|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie do for clean clothes?
(a) Sews some.
(b) Eliza brings her some.
(c) Borrows some from her mother.
(d) Borrows some from a neighbor.
2. What does Mattie compare the clerk to?
(a) A toad.
(b) A snake.
(c) A lion.
(d) A clown.
3. What type of lessons does Grandfather give Mattie?
(a) Etiquette lessons.
(b) Spanish lessons.
(c) French lessons.
(d) Soldiering lessons.
4. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
(a) A church meeting.
(b) The Society to Cure the Fever.
(c) The Culinary Society.
(d) The Free African Society.
5. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
(a) Because they are weak.
(b) Because they have bad luck.
(c) Because they are dirty.
(d) Because they are sinners who do not attend church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the farmer throw Mattie and Grandfather off of the wagon?
2. What woke up Mattie?
3. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
4. Why does Mattie think that the bugs are bothering them at the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. Where is Mattie moved on the tenth day?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)