|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insult does Matilda say to her mother?
(a) She tells her she hates her.
(b) She tells her that she is ugly.
(c) She tells her that she is mean.
(d) She tells her she is horrid.
2. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
(a) To help kill germs.
(b) To keep the flies away from her.
(c) To add to the soup she was making.
(d) To eat for a snack.
3. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) A friend of her mother's.
(b) Her former teacher.
(c) Polly's mother.
(d) Nathaniel Benson.
4. Who will stay with Mrs. Cook?
(c) Dr. Kerr.
(d) A nurse will be hired.
5. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is leaving with Mattie?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
3. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
4. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
5. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)