|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) Her former teacher.
(b) A friend of her mother's.
(c) Polly's mother.
(d) Nathaniel Benson.
2. How did Polly die?
(a) She was run down by a horse.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She has been sick for a long time.
(d) She was struck by a sudden fever.
3. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
(a) To the market.
(b) To the country.
(c) To the newspaper office.
(d) To the hospital.
4. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
(a) To Europe.
(b) To a friend's farm.
(d) To the mountains.
5. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
(a) Stole some eggs.
(b) Acted inappropriately.
(c) Knocked over a stand spilling produce.
(d) Bought some meat below fourth street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
2. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
3. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
4. Who will stay with Mrs. Cook?
5. Why is Mattie Leaving?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)