|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandfather not wake up?
(a) Because he is sick.
(b) Because he was in such a deep sleep.
(c) Because he has died.
(d) He does wake up.
2. When thinking about her grandfather, her mother and Eliza, Mattie decides that who has the most strong-headed opinions?
(a) Mrs. Cook.
(d) They are an even match.
3. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
(b) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
(c) To the river for a swim.
(d) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
4. When Mattie leaves her bed for the first time alone where does she go?
(a) To find her Grandfather.
(b) To find Nathaniel.
(c) To get something to eat.
(d) To the bathroom.
5. What does Grandfather promise Mrs. Flagg?
(a) To take her to a ball.
(b) To marry her.
(c) A buy her dinner.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the farmer throw Mattie and Grandfather off of the wagon?
2. What does Mattie decide she needs at the beginning of Chapter 18?
3. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
4. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
5. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)