|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King George demand from Mattie?
(a) Tea and rum.
(b) To go home.
(c) Bacon and eggs.
(d) Bread and berries.
2. How does Mattie help the man pushing the cart?
(a) She fixes the cart.
(b) She takes one of the handles.
(c) She gets a man from the street to help.
(d) She does not help.
3. What does Mrs. Bowles suggest to Mattie?
(a) That she goes back to school.
(b) That she reopens the coffee house.
(c) That she works at the orphan house.
(d) That she goes back to Bush Hill.
4. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
(a) To add to the soup she was making.
(b) To help kill germs.
(c) To keep the flies away from her.
(d) To eat for a snack.
5. Who is Susannah?
(a) Mattie's cousin.
(b) Mattie's aunt.
(c) A young girl going to work at the orphan house.
(d) A nurse on the wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the farmer throw Mattie and Grandfather off of the wagon?
2. What woke up Mattie?
3. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
4. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
5. One of the neighbors suggests that Mattie can find help for Nell by talking to whom?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)