|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
(a) Hot days.
(b) Cold days.
(c) Working hard.
(d) Rainy days.
2. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
(a) Mrs. Cook.
(c) Nathaniel Benson.
3. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
4. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) To the river for a swim.
(b) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(c) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
(d) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
5. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they are weak.
(b) Because they have bad luck.
(c) Because they are dirty.
(d) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Polly die?
2. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
3. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
4. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
5. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)