|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matilda believe has made her mother so bitter?
(a) The death of her father.
(b) She has always been bitter.
(c) Having to work hard.
(d) Polly's death.
2. Why will Matilda's mother not allow Matilda to take Polly's family food?
(a) Because she wants to sell the food.
(b) Because she dislikes Polly's family.
(c) Because she is afraid that Matilda will become ill.
(d) Because she wants Matilda to get back to work.
3. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
(a) Knocked over a stand spilling produce.
(b) Bought some meat below fourth street.
(c) Acted inappropriately.
(d) Stole some eggs.
4. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
5. Who will stay with Mrs. Cook?
(a) A nurse will be hired.
(d) Dr. Kerr.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
2. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
3. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
4. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
5. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)