|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are patients discharged?
(a) When they are not coughing any longer.
(b) When they are unable to pay.
(c) When they have not had a fever for 24 hours.
(d) When they are strong enough to walk on their own.
2. When thinking about her grandfather, her mother and Eliza, Mattie decides that who has the most strong-headed opinions?
(b) They are an even match.
(d) Mrs. Cook.
3. How does this new person help Mrs. Cook?
(a) He prescribes antibiotics.
(b) He cuts her and lets her bleed.
(c) He says that there is nothing he can do to help.
(d) He gives her a shot.
4. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
(a) To a meeting for business owners.
(b) To Polly's funeral.
(c) To have tea at the Ogilvies' home.
(d) To a party at the Oglivies' home.
5. Who does Nell cry out for?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Mother Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
2. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
3. How does Mattie help the man pushing the cart?
4. What type of fruit does Mattie find on her walk back to Grandfather?
5. What does Nell want from Eliza?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)