|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mattie not tell her Grandfather about her fishing experience?
(a) She does not want to admit defeat.
(b) She does not want to share the fish she caught.
(c) She does not want to make him feel more hunger by thinking of fish.
(d) Because she does not want to share her secret way of catching fish.
2. What does Mrs. Bowles suggest to Mattie?
(a) That she goes back to Bush Hill.
(b) That she reopens the coffee house.
(c) That she goes back to school.
(d) That she works at the orphan house.
3. What does Mattie demand from the gravediggers?
(a) That they not bury Grandfather without a prayer.
(b) That they bury him immediately.
(c) That they put the portrait with Grandfather.
(d) That they dig a separate grave for Grandfather.
4. What does Eliza see when she looks at the boy's eyes?
(a) They are watering.
(b) They are normal.
(c) They will not open.
(d) They are blood-shot and yellow-stained.
5. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
(a) Colette's health has not changed.
(b) Colette's health is improving.
(c) Colette's health is worsening.
(d) She does not get a response.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
2. Who does Mattie think she sees when she is walking to get help for Nell?
3. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
4. What does Grandfather promise Mrs. Flagg?
5. Who does Nell cry out for?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)