|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wakes Mattie up on her first morning back home?
(b) People on the street.
2. Who does Grandfather compare Mattie to?
(b) Her mother, Mrs. Cook.
3. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
(b) Mrs. Cook.
(c) Nathaniel Benson.
4. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
(b) Because they are dirty.
(c) Because they have bad luck.
(d) Because they are weak.
5. Why does the farmer throw Mattie and Grandfather off of the wagon?
(a) Because Mattie has fallen ill.
(b) Because Grandfather has fallen ill.
(c) Because Mattie has been rude.
(d) Because the horse cannot pull all of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mattie moved on the tenth day?
2. What does Grandfather promise Mrs. Flagg?
3. When thinking about her grandfather, her mother and Eliza, Mattie decides that who has the most strong-headed opinions?
4. Why does Grandfather not wake up?
5. When Mattie leaves her bed for the first time alone where does she go?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)