|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Polly die?
(a) She has been sick for a long time.
(b) She drowned.
(c) She was struck by a sudden fever.
(d) She was run down by a horse.
2. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they have bad luck.
(b) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
(c) Because they are weak.
(d) Because they are dirty.
3. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
(a) Eliza spilled dirty ditch water on them.
(b) Because Silas knocked them down while chasing a squirrel.
(c) She dropped them.
(d) She needs to wash them twice because of the fever germs.
4. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
(a) Colette's health is worsening.
(b) Colette's health is improving.
(c) Colette's health has not changed.
(d) She does not get a response.
5. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) A friend of her mother's.
(b) Polly's mother.
(c) Nathaniel Benson.
(d) Her former teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
2. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
3. Who is leaving with Mattie?
4. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)