|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
(a) Because she dislikes Polly's family.
(b) Because she is afraid that Matilda will become ill.
(c) Because she wants to sell the food.
(d) Because she wants Matilda to get back to work.
2. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
(a) The Society to Cure the Fever.
(b) The Free African Society.
(c) A church meeting.
(d) The Culinary Society.
3. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
(a) Matilda does not want to work and her mother is making her.
(b) Matilda wants to go away to school and her mother does not want her to go.
(c) Matilda wants a new dress and her mother says no.
(d) Matilda wants to go to the funeral and her mother does not want her to go.
4. Who do Grandfather and Eliza bring to help the next morning?
(a) Mr. Carris
(b) Dr. Kerr.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Dr. Rowley.
5. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
(a) To Europe.
(b) To a friend's farm.
(d) To the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
2. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
3. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
4. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
5. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)