|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
2. What type of lessons does Grandfather give Mattie?
(a) Spanish lessons.
(b) French lessons.
(c) Etiquette lessons.
(d) Soldiering lessons.
3. What does Grandfather promise Mrs. Flagg?
(a) A house.
(b) To take her to a ball.
(c) To marry her.
(d) A buy her dinner.
4. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they have bad luck.
(b) Because they are dirty.
(c) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
(d) Because they are weak.
5. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
(a) Colette's health has not changed.
(b) Colette's health is worsening.
(c) Colette's health is improving.
(d) She does not get a response.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
2. Who wakes Mattie up on her first morning back home?
3. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
4. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
5. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)