|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
2. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
(a) She dropped them.
(b) Eliza spilled dirty ditch water on them.
(c) Because Silas knocked them down while chasing a squirrel.
(d) She needs to wash them twice because of the fever germs.
3. What does Mattie compare the clerk to?
(a) A toad.
(b) A lion.
(c) A snake.
(d) A clown.
4. When thinking about her grandfather, her mother and Eliza, Mattie decides that who has the most strong-headed opinions?
(b) Mrs. Cook.
(c) They are an even match.
5. Why does Mattie think that the bugs are bothering them at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Because of the fever.
(b) Because of the food Eliza packed.
(c) Because of the horse.
(d) Because the baby needs a clean diaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mother Smith have sent to the cooperage?
2. Who is Nell?
3. Why does Mattie not tell her Grandfather about her fishing experience?
4. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
5. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)