|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
(b) Nathaniel Benson.
(c) Mrs. Cook.
2. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
(a) Polly's death.
(b) Having to work hard.
(c) The death of her father.
(d) She has always been bitter.
3. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
(a) She needs to wash them twice because of the fever germs.
(b) She dropped them.
(c) Eliza spilled dirty ditch water on them.
(d) Because Silas knocked them down while chasing a squirrel.
4. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
(a) Because Edward Ogilvie is a potential husband for Mattie.
(b) Because she is afraid of catching the fever.
(c) Because she does not want to go.
(d) Because she wants to be friends with Mrs. Ogilvie.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
(a) Hot days.
(b) Rainy days.
(c) Working hard.
(d) Cold days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will stay with Mrs. Cook?
2. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
3. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
4. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
5. Who is leaving with Mattie?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)