|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Polly die?
(a) She was struck by a sudden fever.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She has been sick for a long time.
(d) She was run down by a horse.
2. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
(b) People are celebrating.
(c) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
(d) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
3. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(b) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
(c) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
(d) To the river for a swim.
4. How does Mattie reacting to leaving?
(a) She is upset and does not want to be away from her mother.
(b) She does not care one way or another.
(c) She is scared.
(d) She is excited.
5. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
(a) She tells her she is horrid.
(b) She tells her that she is ugly.
(c) She tells her that she is mean.
(d) She tells her she hates her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Grandfather and Eliza bring to help the next morning?
2. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
3. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
4. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
5. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)