|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
(a) To have tea at the Ogilvies' home.
(b) To Polly's funeral.
(c) To a meeting for business owners.
(d) To a party at the Oglivies' home.
2. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
(a) To keep the flies away from her.
(b) To eat for a snack.
(c) To help kill germs.
(d) To add to the soup she was making.
3. Who is leaving with Mattie?
(b) Mrs. Cook.
(d) Nathaniel Benson.
4. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) Her former teacher.
(b) Nathaniel Benson.
(c) A friend of her mother's.
(d) Polly's mother.
5. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
(b) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
(c) People are celebrating.
(d) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
2. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
3. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
4. How did Polly die?
5. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)