|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
(a) A church meeting.
(b) The Free African Society.
(c) The Culinary Society.
(d) The Society to Cure the Fever.
2. What does Mattie compare the clerk to?
(a) A toad.
(b) A snake.
(c) A clown.
(d) A lion.
3. When thinking about her grandfather, her mother and Eliza, Mattie decides that who has the most strong-headed opinions?
(a) They are an even match.
(d) Mrs. Cook.
4. Why does Mattie think that the bugs are bothering them at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Because the baby needs a clean diaper.
(b) Because of the fever.
(c) Because of the horse.
(d) Because of the food Eliza packed.
5. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) Her former teacher.
(b) A friend of her mother's.
(c) Polly's mother.
(d) Nathaniel Benson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
2. Who wakes Mattie up on her first morning back home?
3. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
4. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
5. What does Grandfather promise Mrs. Flagg?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)