|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
2. Why does Grandfather not wake up?
(a) Because he is sick.
(b) Because he has died.
(c) He does wake up.
(d) Because he was in such a deep sleep.
3. What does Mattie compare the clerk to?
(a) A snake.
(b) A clown.
(c) A lion.
(d) A toad.
4. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
(a) Colette's health is worsening.
(b) Colette's health has not changed.
(c) Colette's health is improving.
(d) She does not get a response.
5. Where do Mattie and Eliza place the mattress?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) On the floor.
(c) On the tables.
(d) In the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nell cry out for?
2. Who is Susannah?
3. What does Mattie find in the garden that makes her dance?
4. What does Mattie get from the coffeehouse for Grandfather's burial?
5. One of the neighbors suggests that Mattie can find help for Nell by talking to whom?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)