|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Grandfather and Eliza bring to help the next morning?
(a) The mayor.
(b) Dr. Rowley.
(c) Dr. Kerr.
(d) Mr. Carris
2. How did Polly die?
(a) She has been sick for a long time.
(b) She was struck by a sudden fever.
(c) She drowned.
(d) She was run down by a horse.
3. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) A friend of her mother's.
(b) Polly's mother.
(c) Her former teacher.
(d) Nathaniel Benson.
4. Why is Mattie Leaving?
(a) She wants to be the Ogilvie family.
(b) Dr. Kerr says that it is the only way to keep her safe.
(c) She decides that it is the only way she will be safe.
(d) She wants to be with Nathaniel Benson.
5. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
(b) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
(c) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
(d) People are celebrating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
2. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
4. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
5. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)