|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Grandfather compare Mattie to?
(c) Her mother, Mrs. Cook.
2. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
(a) She does not get a response.
(b) Colette's health is improving.
(c) Colette's health has not changed.
(d) Colette's health is worsening.
3. Why does the farmer throw Mattie and Grandfather off of the wagon?
(a) Because Mattie has fallen ill.
(b) Because Mattie has been rude.
(c) Because Grandfather has fallen ill.
(d) Because the horse cannot pull all of them.
4. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they have bad luck.
(b) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
(c) Because they are dirty.
(d) Because they are weak.
5. How regularly did Mattie bathe before the fever?
(a) Every other day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mattie do for clean clothes?
2. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
3. When Mattie leaves her bed for the first time alone where does she go?
4. What does Mattie compare the clerk to?
5. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)