|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
(b) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
(c) People are celebrating.
(d) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
2. When Mattie leaves her bed for the first time alone where does she go?
(a) To the bathroom.
(b) To find her Grandfather.
(c) To get something to eat.
(d) To find Nathaniel.
3. When are patients discharged?
(a) When they have not had a fever for 24 hours.
(b) When they are unable to pay.
(c) When they are not coughing any longer.
(d) When they are strong enough to walk on their own.
4. What does Grandfather promise Mrs. Flagg?
(a) To marry her.
(b) A house.
(c) A buy her dinner.
(d) To take her to a ball.
5. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
(a) She does not get a response.
(b) Colette's health is improving.
(c) Colette's health is worsening.
(d) Colette's health has not changed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How regularly did Mattie bathe before the fever?
2. What is Grandfather's contribution to dinner?
3. Who wakes Mattie up on her first morning back home?
4. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
5. Why does the farmer throw Mattie and Grandfather off of the wagon?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)