|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
(b) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
(c) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
(d) People are celebrating.
2. When thinking about her grandfather, her mother and Eliza, Mattie decides that who has the most strong-headed opinions?
(a) Mrs. Cook.
(c) They are an even match.
3. How would you characterize Matilda's reaction to Polly's death?
4. How does Mattie feel about the invitation?
(a) She does not want to go.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She does not want to go.
(d) She is afraid of catching the fever.
5. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
(b) Nathaniel Benson.
(d) Mrs. Cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandfather suggest that Nathaniel Benson did at the market?
2. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
4. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
5. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)