|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
(b) Mrs. Cook.
(d) Nathaniel Benson.
2. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
(b) People are celebrating.
(c) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
(d) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
3. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
4. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
(a) The Society to Cure the Fever.
(b) The Free African Society.
(c) A church meeting.
(d) The Culinary Society.
5. How does Mattie feel about the invitation?
(a) She is afraid of catching the fever.
(b) She does not want to go.
(c) She does not want to go.
(d) She is excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
2. Who is leaving with Mattie?
3. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
4. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
5. How does this new person help Mrs. Cook?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)