|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mattie decide she needs at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(b) A bath.
(c) Medical attention.
(d) To open the coffee house.
2. What woke up Mattie?
(a) The farmer yelling.
(b) The wagon stopping.
(c) The baby crying.
(d) Grandfather's snoring.
3. When are patients discharged?
(a) When they are strong enough to walk on their own.
(b) When they are unable to pay.
(c) When they are not coughing any longer.
(d) When they have not had a fever for 24 hours.
4. Why has business increased at the coffeehouse over the past week?
(a) People are celebrating.
(b) People want to eat out instead of eating at home for safety.
(c) People are stocking up in case they have to stay home for several days.
(d) People are doing more of their business inland, away from the river, due to fear of disease.
5. Where do Mattie and her grandfather go?
(a) To the newspaper office.
(b) To the market.
(c) To the country.
(d) To the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mattie allowed to go when she leaves the house?
2. What type of meeting is Eliza attending?
3. Why does Mrs. Epler, the egg vendor, say that people are dying?
4. When Mattie's mother begins to worry about Mattie falling ill she suggests sending her where?
5. When Mattie's mother inquires about Colette's health what response does she get?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)