|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
(a) Because she does not want to go.
(b) Because Edward Ogilvie is a potential husband for Mattie.
(c) Because she is afraid of catching the fever.
(d) Because she wants to be friends with Mrs. Ogilvie.
2. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
(a) She dropped them.
(b) Because Silas knocked them down while chasing a squirrel.
(c) She needs to wash them twice because of the fever germs.
(d) Eliza spilled dirty ditch water on them.
3. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
(a) To a meeting for business owners.
(b) To Polly's funeral.
(c) To a party at the Oglivies' home.
(d) To have tea at the Ogilvies' home.
4. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
(a) Colette's health has not changed.
(b) She does not get a response.
(c) Colette's health is improving.
(d) Colette's health is worsening.
5. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
(a) She tells her that she is mean.
(b) She tells her that she is ugly.
(c) She tells her she hates her.
(d) She tells her she is horrid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
2. How does this new person help Mrs. Cook?
3. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
5. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)