|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
(b) To the mountains.
(c) To Europe.
(d) To a friend's farm.
2. Why is Mattie Leaving?
(a) Dr. Kerr says that it is the only way to keep her safe.
(b) She wants to be with Nathaniel Benson.
(c) She wants to be the Ogilvie family.
(d) She decides that it is the only way she will be safe.
3. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
(a) To the country.
(b) To the newspaper office.
(c) To the market.
(d) To the hospital.
4. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
(a) To eat for a snack.
(b) To help kill germs.
(c) To add to the soup she was making.
(d) To keep the flies away from her.
5. Who is leaving with Mattie?
(b) Nathaniel Benson.
(d) Mrs. Cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
2. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
3. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
4. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
5. How did Polly die?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)