|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
(a) Matilda wants to go away to school and her mother does not want her to go.
(b) Matilda does not want to work and her mother is making her.
(c) Matilda wants a new dress and her mother says no.
(d) Matilda wants to go to the funeral and her mother does not want her to go.
2. How does Mattie feel about the invitation?
(a) She is afraid of catching the fever.
(b) She does not want to go.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She does not want to go.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
(a) Working hard.
(b) Rainy days.
(c) Hot days.
(d) Cold days.
4. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
(a) Knocked over a stand spilling produce.
(b) Bought some meat below fourth street.
(c) Stole some eggs.
(d) Acted inappropriately.
5. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) To the river for a swim.
(b) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(c) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
(d) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
2. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
3. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
4. How does Mattie reacting to leaving?
5. Why is Mattie Leaving?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)