|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
2. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
(a) To see her friend Nathaniel Benson.
(b) To the river for a swim.
(c) The blacksmith's to talk to Matthew.
(d) The market for supplies for the coffeehouse.
3. What does Grandfather promise Mrs. Flagg?
(a) A house.
(b) A buy her dinner.
(c) To take her to a ball.
(d) To marry her.
4. What does Mattie decide she needs at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) Medical attention.
(b) To open the coffee house.
(d) A bath.
5. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
(a) To the mountains.
(b) To Europe.
(d) To a friend's farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How regularly did Mattie bathe before the fever?
2. Why did Eliza want Mattie to cut her some asparagus grass?
3. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
4. Where is Mattie moved on the tenth day?
5. When Mattie leaves her bed for the first time alone where does she go?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)