|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How regularly did Mattie bathe before the fever?
(b) Every other day.
2. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
3. What does Mattie do for clean clothes?
(a) Eliza brings her some.
(b) Borrows some from her mother.
(c) Sews some.
(d) Borrows some from a neighbor.
4. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
(b) Nathaniel Benson.
(d) Mrs. Cook.
5. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they have bad luck.
(b) Because they are dirty.
(c) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
(d) Because they are weak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Grandfather compare Mattie to?
2. What does Mattie compare the clerk to?
3. When are patients discharged?
4. What is Grandfather's contribution to dinner?
5. When Mattie leaves her bed for the first time alone where does she go?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)