|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
(a) Colette's health is worsening.
(b) She does not get a response.
(c) Colette's health has not changed.
(d) Colette's health is improving.
2. Who does Mattie walk home with?
(a) Nathaniel Benson.
(c) Mrs. Cook.
(d) Mrs. Epler.
3. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
(a) Because she is afraid of catching the fever.
(b) Because Edward Ogilvie is a potential husband for Mattie.
(c) Because she does not want to go.
(d) Because she wants to be friends with Mrs. Ogilvie.
4. Why does Mattie think that the bugs are bothering them at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Because of the fever.
(b) Because of the horse.
(c) Because of the food Eliza packed.
(d) Because the baby needs a clean diaper.
5. When Mattie leaves her bed for the first time alone where does she go?
(a) To get something to eat.
(b) To find Nathaniel.
(c) To find her Grandfather.
(d) To the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
2. Who does Nell cry out for?
3. Why does Mattie not tell her Grandfather about her fishing experience?
4. Why does Grandfather not wake up?
5. What does Nell want from Eliza?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)