|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
(a) To Europe.
(b) To the mountains.
(c) To a friend's farm.
2. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they are dirty.
(b) Because they are weak.
(c) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
(d) Because they have bad luck.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
(a) Hot days.
(b) Cold days.
(c) Working hard.
(d) Rainy days.
4. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
(b) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
(c) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
(d) People are celebrating.
5. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
(a) Matilda wants to go away to school and her mother does not want her to go.
(b) Matilda wants a new dress and her mother says no.
(c) Matilda does not want to work and her mother is making her.
(d) Matilda wants to go to the funeral and her mother does not want her to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
2. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
3. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
4. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
5. Why is Mattie Leaving?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)