|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mattie fall asleep?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) On the mattress with the children.
(c) In the garden.
(d) On the floor.
2. What does Mattie decide she needs at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) Medical attention.
(b) A bath.
(c) To open the coffee house.
3. When Mattie leaves her bed for the first time alone where does she go?
(a) To the bathroom.
(b) To find her Grandfather.
(c) To get something to eat.
(d) To find Nathaniel.
4. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
5. Where does the clerk threaten to take Mattie?
(a) To the prison.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To the city.
(d) To the orphan house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eliza see when she looks at the boy's eyes?
2. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
3. What does Mattie compare the clerk to?
4. How did Polly die?
5. Who does Grandfather compare Mattie to?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)