|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mattie feel about the invitation?
(a) She does not want to go.
(b) She does not want to go.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is afraid of catching the fever.
2. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
(a) The Free African Society.
(b) The Culinary Society.
(c) The Society to Cure the Fever.
(d) A church meeting.
3. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
(a) Bought some meat below fourth street.
(b) Acted inappropriately.
(c) Stole some eggs.
(d) Knocked over a stand spilling produce.
4. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
(a) Because she wants to sell the food.
(b) Because she is afraid that Matilda will become ill.
(c) Because she wants Matilda to get back to work.
(d) Because she dislikes Polly's family.
5. Who do Grandfather and Eliza bring to help the next morning?
(a) The mayor.
(b) Dr. Rowley.
(c) Dr. Kerr.
(d) Mr. Carris
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
2. How does Mattie reacting to leaving?
3. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
4. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)