|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
(a) Because Silas knocked them down while chasing a squirrel.
(b) She needs to wash them twice because of the fever germs.
(c) Eliza spilled dirty ditch water on them.
(d) She dropped them.
2. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
(a) Because she wants to sell the food.
(b) Because she wants Matilda to get back to work.
(c) Because she dislikes Polly's family.
(d) Because she is afraid that Matilda will become ill.
3. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
(a) Colette's health is worsening.
(b) She does not get a response.
(c) Colette's health is improving.
(d) Colette's health has not changed.
4. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they are weak.
(b) Because they are dirty.
(c) Because they have bad luck.
(d) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
5. How did Polly die?
(a) She was run down by a horse.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She has been sick for a long time.
(d) She was struck by a sudden fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
2. Why is Mattie Leaving?
3. Who will stay with Mrs. Cook?
4. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
5. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)