|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mattie have to rewash the tablecloths?
(a) Because Silas knocked them down while chasing a squirrel.
(b) Eliza spilled dirty ditch water on them.
(c) She dropped them.
(d) She needs to wash them twice because of the fever germs.
2. Where do Mattie and her mother get invited to go?
(a) To a party at the Oglivies' home.
(b) To Polly's funeral.
(c) To a meeting for business owners.
(d) To have tea at the Ogilvies' home.
3. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
4. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
(b) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(c) To the river for a swim.
(d) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
5. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
(a) Mrs. Cook.
(b) Nathaniel Benson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When thinking about her grandfather, her mother and Eliza, Mattie decides that who has the most strong-headed opinions?
2. Why does Mattie's mother make such a fuss over the invitation?
3. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
4. What do Matilda and her mother argue about in this chapter?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)