|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they have bad luck.
(b) Because they are dirty.
(c) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
(d) Because they are weak.
2. What does Mattie compare the clerk to?
(a) A snake.
(b) A toad.
(c) A clown.
(d) A lion.
3. Who wakes Mattie up on her first morning back home?
(d) People on the street.
4. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) Polly's mother.
(b) Nathaniel Benson.
(c) A friend of her mother's.
(d) Her former teacher.
5. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(b) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
(c) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
(d) To the river for a swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the clerk threaten to take Mattie?
2. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
3. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
4. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
5. How regularly did Mattie bathe before the fever?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)