|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Grandfather and Eliza bring to help the next morning?
(a) Mr. Carris
(b) The mayor.
(c) Dr. Kerr.
(d) Dr. Rowley.
2. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
(a) To the newspaper office.
(b) To the market.
(c) To the country.
(d) To the hospital.
3. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
(b) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(c) To the river for a swim.
(d) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
4. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
(a) To Polly's funeral.
(b) To a meeting for business owners.
(c) To have tea at the Ogilvies' home.
(d) To a party at the Oglivies' home.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
(a) Working hard.
(b) Rainy days.
(c) Hot days.
(d) Cold days.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
2. Who is leaving with Mattie?
3. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
4. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
5. Who will stay with Mrs. Cook?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)