|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are patients discharged?
(a) When they are not coughing any longer.
(b) When they have not had a fever for 24 hours.
(c) When they are unable to pay.
(d) When they are strong enough to walk on their own.
2. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
(a) She does not get a response.
(b) Colette's health is worsening.
(c) Colette's health is improving.
(d) Colette's health has not changed.
3. How many people have died in the city within the first week of the fever?
4. Who does Mattie run into while she is out of the house?
(a) Her former teacher.
(b) Polly's mother.
(c) A friend of her mother's.
(d) Nathaniel Benson.
5. Where is Mattie moved on the tenth day?
(b) To a field.
(c) To the barn.
(d) To a wagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mattie find in the garden that makes her dance?
2. What is Grandfather's contribution to dinner?
3. How regularly did Mattie bathe before the fever?
4. Why does the farmer throw Mattie and Grandfather off of the wagon?
5. What woke up Mattie?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)