|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 6 what does Mattie vow never to complain about again?
(a) Working hard.
(b) Rainy days.
(c) Hot days.
(d) Cold days.
2. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People are celebrating.
(b) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
(c) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
(d) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
3. Why does Mattie not tell her Grandfather about her fishing experience?
(a) She does not want to share the fish she caught.
(b) She does not want to make him feel more hunger by thinking of fish.
(c) Because she does not want to share her secret way of catching fish.
(d) She does not want to admit defeat.
4. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they are dirty.
(b) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
(c) Because they have bad luck.
(d) Because they are weak.
5. How does Mattie help the man pushing the cart?
(a) She fixes the cart.
(b) She does not help.
(c) She takes one of the handles.
(d) She gets a man from the street to help.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
2. Who will stay with Mrs. Cook?
3. What does Mattie get from the coffeehouse for Grandfather's burial?
4. Who does Mattie think she sees when she is walking to get help for Nell?
5. Who comes back to town because of the frost?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)