c) Matilda's mother cannot cook and Eliza is an excellent cook.
(d) She brews the best coffee.
2. How does Mattie feel about the invitation?
(a) She does not want to go.
(b) She does not want to go.
(c) She is afraid of catching the fever.
(d) She is excited.
3. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
(a) She tells her she hates her.
(b) She tells her that she is ugly.
(c) She tells her she is horrid.
(d) She tells her that she is mean.
4. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
(a) Knocked over a stand spilling produce.
(b) Bought some meat below fourth street.
(c) Stole some eggs.
(d) Acted inappropriately.
5. Why does Mattie handle the bills and the exchange of money?
(a) Because her mother is unable to do the math.
(b) Because Mattie enjoys it.
(c) Because her mother thought that it would be a good way for Mattie to learn mathematical skills.
(d) Because her mother is too tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Polly?
2. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
3. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
4. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
5. Under which famous political figure did Mattie's grandfather serve?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)