|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
(a) Matilda wants to go to the funeral and her mother does not want her to go.
(b) Matilda wants a new dress and her mother says no.
(c) Matilda does not want to work and her mother is making her.
(d) Matilda wants to go away to school and her mother does not want her to go.
2. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
3. Who is leaving with Mattie?
(b) Nathaniel Benson.
(d) Mrs. Cook.
4. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
(a) She needs to wash them twice because of the fever germs.
(b) Eliza spilled dirty ditch water on them.
(c) Because Silas knocked them down while chasing a squirrel.
(d) She dropped them.
5. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
(b) People are celebrating.
(c) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
(d) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does this new person help Mrs. Cook?
2. When thinking about her grandfather, her mother and Eliza, Mattie decides that who has the most strong-headed opinions?
3. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
4. Who do Grandfather and Eliza bring to help the next morning?
5. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)