|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What woke up Mattie?
(a) The wagon stopping.
(b) Grandfather's snoring.
(c) The baby crying.
(d) The farmer yelling.
2. Where is Mattie moved on the tenth day?
(a) To a field.
(c) To the barn.
(d) To a wagon.
3. Why does the farmer throw Mattie and Grandfather off of the wagon?
(a) Because Mattie has been rude.
(b) Because the horse cannot pull all of them.
(c) Because Mattie has fallen ill.
(d) Because Grandfather has fallen ill.
4. Who is dropped off in front of the coffeehouse at the end of the chapter?
(b) Nathaniel Benson.
(c) Mrs. Cook.
5. What does Mattie compare the clerk to?
(a) A toad.
(b) A lion.
(c) A clown.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
2. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
3. Where does the clerk threaten to take Mattie?
4. What type of lessons does Grandfather give Mattie?
5. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)