|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie decide she needs at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) A bath.
(b) To open the coffee house.
(d) Medical attention.
2. What does Mrs. Bowles suggest to Mattie?
(a) That she goes back to Bush Hill.
(b) That she works at the orphan house.
(c) That she goes back to school.
(d) That she reopens the coffee house.
3. What does Mattie demand from the gravediggers?
(a) That they not bury Grandfather without a prayer.
(b) That they dig a separate grave for Grandfather.
(c) That they put the portrait with Grandfather.
(d) That they bury him immediately.
4. Who does Grandfather compare Mattie to?
(d) Her mother, Mrs. Cook.
5. Who does Mattie think she sees when she is walking to get help for Nell?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Nathaniel Benson.
(d) Her Grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
2. When Mattie leaves her bed for the first time alone where does she go?
3. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
4. How did Polly die?
5. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)