|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie decide is the only way to find Eliza?
(a) She yells, "Eliza!" as loud as possible into the street.
(b) She goes door to door.
(c) She posts posters.
(d) She places an ad in the paper.
2. What does Eliza see when she looks at the boy's eyes?
(a) They are normal.
(b) They are blood-shot and yellow-stained.
(c) They will not open.
(d) They are watering.
3. When are patients discharged?
(a) When they are strong enough to walk on their own.
(b) When they are not coughing any longer.
(c) When they have not had a fever for 24 hours.
(d) When they are unable to pay.
4. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
(a) Because she does not want to go.
(b) Because Edward Ogilvie is a potential husband for Mattie.
(c) Because she is afraid of catching the fever.
(d) Because she wants to be friends with Mrs. Ogilvie.
5. What happens to Mattie at the end of the chapter?
(a) She becomes ill and passes out.
(b) She decides to stay at the farm.
(c) She trips and breaks her leg.
(d) She catches fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eliza tell Mattie that she should eat slowly?
2. What is Mattie given at the market?
3. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
4. How regularly did Mattie bathe before the fever?
5. What does Mattie compare the clerk to?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)