|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
(a) Stole some eggs.
(b) Knocked over a stand spilling produce.
(c) Acted inappropriately.
(d) Bought some meat below fourth street.
2. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) To the river for a swim.
(b) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(c) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
(d) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
3. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
4. How did Polly die?
(a) She has been sick for a long time.
(b) She was struck by a sudden fever.
(c) She drowned.
(d) She was run down by a horse.
5. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
2. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
3. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
5. Who will stay with Mrs. Cook?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)